December 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Conditioner - Pantene - Repair and Protect conditioner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I thought this would be one of the better conditioners from Pantene in a while, however, I still do not think it is very good.
I hate that products are allowed to advertise such things like "reverse 6 months of damage" etc.
Of course I did not purchase this thinking that this conditioner would wow me in that department but I was hoping it would be very nourishing, conidtioning, detangling, just make my hair just look healthier.
It had a nice consistency but I prefer a thicker conditioner that I can really feel saturate every strand and do its job.
It felt just slightly ok when rinsing and fairly conditioned.
It did not detangle that well, made my wet hair feel stringy, and did not make my hair look any healthier.
To me this is what a "basic conditioner" should be, and for something claiming to reverse damage and do some repairing then I expect my hair better have some smoothing to it, shine, add some luster, and of course detangle. This to me failed. I did not notice any more benefits to my hair compared to using a much cheaper store brand.
I think the claims need to be turned down a few notches. Pantene has had better and thicker conditoners in the past.
As for me I would not repurchase.
Also I hated the strong floral perfumey scent to me it was horrendous.

update: as I continue to use this (trying to finish up the bottle) my hair seems more damaged and dry. It breaks off very easily and when showering I am getting lots of fall out

EEWWW I know what scent this reminds me of... sorta like Pink amoxicillin

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by AChally

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE

Made my hair go CLAMMY and greasy and just vile. Waxy Texture.

Would never use it again, I had to strip and cleanse my hair to get it back to normal. I do have good hair; shiny and sleek, but this made it horrible.

Very disappointing Pantene.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Talkabouthair

I think it's an overall great conditioner. I usually buy tresemee naturals which I'm totaly in love with but I was in need for a conditioner and this was the best one in the store. It takes away the frizz in my hair which is a problem because I have so much of it. It makes it silky and protects my hair from most damage. It's quite cheap so that's good but I think that for me it's just a good "in case" conditioner when I can't find tresemee naturals!
I just need to point out a thing that wellthatsme mentioned, it doesn't repair the hair but that was expected since there is no products that can ever do that. The only way to get rid of split ends is to cut it. And some might think that I'm lying but repairing products just become like a shell on the hair and it looks and feels repaired but when you stop using your products you will see that they are still there!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by tiesse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am very happy right now with product. I believe that just maybe this product if for African Americans. I read your posts and you said it was greasy and heavy, well that is what I needed bad! My hair is so dry and brittle. I have totally natural hair, very thick, and coarse. I used this product tonight, let it dry I decided to use the bumping iron because my hair felt so good, it was so straight from the root! My hair is down my back! I can actually feel my scalp right now, I am so happy right now, so happy!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Pantene Repair and Protect with the purple and gold logo.

It's a good value but it's not a good product. I do not like this product. It weighted my hair down and made them greasy after a while without moisturizing them. So their where dry AND oily and flat in the same time. Believe me, it's not a good combo. I must say however that I really like the charasteristic smell of the Pantene products. I think it's a really great scent, but that's the only thing I like about this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Wellthatsme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair has been extremely damaged, along with dry since I began to straighten my hair. I've longed for some type of hair line to cure my mistake. But it won't be Pantene.
Pantene's hair products always have a fresh smell to them, which is just divine! I liked the smell of this conditioner, which I used with the same shampoo, and it had a nice feeling to it. It's not extremely thick, nor is it runny or googy.
When I firsted use the shampoo, I studied my hair to see any changes. Nope! But I continued on, and used the conditioner. It detangled the knots I get from my curly, frizzy hair and made it feel incredibly sleek which I just loved. But once I got out of the shower, all the damage was still there.
In one use it will get rid of 6 months of damage! No, for my hair that is a complete lie. I do not recommend this to anyone, since it didn't help my hair go back to it's healthy state, neither did it help when I add heat to my hair!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the bottle with the gold top called repair and protect which talks on the bottle about a dual-polymer complex and visibly erasing 6 months of damage. I like this product. Felt rich and made my hair look super shiny and feel soft and smooth. Seemed to stick my split ends together a bit too. It did seem to make my hair not hold a curl as good though. EDIT: I do think this made my hair seem a little dry in the long run. Especially after the second time I used it and it also weighed my hair down and made it flat

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up since I had a coupon, but wished I would have saved my money. I have naturally curly, but permanently straightened hair. My hair is on the dry end, but not super dry and no damage. I thought any repair from blow drying and straightening 2x a week would be great. I used the shampoo and conditioner 3x and each time was left with dry, brittle hair. Maybe it has protein and not enough moisture which would explain the dryness. I could hardly comb the conditioner through my hair and even though my hair was soft while it was drying, it immediately looked very dry when it was styled. I am passing this along to my niece and hopefully she will have better luck.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by kika824

I have to edit my original review for this mess...

I'm an avid high-end brand consumer when it comes to hair and makeup...and would normally turn my head away from this brand because of the bad things I've heard. But on a whim, I purchased the shampoo and conditioner because of it's promise to repair six months worth of damage, in one use. After one use - I WAS in love with it.
However, that was very short lived. I have fine hair, very dry at the ends, more oily at the scalp, and it's brittle. I felt an immediate difference in my hair after using it. I let it air dry, and didn't put any serums or hair softening products in it. But after a couple of weeks, my hair became so much worse! This product feels heavier than it did when I first used it. My hair is greasy feeling, and the build-up from using it is horrible. STAY AWAY from this crap!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by rilokiley1289

I have shoulder length, fine/medium, dirty blonde hair. I often use Sun In when I blow dry to brighten it up a bit and whenever I style it I use my Chi flat iron to curl it. Needles to say, my hair is pretty dry and a little damaged from all the wear and tear. I usually use Pantene Moisture Renewal for fine/medium hair which works well enough for a drug store brand. I wish I could say the same thing for the Repair and Protect, I had such stupidly high hopes after seeing an ad with Zooey in it that I went out and bought the shampoo and conditioner the next day. I've used these twice now and each time my hair feels greasy at the roots, yet extremely dry (like, dehydrated) and brittle all through out. I'm extremely disappointed in this product. Now I guess I'll just have to let my hair soak in coconut oil to see if I can get any shine back to it.

As to not waste the conditioner I'll probably just use it on my legs as a shaving lotion until it runs out.