July 30, 2014 | 1917 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Oilatum cream

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the large 500ml pump bottle, very convenient.

I love this cream, I always go back to using it when my skin gets very confused during the transitioning months from winter months into spring - at these times my skin doesn't know if it's dry or oily. It's weird. The Oilatum Cream moisturises my skin without irritation or leaving an oily film. It absorbs exceptionally well and my skin feels calm, nourished and ready for whatever.

**********************17th APRIL2014 - UPDATE******************************

This no longer works well for me, it's too thick and was causing me to breakout. Therefore rating has been reduced from 5 to 2 lippes and I would not repurchase. However, I will keep using this for my feet, knees and elbows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Oilatum products have literally improved my skins condition dramatically in the two years which I have been using them. My three favourites are the cream, the oilatum bath and the natural repair face cream. My skin has always been very dry and sensitive, so I needed to find myself unscented products that were also going to have a moisturising benefit to them. I wouldn't say oilatum cream is my favourite, if I was doing my review based on the cream alone I'd probably only give it 3/5 because I find it is excellent for stopping my dry patches of skin from itching, but it doesn't seem to clear it up completely, I have to mix it with a body moisturiser in order for it to disappear. However the bath oil is fabulous, I add 2-3 capfuls in a bath and a small dash of baby oil and it has kept my skin beautifully soft, free from irritation and less dry. When using the cream and the bath oil together it has completely trasnformed my skin which is just what it needed. Fabulous stuff, would definitely recommend for those with sensitive and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive, reactive skin that veers to the dry. Though I love the ritual of moisturising, the only moisturisers Iíve used with regularity have been Mir, something by Annick Goutal, LUSHís Celestial, rosehip seed oil and sometimes Cetaphil, though to be honest, although I like the latter, my skin just isnít as flawless when I use that as when using some other moisturisers. Itís my cheeks that get irritated. The tiniest red marks that other people might not notice. I love to have clear skin. This moisturiser gives me that.
In texture, itís thick-ish and white. You can either rub a pea-sized amount into skin, or warm it in your palms and press it in, using the La Mer technique. It makes my skin feel plump and soft.
Iíve been through a couple of tubes, and have a third floating around. Normally the scent is a bit like yogurt, but one tube I got was off and had a more pungent aroma.
If youíre trying to decide between this and the Oilatum Natural Repair Cream, that one has olive oil instead of mineral oil, and is much lighter. With my skin, I can use either, but this one is more moisturising and leaves more of a glossy glow; the other makes a great makeup base.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this for years ever since my eczema started to flair up. I use it a lot on my face. It does seem to clog pores so I don't use it all over my face, just my problem areas. It's AWESOME for moisturizing and soothing hurt skin. When I get an eczema flair up this will really clam it down, stop it itching and help it clear up faster. It's not that expensive if you get the 150g one, it lasts for ages.
All in all this is something I will always see myself using.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I also used this for healing my tattoo after my tattooist recommended it (I thought he would recommend Aquaphor but he said that was s**t for tattoos ahem). My tattoo healed nicely with no flakiness or dryness at all. I also use it for the eczema I get behind my knees, on dry elbows or hands, knees, feet...it works really well and leaves dry patches moisturised in no time. It's fragrance free and despite the thick cream texture, it doesn't feel like my skin is drowning in a thick sludge like some creams leave my skin feeling. You get a really big tube so the price isn't that bad. A staple in my collection and a definate repurchase for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I really like this cream. I originally purchased it to use on my tattoos whilst they were healing and it worked really well - my tattoos didn't itch or dry out at all and healed perfectly.

Oilatum Cream is an emollient used in the treatment of eczema, dermatitis and dry skin including ichthyosis as it soothes, softens, rehydrates & relieves itching. It helps moisturise the skin after washing and is suitable for people allergic to lanolin. I use this on my body and face occasionally. It moisturises without being heavy or thick. I can use it on my face without breaking out. It's fragrance free which I appreciate as I hate fragranced skin stuff!

INGREDIENTS: Macrogol 1000 Monostearate, Ceostearal Sorbate, Benyzl Alcohol, Critic Acid, Povidone K29-32, Purified Water
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Light Liquid Paraffin 6.0% w/w, White Soft paraffin 15.0% w/w.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No