MAC Hot House (Venomous Villains)

4.7

on 1/24/2011 4:08:00 AM

This was the first gloss from the Venomous Villains collections that I grabbed and it is BY FAR my favorite of all the ones I own. It's super bright, sparkly, and opaque. I didn't expect that much oomph from just a lipglass. It's perfect. Definitely my favorite. I wish I had gotten a backup before they sold out. My favorite color and I love the packaging.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Hot House is gorgeously brightened raspberry with a hint of shimmer. For someone like me who favors a berry lip, this is a wonderful alternative to the classic red. I'm probably the palest reviewer of this shade so far (NW15...in the summer), and it's actually very flattering on me -- bold, but flattering.

As you might expect, the formula is a typical MAC Lipglass - slightly sticky and long-wearing - but the real bonus is that this gloss is super opaque: one swipe will get the job done - two will make it perfect. Then again, I have really pale lips, so YMMV!

All in all, Hot House is a very sexy gloss and worthy of purchase if you find it at your local CCO! =D

on 11/11/2010 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, the packaging with Snow White's Evil Queen is awesome! As for the color, it's WHOA intense berry with tons of magenta and silver shimmer. It's a gorgeous color and suprisingly VERY pigmented for a lipglass, so one swipe will give you opaque color. I find it a bit scary at times because I never expect a lipglass to be so pigmented, but is definitely a beautiful color. Looks great with Magenta lip pencil if you want some lipline definition.

on 11/9/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my favorite lipgloss exactly my first from mac and i have to say I'm in love. I just wish it wasn't in the unlimited collection because I would buy this as a staple its such a beautiful color and I loved this so much I brought different lipglasses and lipdazzles but nothing compared.

on 11/1/2010 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I truly heart this lipglass. It's a beautiful, extremely pigmented magenta-fuschia color that I can wear on its own and it really pops. It's a really nice alternative to the standard red lips. I hope MAC makes this a permanent, it's such a gorgeous color!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Like many others I got sucked in to the MAC VV drama. I'm glad I did! I really like Hot House. It is an unusual color to me. It's a cross between magenta and iridescent. It is very pigmented, which I like. Most lipglasses by MAC are sheer in nature, but this applies almost like a liquid lipstick. I normally wear neutrals, so I don't see myself running out of this, but if I did I would repurchase. It's perfect for days when you want a pop of color and looks good if all you have on is e/l and mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm so sad this sold out at my nearest mac:( This is such a different color that I'm not used to on myself but in a really good way. Its a strong berry magenta/purple color. The glitter and color pigment are rich and bright. It lasted me half the day. I usually wear red lipstick or pink lipglosses but this color has me transfixed on an all new possibility of color for me. I have yellow undertones and this color compliments me very well. Not sure as to what color eyeshadows would look good with this lipgloss but cant wait to try to get my hands on it as soon as I find someone with a spare:)

on 10/10/2010 7:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I just love the colour, it is a wearable shade of purply fushia, something which would suit people with dark hair very well. A dramatic lip colour which you could wear as an alternative to red. Really pretty. My only critic of this is that it is REALLY sticky, so sticky that it is difficult to apply but it is something that I am will to let go because it is such a nice colour and looks great with my skin tone. I am looking forward to wearing on nights out and for halloween.

on 10/8/2010 9:24:00 PM

my husband thinks I look like the evil queen, so I thought this would suit me. :-P the packaging is pretty neat. it has a little picture of the evil queen looking sinister and holding the box that is supposed to contain snow white's heart. it shows up the same as it looks in the tube. it is a deep raspberry pink with a purple sheen. it is a bit too cool toned for me because of the purple sheen, and looks kind of funny and bright alone, but with a warm coral lip liner (I have MAC "lure") it looks flattering. it sounds like a horrible clash of colors, but I swear it mixes well. I like it, but would not buy it again because it does not look so hot alone. however, it looks REALLY nice and winter-ready with "briar rose" blush!

on 10/8/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!
so beautiful!!!!!
purpley fuschia colour , could look quite strange on very fair ppl (IMHO)
but i wear an NW35/NC42 and this looks amazing, seems to last a good few hours and still looks good!
shame its limited edition, i shall use this sparingly!

Popular Lip Glosses