October 1, 2014 | 2033 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Magically Cool Liquid Powder - Cajun

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. From the application to the way it makes my skin look, it is better than I expected it to be. I like that I can make the application as soft or as intense as I like it to be. I recently wore this for daytime, so it was a very light application (I'm fair-skinned), for the nighttime all I had to do was apply a bit more of this for a bronzer. I loved the way it looked and didn't need any other face products, yay!
Yes, I'd recommend this to anyone

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by shaecamille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this ! I lately just wear a little concealer with this on top. It makes my skin glow ! If they ever stop making this I will cry.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by BitOHoney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving this powder!!! It's made with water which is what I really think makes the difference. I don't get anywhere as near as oily with this because it doesn't have a lot of fillers and junk in it. I got the color in Cajun which is a good match for me . NW 40-NC 42 makes me look like I have a really nice healthy tan not that fake bronzer look which I hate.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by JaeMae

I loooove this product. I went to MAC looking for something to give me a nice healthy glow w/o looking like i rubbed bronzer all over my face. I purchased this product in the color cajun and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It gives me a nice, natural glow and I always get compliments on how I have a "glow". The only down side to the product is that in the morning it looks so nice but by the end of the day with my combo skin my face looks kind of greasy. So I have to blot my face w/ paper towel which removes the product. but overall will def. re-purchase when it runs out !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by misshalfer

I bought this one in Cajun to use as my contour and it is by far the best product. I love the texture! SOLD

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Cajun is a sheer, bronze shimmer that reflects gold. It looks a little dark, ruddy and matte in the jar, but once swatched the golden hues really come out. It's a bit of an orangy bronze, somewhat similar to the color of Chanel Bronze Universel. There is a slight golden sheen, but it can only be really seen when the product is applied heavily. My favorite way to apply Cajun is with a duo-fiber brush. Preferably, my Sigma F50 Duo Fiber Brush because it is the most dense/stiff duo fiber I own. Because Cajun contains actual pigmented color (rather than a shimmery sheen like the other two powders) it can be a little difficult to work with. The way I found it works best is by tapping the tiniest bit into the lid of the jar, then swirl the duo-fiber in the product and tap off any excess. Then, lightly swirl it on your cheeks, or all over your face to warm up your complexion. Do not try building your color all at once, because once a lot of product is applied, it transitions to a powder almost instantly and won't move around much to blend. Apply a little and then build from there. Because applying only a little product at once is crucial, I don't really feel the cooling sensation like I do with Honey Rose (because with Honey Rose, I'm able to use much more product). The result is really beautiful and natural. Despite Cajun is a bit of a high maintenance product, I do like it and I'm glad I have it in my collection. I rated it a 3, rather than a 4 because it takes a bit of work to get this to work .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i recently found this at my CCO (n as well as truth & light) and i snatched it up cuz i missed out on it during the collection back in October. I LOVE this as my bronzer. I am nc35 for reference. You can't use these with a regular blush brush because it will be too heavy and streaky. I use this with my 188 duo fiber brush and it's amazing ! I use this as my contour and it acts as my bronzer, highlight and gives me some color on my cheeks so it's great for in a hurry makeup looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by liyahxxforever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i was looking through the mac website and realized that the powder was still their. i love this powder. i thought that it would be more of a matte color with a little color, but it's not. it has tons of shimmer and probably will become my highlight. i didn't feel the cool to powder feeling at first. you don't really feel it until you put it on your brush. the price was a little much but it was worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I like this, but I am not bowled over by it. Its a fun novelty type of makeup item but its sooo not worth the price. I wear it as a bronzer, and its a great color for that. I was so worried about how it would apply because when you swatch it, it goes on very streaky - but with the right fluffy brush it goes on your face a lot nicer. It does feel cool for about a second when you brush it on - probably a nice sensation in the summertime! Im not a huge fan of the container - its just sooo big and the product quickly settles and even seems to evaporate a bit (makes sense since its main ingredient is water - but it makes you wonder how much product you're really getting). Overall, a good bronzer and a good quality product but nothing that I'd rebuy over and over even if it was permanent - its just too expensive for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Angela2023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel this product didnt get enough love when it was released. I was trolling the mac site trying to pick out what i wanted from the tartan collection when i noticed this was still in stock. Being darker skinned (think light caramel) i thought maybe i could use this as a foundation powder so i was bummed when i realized it was too dark. HOWEVER, it is an amazing bronzer. it gives my cheeks a slight flush of color, and makes me look glowy. it is shimmery in the container but doesn't transfer to my face. it makes an awesome contour powder and doesn't make my skin look dirty. I took off one lippie cuz it has that awful character on the top of it.