April 21, 2014 | 1295 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Anti-Acne face wash

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this (or generic versions) for over 10 years now. This used to my daily face wash but I have recently switched to other cleansers and only use this when I feel oily or around that time of the month. The dollar store near me and several other large retailers carry generic versions of this that are much cheaper. Wasting the bottom part of the product is annoying and adding water makes this impossible to use.

Pros: Removes oil and contains acne medication, helps reduce and minimize minor breakouts, rinses easily, good for daily use. Identical to the Neutrogena acne body wash so it doubles for body acne. Great for teenagers/younger skin and people who do not need to exfoliate much.

Cons: Does not remove all makeup, drying, only prevents some breakouts, the pump doesn't reach the bottom 10% of product, other cleansers in the same price range have similar or better results.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by thegirlwiththeredpurse

This stuff was absolutely horrible for my skin. My acne was pretty mild at the time I used this and all it did was irritate it more and dried my skin out like crazy. It broke me out more and it was a dark day for me. For reference, I have combination skin that is very sensitive and acne prone. New, unwashed clothing can break me out in rashes so it may work for skin that's not as sensitive

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Maggiepup

Been using this for 3 years really good, especially if you're a student and suffer from acne breakouts use this!! It's affordable and if you wash you're face twice a day it will last you probably a month. I wouldn't recommend the grape fruit though it doesn't function as well as the orange and you'll get very easily sick of the smell. If you use the orange one you will most likely see results in the first couple of days though this only works for mild acne like the occasional breakouts especially for teens. For severe acne it will help manage and prevent some acne it however won't cure it so go see your gp then/or dermatologist.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by liv4beauty

I started using this product about 3 months back... and honestly it hasn't done anything I was hoping or expecting it to do. I read in so many magazines that it was the hot product every teen had, and it clears up acne. So I thought I'd try it out. It didn't do anything. None of my pimples and zits cleared up, and in fact, it just made me break out more and would not take care of blemishes on my face no matter how many times a day I washed my face. Even when I didnt have any blemishes and just washed my face with it normally, it dried my face right up. The scent and packaging reel you in, but in reality it isn't anything special and it's not as great as it is said to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by rosieroylance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is great. I have really bad acne not cystic or anything just alot of small clusters of pimples on my forehead and chin.

I also have alot of acne scars.. but i used to use this stuff a while ago then i got some clinique 3 step as a gift so i started using that instead. i couldnt understand why my skin just kept getting worse and worse, i got new breakouts nearly daily and i was desperate to find something that worked.
i started using this stuff again and my breakouts have calmed down and i havent got any more. I stil have scars but i cover them up with make up.
also its like ten bucks here which is really good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Sweettraumen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I like how this does not irritate my skin at all. I have had some cases of allergies and rashes on my skin, and this face wash did not irritate it at all! It is very gentle on sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by CClovesproducts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Likes: skin feels supple, clean and fresh after use. cleans off the gunk and smooths rough skin.

Dislikes: after using approx. 3/4 of the bottle, I had dry flaky red skin around my nose and neck so i diluted it and it was ok. smells of chemicals, and it stung my eyes like crazy.

Overall: did not clear my acne though i like the clean feeling it gave, would probaly buy again if no other products are successfull.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lauren330

Best face wash I have used. Makes my face feel fresh and clean as soon as I wash. A plus is that it is also great for my oily, acne prone skin. It is also very inexpensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product irritated my skin like crrrrazy! I saw that it was reccommended in the commericals and after seeing some reviews on it, I decided to purchase this. It smells like school hand soap and it broke me out even worse! Def. NOT for sensitive skin. After using this product my face got even more broken out and it did a lot of harm than helpign my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by MedeaSea

I've been using this for three days and the usually perfect skin on my cheeks is incredibly dry. The zits on my t-zone are also not improved at all. Also, when I first bought it the pump wasn't working (it started to work recently). I threw it away almost full and will NOT repurchase it. I definately don't recommend this, especially for people with normal or dry skin ANYWHERE on their face.