December 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Foundations - Napoleon Perdis - Boudoir Mist Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mama3ez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After testing this product in the store, my face looked AMAZING. Not chalky or masklike at all, but with excellent coverage. I bought the can of the 2nd to lightest color shade (can't remember the name) and on the way home, I couldn't stop looking at my face in the mirror, such a pretty finish! UNTIL...I looked in the mirror at home, about 45 mins after the original application and my face was ORANGE. What happened? I figured it must be the lighting, or a reaction with the other products that I had on my face. I washed and started over, using the Napoleon primer that I'd purchased. Once again, beautiful color, finish and coverage. Once again, 30-45 mins later, ORANGE face. I washed, tried again with no primer, no moisturizer, just the Boudoir Mist Foundation. ORANGE.

I exchanged the original shade for the lightest shade available, and tried the aforementioned process again. Without fail, my face was orange within a short period of time. The product has an ingredient that oxidizes after a short period of time-the sales gal at Ulta informed me of this when I returned. Boooo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am new to this brand. There has been something that just turned me off without ever trying it. Maybe the over-the-top advertising? I don't know. I bought this spray foundation after trying it on in the store. I have trouble with foundation collecting on dry patches or balling up.My skin has changed since doing Obagi. I need something light to even my skin out. I am really fanatical about foundation not showing on the skin. I mean to the point that I get out a magnified mirror to see if it is just sitting there.

I spray this on a foundation brush and apply, going back over and stippling areas that are more red like around my nose. It evens out my skin tone yet looks like I am wearing nothing. It passes the magnification test as it is even, does not catch on dry patches and is not sitting on top of my skin waving at me. No balling over my LaRoche Possay combo primer and sunscreen SPF 50.

I had not noticed any oxidation but to double check I put an old standby foundation on one side of my face and the NP on the other. After a day of cooking and an evening out they were both the same color. Same as when they started. Neither had worn off. BTW, I compared NP to an Armani foundation. It sat there, was uneven and caught on dry patches. It flunked the mirror test.

It comes in a 1.6 oz aerosol can with instructions not to spray in your eyes which is probably a tip that can be useful for any aerosol product. Oh, and don't smoke when you are spraying it. Just thought I would mention that. I don't know how long a can lasts compared to a bottle or jar of another type of foundation. It retails for $49 US but I got it at Ulta for 20% off. I bought the color, "Look 1" and am about an NC 20.

I took a lippie off due to the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lovelyKk

Pretty bad color selection, orange glow after thirty minutes, no coverage no matter how you try to apply it. I don't even have a lot to say about this one, just don't try it! I guess if you have very good skin and are looking for an expensive alternative to a tinted moisturizer this may work for you, but it does oxidize quite a bit so make sure that it still matches throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by EmilyHeather

Got to try this at work, not impressed. I was weary of it since any of the other 'airbrush' foundation-in-a-can kind of things tend to oxidize fast.
We used ChinaDoll in B2 and the BM in B1. Initially it looked amazing, totally flawless. About ten minutes later in my car i looked in the mirror and to no surprise it had oxidized. I was orangey. It sucked because it looked so awesome, but alas its no good.
And the $49 price tag, yea ok.
Oh well. Thankfully I was at work so it was free ha

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Again, another epic fail from Napoleon Perdis! I got a handful of products from NP over the years, but either were given, or free from Magazines, I've learnt not to buy from NP after the continuos let downs.
My cousin brought this and gave it to me, she said I probably would like it since I love the Sally Hansen and the Dior mist foundation.
My first impression was that it's quiet expensive, but then most cosmetics are expensive nowadays. I wore this on around the house once, cause that how I like to test out my makeup, and my partner had a good laugh!
His comments "you look like a tangerine oompa loompa!', drove me up the wall! Although I dont find it great on your face cause it has a heavy orange undertone, I do think it would work on your body, if only the formulation wasn't rubbish! It just rubs off on everything!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by xxchattexx

Although I would never wear this product by itself, I love it over another foundation especially on nights out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

This is a spray-on foundation from NP. The coverage of it is very light - ideally, it is for people who already have near-perfect skin. However, a better use for it is to spray it on when you already have other foundation on - i.e. to even out what you have already put on. I find spray-on foundations fiddly to use, and you really do need to have someone else spray it on for you to get an even result. This product is very expensive (i think about AUD $69), so given it is pretty much useless unless your skin is perfect (in which case you wouldnt need foundation anyway), this product, although creates a nice sheen, is a waste of money.