July 30, 2014 | 1978 users online

Powder - MAC - Magically Cool Liquid Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not entirely certain why I purchased this, but I am very glad that I did because it lends itself well to multiple uses. For reference, I purchased 'Cajun' from the Venomous Villains Collection. It's now a permanent product.

I'm quite dark (NW50/55), so I use this to set my under eye highlight, under my brow bone, and also as a very natural looking blush. The powder is a deep brown, with an orange-y undertone, and very fine shimmer, which translates to a glowing sheen on the skin and feels absolutely divine and gives a cool sensation as it's applied.

Because this is a loose powder that doesn't blend out very well, it's almost imperative to use a brush with very sparse bristles/fibers because it is very easy to pack on too much of this. I prefer to use a dual fiber brush and sweep lightly and precisely where I want it placed. For brow bone, I tap with a blending brush. This powder sets really quickly, requires exact placement, and lasts a full day (8-10 hours).

Now the only drawback of this product is that it's in loose form which makes it really messy. I originally poked a few holes in the seal, but it eventually began to peel, making it pointless. I'm not a fan of loose powders and sifters. I do wish the sifter had much smaller holes to dispense a manageable amount of product. I am also not a fan of the price, but it works and I will continue to buy it until something better comes along.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MsAjuwon

I use the Cajan shade of this product and it is the only powder I ever use. I am addicted to glowing skin that is not too matte and this fits the bill.

It provides a sheen even when one isn't wearing foundation that presents one's skin in the best possible light, it seems illuminated from within.

Now I have a major issue with the packaging, so much so I decided to try she uemura's sheer face powder, big mistake. Colourless my ..... the powder did not work for me as it had a grey tint which did not work on my black skin.

On reverting back to MCL, I emptied my shu uemura powder sheer powder container and poured in the MCL which ensured the easier use of the product. I will continue to use this container and pour in the MCL until MAC gets its act together and improves the MCL packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder so much. Please correct me if i do not have my facts straight on this - but I heard that this powder was originally released (or at least re-released) in the venomous villains collection, but is now part of their permanent line in three shades: "Truth and Light", "Honey Rose" and "Cajan."

Truth and light is described on the MAC website as a "sheer shimmer that reflects silver and pink."
Honey rose is described as "sheer rosy beige with multi-dimensional shimmer."
And Cajun is described as "Sheer bronze shimmer that reflects gold."

The reason its called Magically Cool Liquid powder is because it is a silky, feather light powder, formulated with 70% water. it dusts on the skin as a cooling mist to set and enhance the look of any foundation. It is also described as "Beyond sheer" - a virtually invisible way to add luminosity and a soft radiant glow to the skin.

I cannot agree more with the claims. It really does exactly what it says. I have mine in the shade "Truth and Light" and I am so happy with it. I would 100% repurchase it, and at $30 dollars that is saying a lot. You get 24g of product in a LARGE loose powder container with a sifter, much like mineral makeup, but the container is quite large.
As I applied it this morning, over my foundation (MAC Studio Tech) I couldn't help but notice how pore-less my skin looked. My skin literally looked as smooth as an egg. The cooling touch it brings once applied to the skin is so nice as well. I have dry skin and usually do not rave about powders, but this product is an exception. Did not cling to any dry patches at all - i actually found it to be moisturizing, and leaves such a flawless finish. I think its worth every penny and I am surprised there aren't more reviews on here about this product. Maybe nobody really knows about it yet because they don't know its on the permanent line?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, not only is this product messy and difficult to use because of the sifter letting too much product out at one time, the product itself is a chunky, impossible-to apply disaster. Such a shame because the color is a lovely bronzey pink, but the powder is so glittery and uneven, it looks terrible on the skin. I rarely return anything to MAC but this is going back asap.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do really like this powder but there are some things I'd wish MAC would improve on it. I bought this in Honey Rose & the shade is really nice, it gives a warm-rosy-champagne glow & makes me look really healthy but the only thing is that there are some noticeable glitter particles in this, I was hoping for a more straight metallic-like sheen much like their new Extra Dimension highlighters. Also I don't know if this is just a problem with the product itself or it's just mine, but mine kinda has an off-putting slightly awful smell to it, it's not as bad as when I first got it but it yeah, it kinda stinks. The smell doesn't linger too long just for like the first minute or so. I love the cooling sensation it gives, it's so refreshing & interesting, it does actually feel wet but sometimes it's not always consistent, sometimes it feels dry. But boy, once you apply this, it does not budge! This actually adheres to the skin very well which is strange for a highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Fashionista97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MACís Magically Cool Liquid Powder arrived just in time for summer. This powder is literally infused with 70% water (kinda like the Perscriptives version), so when you apply it to your face it ďmagicallyĒ feels as if youíre lightly misting your skin with water, when in fact itís really a very lightweight, shine controlling face powder.

I got the powder in the color Truth and Lightówhich is a really light, shimmery neutral. After using the powder, your skin will be left with a super dewy finish even though the powder isnít completely translucent. The color I have is definitely a shade reserved for those with fair skin, but luckily they have a version of the powder for darker, deeper skin tones as well. Iím not usually a huge fan of MAC face products because they tend to break me out like crazy, but this one Iím making an exception for since itís more of a setting powder and it doesnít go directly on my skin. Plus, I love the way it feels so much!

really recommend this product if youíre looking for a weightless face powder to combat this seasonís heat and humidity. I can almost guarantee you will be impressed with this new magically cool cooling powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a disappointment. I got this product because of the high reviews. Yes it feels cooling on the skin but the way it looked was a complete let down. I am obsessed with highlighting powders and with all the new highlighting powders, MAC needs to improve this quality. The chunks of glitter in this product are too large. I recommend Mac's cream color bases in pearl, shell, or luna instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by FabFashionista101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product!!! It works well (with the right brushes, also a sponge is decent) The liquid feeling on your face is cool anf fells SO good! this is a lovely shimmery powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by mariaoleary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was looking for a highlighter different than my NARS albatross. I purchsed it in the color honey rose and it came in a large sifter jar. It's a light pink semi shimmery powder used for either highlighting, or if bought in truth and light an all over powder. As others have said it must be used with a synthetic brush possibly a dual fiber brush otherwise it will just pill and/or not disperse evenly.
I love the color, but if I use too much it can come off as greasy.But if used lightly it gives a beautiful glow. The only downfall of this is that I feel that even though I have kept the lid on tight and only opened the sticker a bit on the top (exposing only 2 holes) that it has slightly dried out. It doesn't feel as cool as it did when I first purchased it. In the future the "cooling" niche won't get me because for the price I will just wait for another MAC highlighter at a lower cost that is easier to travel with and doesn't require a special brush.. But till then I am happy with my purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product! It feel really good on a sunburn, too! I wish it didn't have shimmer in it so I could apply this all over my face without the disco ball look, I also use it on my legs, arms etc for a glowy and refreshing look!