April 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Conditioner - Pantene - Repair and Protect conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by tiesse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am very happy right now with product. I believe that just maybe this product if for African Americans. I read your posts and you said it was greasy and heavy, well that is what I needed bad! My hair is so dry and brittle. I have totally natural hair, very thick, and coarse. I used this product tonight, let it dry I decided to use the bumping iron because my hair felt so good, it was so straight from the root! My hair is down my back! I can actually feel my scalp right now, I am so happy right now, so happy!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Pantene Repair and Protect with the purple and gold logo.

It's a good value but it's not a good product. I do not like this product. It weighted my hair down and made them greasy after a while without moisturizing them. So their where dry AND oily and flat in the same time. Believe me, it's not a good combo. I must say however that I really like the charasteristic smell of the Pantene products. I think it's a really great scent, but that's the only thing I like about this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Wellthatsme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair has been extremely damaged, along with dry since I began to straighten my hair. I've longed for some type of hair line to cure my mistake. But it won't be Pantene.
Pantene's hair products always have a fresh smell to them, which is just divine! I liked the smell of this conditioner, which I used with the same shampoo, and it had a nice feeling to it. It's not extremely thick, nor is it runny or googy.
When I firsted use the shampoo, I studied my hair to see any changes. Nope! But I continued on, and used the conditioner. It detangled the knots I get from my curly, frizzy hair and made it feel incredibly sleek which I just loved. But once I got out of the shower, all the damage was still there.
In one use it will get rid of 6 months of damage! No, for my hair that is a complete lie. I do not recommend this to anyone, since it didn't help my hair go back to it's healthy state, neither did it help when I add heat to my hair!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the bottle with the gold top called repair and protect which talks on the bottle about a dual-polymer complex and visibly erasing 6 months of damage. I like this product. Felt rich and made my hair look super shiny and feel soft and smooth. Seemed to stick my split ends together a bit too. It did seem to make my hair not hold a curl as good though. EDIT: I do think this made my hair seem a little dry in the long run. Especially after the second time I used it and it also weighed my hair down and made it flat

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up since I had a coupon, but wished I would have saved my money. I have naturally curly, but permanently straightened hair. My hair is on the dry end, but not super dry and no damage. I thought any repair from blow drying and straightening 2x a week would be great. I used the shampoo and conditioner 3x and each time was left with dry, brittle hair. Maybe it has protein and not enough moisture which would explain the dryness. I could hardly comb the conditioner through my hair and even though my hair was soft while it was drying, it immediately looked very dry when it was styled. I am passing this along to my niece and hopefully she will have better luck.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by kika824

I have to edit my original review for this mess...

I'm an avid high-end brand consumer when it comes to hair and makeup...and would normally turn my head away from this brand because of the bad things I've heard. But on a whim, I purchased the shampoo and conditioner because of it's promise to repair six months worth of damage, in one use. After one use - I WAS in love with it.
However, that was very short lived. I have fine hair, very dry at the ends, more oily at the scalp, and it's brittle. I felt an immediate difference in my hair after using it. I let it air dry, and didn't put any serums or hair softening products in it. But after a couple of weeks, my hair became so much worse! This product feels heavier than it did when I first used it. My hair is greasy feeling, and the build-up from using it is horrible. STAY AWAY from this crap!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by rilokiley1289

I have shoulder length, fine/medium, dirty blonde hair. I often use Sun In when I blow dry to brighten it up a bit and whenever I style it I use my Chi flat iron to curl it. Needles to say, my hair is pretty dry and a little damaged from all the wear and tear. I usually use Pantene Moisture Renewal for fine/medium hair which works well enough for a drug store brand. I wish I could say the same thing for the Repair and Protect, I had such stupidly high hopes after seeing an ad with Zooey in it that I went out and bought the shampoo and conditioner the next day. I've used these twice now and each time my hair feels greasy at the roots, yet extremely dry (like, dehydrated) and brittle all through out. I'm extremely disappointed in this product. Now I guess I'll just have to let my hair soak in coconut oil to see if I can get any shine back to it.

As to not waste the conditioner I'll probably just use it on my legs as a shaving lotion until it runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by ohsailor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this (and the shampoo) as the large size was on offer and it is usually quite expensive so I thought I was getting quite a good deal. Not so.

I hate both the conditioner and the shampoo.

The first time I used it, my fringe looked so greasy. As I used to wash my hair every day, I tried again the next day, being very careful to thoroughly, thoroughly rinse my hair in case I hadn't removed traces of the conditioner enough.
Second time around....my fringe was still greasy. The rest of my hair was lank and looked awful. I felt so self conscious of the state of my fringe (thankfully the rest of my hair was in a bun) as it is a full fringe and any greasiness/lankness is very obvious.
The products certainly didn't help my hair look any smoother or softer and even without the greasiness, this was very unimpressive.

My partner has used the shampoo without any problems but also hates the conditioner. After discussing my Pantene disaster with my sister, she told me that she had also used this Pantene and hated it too.
I've now bought Tresemme Keratin Smooth (shampoo and conditioner) and it is so nice to have smooth yet non-greasy hair back!

I would NEVER buy this again and it has certainly put me off the brand for life.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by laurencampbell81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this product (as well as the shampoo) for a couple of weeks. I bought this shampoo as I tend to get split ends very often which is a pain when your trying to grow your hair as the hairdresser cuts all the long split ends bits off, leaving my hair short again. I thought that if I by this shampoo and conditioner, my split end would repair and my hair would be less vunerable. I havent noticed any big difference with my hair yet, however my hair is very curly which means its a bit harder to tell if the ends are split or not. Hopefully, next time I go to get my hair cut, less inches are cut off.
I would reccomend that you spend a good while rinses your hair when washing your hair with the shampoo and conditioner as I have sometimes found the I have flakey dandruffy bits in my hair. My hair does feel quite soft at times but it can also feel quite greasy, however that may be down to other products such as heat protecter and hairspray that I use.
When I found out the price of this product, I was a bit shocked but still intended to buy the product due to the good advertisement on the television. I was happy when I got to the till when I found out it was half price!
Overall, this is a product worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by HollieDawson

I used the Pantene Pro-V Repair and Protect shampoo and conditioner and I was amazed by the results!

My hair is quite long, very thick and naturally curly and as a result very difficult to tame! I used these products because when I straightened my hair it would almost look grey in parts from my split ends. This really irritated me and I was desperate to find a solution.

I saw the advert for these new products advertised by Liv Tyler and thought I would give it a try and they have become my sacred Shampoo and Conditioner, I took one wash and straightened my hair using a heat defense spray and ALL my hair is brunette - no more grayish split end effect, I was amazed, it's like the split ends glue themselves back together with a 'just been cut' look.

This is a product I would definitely recommend for thick, wild, dry and brittle hair. To avoid an itchy scalp use a small amount (you can always add more if needed) and rub it into the hair (not on your scalp) first; so the hair which hangs down your face to the ends, then pull this hair on top of your head and rub so your scalp gets a cleanse, then wash thoroughly :) Repeat with the conditioner spending special attention to your ends!

After you have washed you can either style straight away or leave you hair to dry naturally and style it later like me ;) make sure you use a heat defense spray or gel to help protect your hair from future pesky split ends :) xx