MAC Toxic Tale (Venomous Villains)

4.4

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I recently bought this lipstick because it was included in the MAC Red Red Red Collection. See Sheer another one of my faves was also included in this collection. This lipstick isn't red at all on me... for the record I can wear NC 50, N9, and NW43 in Studio Fix, and I am a 7.5 in Matchmaster. This lipstick color is a pink coral. I love it. It has become my everyday lipstick. At first I was a little skeptical, because I thought it would be too light. Toxic Tale has a satin finish and it also has good staying power. I am going to order another one because I'm sure it will get used. So far, I've used MAC lip liners in Cork and Currant with this lipstick. This is one of my best MAC lipstick purchases.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG lipstick! i still have a nub left in the tube and i'll be so disappointed when it runs out.

This shade is irreplacable to me but a really good dupe is Maybelline Coral Crush

When I first discovered this color (viewing Mac swatches online) I was instantly in LOVE. No other color or dupe compares. The color is a stunning corally red with a neon like brightness to it. Stunning! It is in Satin formula so it's divine and has a retro finish, more matte than shiny but more moisturizing than matte. The tube is decorated with the unique venomous villain picture on a black case.

Now, hose of you who are looking for this very RARE item do not lose hope! After 12 mths of searching for this color through limited edition discontinued sellers worldwide I FINALLY found one on allcosmeticswholesale.com - AUTHENTIC Mac seller, however she sold out within days. But if this can happen so long after the item was first released I believe there are still some floating around and if you do a really thorough search you too could find one and believe me it's worth it. ACW may even get more somehow eventually (plus she has great authentic factory blemished Mac lippies for dirt cheap!)

I give toxic tale 10/10 and it is hands down my FAVE lippie :-D.

on 5/22/2012 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

soo, when this first came out, i made my sister go on opening day to buy this for me before it sold out. i wish i made her buy 5 because this is hg status for me. when i run out, i dont really know what ill do. i have many that i can replace with this and such, but nothing really matches or can compete with this. the color mainly is just sooooooooo perfect, that nothing else can ever replace this for me, lol. its beautiful and perfect for summer especially!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Toxic Tale by M.A.C is a neon coral. It is a satin finish, so it's very creamy, but not as creamy as a cream finish, its matte, so, no shimmer or glitter. Compared with other lipsticks and also M.A.C Lipsticks it's very small. There is less lipstick in the packaging. But the Packaging is very pretty and elegant, I love it!
You can layer the colour. So if you just dab it on your lips it will be really sheer and glossy. I like to wear that look with some gloss over it and eyeliner.
This is a very pretty everyday-look.
Sadly.. this product was limited edition!
M.A.C SHOULD REPROMOTE THIS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING COLOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 7/15/2011 1:36:00 AM

on my skin this is quite the bright lipstick. it's a nice coraly pink shade on me. is pretty pigmented and a lovely bright colour! wish they didn't DC but oh well, it's mac!

on 4/23/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I love this lipstick! The color is amazing. I was recently looking into Mac's Full speed lipstick from the Sheen supreme collection, and I heard a lot of people saying it was a dupe for Toxic Tale...which I had missed out on...or so I thought! I actually began going through my make up collection and came across a bag of MAC goodies that I didn't even know I had. Low and behold inside were Toxic Tale and Strange potion. I was super excited! Wore it the next day (pic in my profile) and I was in love! Got compliments everywhere I went. Im really into these coral sort of shades this season. I need a back up for this immediately! I'm hoping Full speed is a good dupe!

on 3/8/2011 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

In. Love.

I love bright, bold lips, and since I have very full/large lips, colors almost always make a huge statement on me. This is beautiful on! I'm NC20-25ish and have light pinky lips and on me it goes totally coral-y orange. It looks so summery and beautiful, but still fabulous in the winter. I cannot wait to wear this with a tan! I would say - on me - it's a brighter, more coral version of Vegas Volt (another favorite). I'm sure this is somehow dupe-able (since it was LE) but it really is a beautiful staple. I think this would be drop dead gorgeous on those with darker/deeper skin tones, too.

on 3/7/2011 9:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Coral is probably my favorite makeup shade. I love it in lipsticks, lip glosses, eye shadows and blushes - the brighter, the better! I was looking for something to replace my discontinued Sashimi Mimi (which is a beautiful color, but the formula isn't that great and it's a touch too sheer), and Toxic Tale looked to be a fantastic replacement.

The rumors are true - this is a better Sashimi Mimi.

Granted, this lipstick has odd staying power. It looks fantastic and bright when first applied and dulls down a little as it wears off. Re-application can make it a tad cakey, so this is one lippy off for bad behavior. Otherwise - a fantastic addition to every bright lipstick lover's drawer.

on 2/16/2011 5:43:00 PM

This is better than I thought it would be! It is tangerine orange on me and looks very bold and tropical. Even though it is still February, I can wear this and it makes me look forward to warmer weather. As for the formula, it reminds me of Amplified to some degree. It is actually creamy and very opaque. It is not dry at all. I love this lipstick and highly recommend it!

Popular Lipsticks