April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Magically Cool Liquid Powder - Truth & Light

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by eileen08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't know what to think about this product, all the rave about it, it's like I'm reading about another powder!
I've tried it only once or twice, but it gives me patches on my face, not a nice finish, not dewy not nothing... I've tried different brushes with the same result so I don't know...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

Really nice all over highlighter :) I've been considering putting this up for swaps but just can't seem to let myself! I've actually started using it more lately. It gives you a glow used over foundation and can highlight cheeks when used over blusher. Nice as a setting powder also. This product really isn't a necessity but if you find yourself with some extra cash (it isn't cheap) I would definitely buy it. When you first apply it feels really cool on the skin! I don't really notice this any more though :S maybe my skin got used to it. If you want it really visible you have to use a fair bit but I don't see myself using it up soon. When I run out I probably won't repurchase as like I said I don't need it I just use because I have it (they definitely reeled me in with the cooling effect).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ok,this looks like a little gimmicky since such "weird" products often come from drugstore brands and they rarely live up to their claims but this stuff is awesome!
The main reason for me to buy this, is that I was desperately looking for some all over highlighter that can give me the "heathy and dewy" look.most setting powders that claim to do so create a shimmery nightmare.I have oily skin so when I mix a liquid highlighter with my foundation,I need a powder on top,which destroys the effect of the illuminator.
so this soft iridiscent pink beauty solved my problem.it feels like liquid when applied(as it claims) but turns to a powder as it gives a luminious effect with its texture while the pink tones creates a healtier complexion.it doesn't make you look like a disco ball if it is applied well.the shimmer isn't visible unless you check with a 5x mirror since it is really finely milled.
the application is a little tricky which is the reason why I am giving 4 stars.unless it is used without a brush like 187/217 etc.,the result is not very bright,as the powder almost clots(?) with some brushes.if you want to use it as an all over powder,take a small amount of product and gently sweep it with a 187(or such).it also dries quickly and once it dries it doesn't move so be quick to blend.
I use it after the blot powder,the staying power is really good.to be honest I didn't expect to see it on my face after many hours but that is not the case.
I also use it under my eyes and I am really loving it.I have pretty dark and red eye circles.it does a good job correcting the area and giving a healtier look without shouting "hey look,I have concealed my eyes!".
so this is a winner from mac.I love it and I have used it in every make up for the past month since I bought it.total HG!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

this is the best powder that MAC has ever invented!i live in texas with the heat being over 104 degrees,when i put this on it feels so nice on my skin i use it as an all over powder!love it will buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The MAC Assistant showed me this product and applied it for me i was amazed and loved it. When i took it home and tried to apply i noticed that it does not show up as much on my skin, although when the Assistand applied it i loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by TrickyNicky

Perfect for summer!

I don't understand HOW they do it, I just know I love it. When you apply this to your skin, it's as cooling as if you've just splashed your face with cool water.

It's a bit pricey at just under $30, but it gets HUMID in Chicago, and this is perfect for that weather.

I've heard that MAC will be keeping this product (and not discontinuing it), so from now on, from June to September, this IS what I will be buying!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

No pun intended, but this is a very cool product! I admit that I initially got it dude to the novelty factor of the cold-feeling powder, but I was happily surprised to find that it's also very pretty and flattering. I am quite pale, so I have to be really selective about highlighters because some can be too dark, but Truth & Light is really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by PretttyGirl

Absolutely love this product!!!! It gives you a nice glow to your skin and is just an awesome product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by lorric

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder for summer! I have been dusting this lightly over my origins vitazing, it makes for a beautiful easy summer look! A little goes a long way, especially when using all over the face. I am nw20 with combination to dry skin, so this gives me a beautiful dewey glow. I am so glad that I have this product this summer! I have also used it for a highlighter, which I also love. I will definitely repurchase if and when I ever run out....I hope it remains permanent, and I look forward to getting honey rose next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far no reactions to it like i did w/ the MSFN & it makes my skin look so smooth <3 Even my 4yr old commented on it lol. This is most deff going to be a re-buy.