August 22, 2014 | 1966 users online

Scrubs - Avon - Clearskin Pore Penetrating Invigorating Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very grainy, scrubbing paste that smells of eucalyputs and mint. It is a very effective scrub and leaves the face with a menthol tingle. I would not repurchase this for use on my face as I am leaning towards finer granules such as found in microdermabrasion scrubs. But I would defintely use this on hands and feet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Megan18613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scrubs is great for oily-yet-dry skin like mine. I have large pores, blackheads, pimples and overall oiliness combined with flakiness in winter. Great. But this scrub - used no more than once a day- softens, cleans, smooths, banishes oil and shrinks blackheads. I really recommend!

You only need the teeniest amount and you can feel the beads working away. It's also not too harsh, and smells fresh and minty - like toothpaste in the best possible way. After rinsing your skin feels clean and nicely tingly.

The only problem is that it doesn't work for those with sensitive skin. My sister (who can only use certain products) had to rinse it off immediately as it was stinging her face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Starlajean12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Cannot tell a difference between this and my Clinique The Exfoliator! It's great! I got mine on a 2 for 7.99, seriously cannot beat that price. This right here has made me believe in Avon. I use it 3 times a week, seriously good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Petitepunk9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is wonderful at keeping my huge pores & oily skin at bay. It has never caused me any breakouts or irritation. However; you do want to avoid getting it anywhere near your eyes, because it will burn considering it contains menthol & eucalyptus.

Every other day I wet my face, apply this to my finger tips, and lather on each zone of my face in a circular motion. Then I rinse. Automatically I feel reduced pores. I then apply my normal cleanser & clean my face as usual. I haven't seen a breakout in weeks since following this regimen. My skin looks ridiculously clear & my pores look significantly reduced. I would recommend this to anyone with easily clogged pores & oily skin.

Plus Avon is always having one of those BOGO sales, or a 30% off sale, or some sort of sale. So you will rarely pay full price for this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by 33Lisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been trying to find a place to review the Australian Avon "Clearskin Deep Cleansing Cream Scrub for Acne-prone skin", this is the closest I can find, it's a blueish colour and slightly minty-smelling. I wanted to warn people with sensitive skin that this product contains menthol and I found it very harsh/irritating when I used it as a teenager. It was recommended to me to help clear up acne but really just irritated and further sensitised me. If you want a gentler scrub at about equivalent price, I would recommend the Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub which does not contain menthol. I now use this only occasionally for hands, legs or feet, but never again on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Best face scrub ever. Love the scrubbiness and menthol cool feeling after rinsing. I am hoarding this baby.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Total dupe for avon's now discontinued blue scrub. Love this! Has a nice minty cooling sort of feeling. Leaves my face squeaky clean. Cleans deep and does not irritate my skin. A little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

A great substitute for the now discontinued Clearskin scrub (the blue formula) the same but green now and slightly bigger grit (but not by much) still non-irritating and highly effective and is slightly warming and cooling at the same time. PLEASE don't discontinue this.. I am still hoarding an unused tube of the original formula and have a backup of this one. Best scrub money can buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by swirleycoffee

LOVE THIS! I use this for my version of the Proactiv routine (this scrub 5x a week, stridex max pads, and acne.org BP gel). I like that it isn't medicated, I don't feel like a scrub needs to be. I use this in the shower like the others and it is a great way to start the day. But beware, this had MENTHOL in it, which some people just can't handle. I stock up when this is on sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this scrub! I'm addicted to scrubs and I used to love their old clearskin one but this is way better. It left my skin soooooooooooooooooooooo smooth and glowy I just can't stop raving about it. It feels kinda smooth but its really doing its job and smells amazing. Even my hands feel so nice and smooth....I'm even thinking of using it as a treatment(scrub) for my hands.I hope they don't change it anymore because I love this.