Giorgio Armani Shimmer Powder

4.4

on 6/13/2005 3:38:00 AM

I can't believe I received this lovely item as part of an RAOK package! I'm flabbergasted. Armani Shimmer Powder #2 is a goldish yellow colour with very subtle shimmer. The shimmer is more subtle than Becca shimmer powders, which means it is perfect for using as a setting powder. The texture is silky soft, if only I had the right brush for it! My Clarins powder brush doesn't do it justice. I'm impressed with the sleek, sophisticated packaging that is the hallmark of Armani. Rave rave rave!

I *adore* this-- cannot say enough about it! I got it in #2 (golden yellow), and it's just gorgeous. When I set my foundation with this, I have a beautiful subtle golden glow; it's the prettiest finish I've seen to a powder, and on top of LSF looks about as uncakey/unmasquey as foundation can possibly hope to be without being in-your-face shiney or shimmery. The colour of the #2 is FABULOUS for us yellow-toned girls especially, since we rarely have pressed powders to choose from that aren't too pink, much less shimmer ones. That's the *big* plus over Becca, in my book: the lovely golden colour. As for whether I'm going to repurchase, I've already ordered 2 back-ups :) ♥ ♥ ♥ it!

on 11/9/2003 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I hate to burst the bubble but I'm not impressed with Armani Shimmer Pressed Powders at all. I tried all three and they did nothing but accentuates my fine lines and frown lines. The shimmer is not as refined as Becca Shimmer Powder (which continues to be my fave), you can see little chunks of mini-glitter/shimmer on your face after you are done. Plus, I'm not sure if the filler makes my skin looks so masky/whitish, even in GA counter's lighting itself. Definitely a bit dissapointed, esp. since I've got high hopes on Armani line.

on 9/25/2003 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

When I was in Las Vegas last weekend one of my prime missions was to go to the Bellagio and actually see the Giorgio Armani cosmetic collection in person. $300 later and I was on my way. One of my many purchases was the shimmer powder #3. This pressed shimmer powder is light beige. The shimmer is very very subtle and gives my skin the most fantastic healthy glow. I love that there are no obvious sparkles so I can wear this night or day. I would highly recommend this wonderful product for anyone. *****

on 9/1/2002 9:40:00 PM

When I went back to Montreal last weekend, I headed straight to Les Ailes de la Mode, which has the only Giorgio Armani cosmetics counter in Canada. There, I picked up (among several other items!) this shimmer powder. It comes in three shades - I picked #3, which is a soft pale, pale pink. The shimmer is very subtle - unlike stila's AOS (which I also adore - but for an evening out). This simply gives a glow to your face, and is subtle enough to wear during the day.

As for the packaging - everyone else seems to rave about it - I think it's ok. The product inside, however, is a definite 5.

Recommended for Normal Skin