November 23, 2014 | 1762 users online

Eye Shadow - New York Color - City Duet in NYC Times

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by autumnwormtongue21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

New York Colors eyeshadow in City Duet are a highly pigmented eyeshadow in basic black and white. I love that this has absolutely no sparkle or shimmer to it. The bad thing is that it crumbles when you dip the applicator in it. but overall its a pretty good product worthy of bought again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Sooner_Chick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I apologize for the review in thw wrong catagory -

This review is for New York City City Mono Shadow in Gossip Girl

In the pan, this looks like a light to medium pinkish champagne with gold tones with a shimmer. Looks great topped with Sparkle Eye Dust in B94 Pink Champagne.

Texture and Consistency:

Applies smooth,this is a soft shadow.

Complaints: The small applicator that comes with it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I just bought this Duet for a little under $3 at Walmart. I was looking to re-buy an Expert Wear white from Maybelline, but they either don't have it or were sold out. Then I stumbled upon this set.

It's a great basic black and white, and I'm very happy I bought it. Both color are well pigmented, especially for the price range! The white is actually better than the Maybelline version I originally had. Both colors are flat and matte. No sparkle or shimmer (exactly what I was looking for).

The one problem I do have so far is the packaging. The durability isn't very good, and it's also a little hard to open the case. A small chunk had fallen out of the corner of the black eyeshadow from the car ride home (you can kind of see it in my picture. The upper part of the Y). It was a mess when I opened the case for the first time.. I HATE when that happens. I wont be putting this Eyeshadow Duet in my makeup case for my purse, but once again, for $3 how much can I really complain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by fihe

this was formerly known as Manhattan Mist. I had been excited to buy it because I love the colors black and white. well, the black side is decent, but the white side sucks! I'm only NC15 and it gives hardly any color! I find that it works under a white cream makeup base (Mehron Color Cup in White), but so would any translucent powder -______- also, I don't want to have to be REQUIRED to use a super white base with it! grr. it would be silly to keep this just for the black side, so I ought to return it.