September 30, 2014 | 1047 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Perfect Wear All-Day Comfort Lipstick SPF 12

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ninamichaela

I'm on my third tube of perfect wear lipstick this is one of Avon's best lipstick. (Second being GlazeWear) I have finally found my perfect shade in Sunset Rose. It's matte, yet creamy, does not feather or stain and stays on for a very long time. I will re purchase this as long as I can. This is the very first lipstick i managed to finish and I am very happy with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Caribbean Copper, a red bronze and Sunset Rose a deep wine mauve color. .13oz navy tube with silver accent on top. both are creamy and feel light on the lights, no shine. i'd rebuy the copper maybe but not the rose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because it was on sale. I hope you'll forgive me, but I've enjoyed the baseball season, so I'm going to all this a Home Run instead of a Holy Grail. The meaning is the same. This is by far the best long-wearing lipstick I've tried. The formula dries quickly and remains comfortable on my lips without drying them out, and the lipstick does not fade or peel or wear away unevenly. I put this on at 8:00 a.m., and by lunchtime at 2:00 it still looks perfect, like I just applied. I am still amazed. My lips remain stained after lunch even though the lipstick is gone, but I reapply anyway. I truly adore this and will purchase more. The color selection leaves a lot to be desired, but that is something we'll probably always have to deal with from Avon. As for the color I purchased, it is called Sunset Rose. It is a copper plum that is slightly metallic. It works very well with my olive skin and black hair and is a great neutral for everyone, except for perhaps very fair ladies. I definitely recommend this line of lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Joyciejuice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

update: 4/24/08
The color Capture is the BEST color ever!!! It is a Mauve Nude and looks spectacular and lasts almost all day. It is exactly what I was looking for. I also have Perfect Wear in Nude Pink (reviewed directly) which is a nice color , Mag. Mauve reviewed below. and Iced Spice which I do not like (It looks silver on my lips.) Avon has a great return policy which I am testing on that one. I got these 50% off so for $4 I have found the l/s of my dreams! Capture! If they discontinue this color I will scream!

I have this is Magnificent Mauve. The scent is slightly fruity but not objectionable imo and the fragrance certainly does not last once applied. The texture is creamy. The stick is slender and easy to apply. At first I was a bit disappointed by the color as it seemed like a flat grey/pink on me. But after a few minutes and a check in the mirror I saw the color had "developed" into a more flattering muted mauve matte. Perhaps it just has to dry a bit before the actual color is revealed. I love it now! It lasts alot longer than other l/s. Even after lunch there is a faint stain remaining at which point I usually touch it up. I am definitely going to try some other colors. I wouldn't pay full price though. Wait until it goes on sale for 1/2 price or check with Ebay which I've done when too impatient to wait for the sale. Still, I prefer to support my local Avon rep rather than buying online. Avon has an excellent replacement policy too. Not sure how that works if you purchase from a seller on Ebay.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by GoodGrape

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very impressed. And I would never have tried this had a friend not told me how much she loves this lipstick. I took a chance and bought this in Magnificent Mauve and really, really like it. Ever wear an advertised "long-wear" lipstick? Totally drying and uncomfortable on the lips, right? Well not so here. Unbelievable. Yes, some does come off, but not much. And after many hours, still a stain. What a change from constantly reapplying lipstick which I do with most other lipsticks soooo many times during the day. And I HATE that. I have better things to do. Not to mention I'm sure the people at work think I totally love my looks and can't stay away from a mirror.........they won't think that anymore! *grin* Anyway next up may be Rich Raisin and Classic Berry. Also, for 3.99 a lipstick compared to another brand at 10.00 ea.........it's a no brainer gals. Enjoy!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2007 9:27:00 AM More reviews by esteeyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pretty colours and great price but my lips cracked a day after application. I will never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2007 7:36:00 AM More reviews by bumbles26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I brought this lipstick in two colours, Classic Berry and Heavenly Cappuccino...I was actually quite disappointed with both of them cos neither of them looked nice on me. I'm a light GGG and the Classic Berry one looked horrible like a bright pink and looked uneven when applied too, and the Heavenly Cappuccino looked orange on...when I thought it'd be a light brown shade. However, the colours did stay on for a long time and I did like the creamy texture of the lipstick and for that reason if they do come out with some better colours, I may repurchase. I have ordered two more lipsticks in their other ranges as I know that Avon do not test on animals and I'm sure that there are colours out there that will look nice on me. Lets hope those suit me, will review those when I recieve them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought Perfect Wear for $5 Cdn on sale, and it is an excellent long-wearing lipstick. Very slight vanilla scent which doesn't bother me. As a previous reviewer noted it contains titanium dioxide which provides broad-spectrum sun protection against UVA as well as UVB rays. It does tend to make your lips "feel" a bit dry, but in my experience all long-wearing lipsticks do that. I don't think it actually dries my lips as they don't feel different at the end of the day. You could wear a balm underneath but that might lessen the lasting power. As for the color, I bought Nude Pink based on the reviews here and I love it. It's the perfect deep neutral, a muted browny pink that reminds me of Clinique's Tenderheart but a touch brighter. I'm fair-skinned and this is the brightest color I'd want to wear in daylight. It's matte but not flat-looking. I really like it by itself or with a clear gloss overtop. As another reviewer mentioned, it does have slight orange tones when you first apply it, but they seem to fade after it dries. When I look at it in yellow indoor light, I can see a tiny hit of orange (more "warmth" than "orange" actually), but in natural outdoor light I see none at all. A true neutral. I think this color would work for most skintones. I have red undertones in my skin so I have to avoid deeper pinks as they can make my face look too rosy (Nars Dolce Vita for example, is often described as a universally flattering shade for fair skin, but it's too pink for me). Overall, Nude Pink is a versatile color for me-- nice for daytime or a subtle evening look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 5:45:00 AM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a 3 shades of this product (capture, classic berry, and magnificent mauve), and I'm just not crazy about the formula, scent or packaging.

First off, it has a really nice feel. Very smooth and thin, almost slippery, but it takes a LONG time to set imo. When it does, it is by no means stay-proof, but it lasts longer than a normal lippie (provided you don't drink anything, etc). On the bright side, it is very comfortable on the lips for a stay-proof lippie.

The scent is definately a little odd. Not really bad, but an almost unbearabley and indescribable generically fruity smell. It does fade after application eventually.

The packaging is absolutely horrible. They come in a pregnant plastic tube with caps that are pretty damned difficult to remove and i find myself scraping the lippie with the lid removing it. I do like the somewhat slimmer stick design though. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2007 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Kari1

Holy Hannah!!! If you are looking for a near "neon" looking red, then "24 hr. red" is your color! This is a little bright for me, and I would consider this a true bright red.....kind of hard to see any other tones in it. But it may show a little different on others. I would not consider this all that "wearable" to everyone. I think it's a little too cool for me, but it wears very well. I think Avon's color swatches are generally always off, no matter what the product. But, I would not hesitate to try other colors....and return if I'm not pleased. But, if you are looking to spend a little less money for a long-wearing lipstick...I would recommend atleast trying these. I would like to see a slimmer package for the product. The lipstick itself applies a little "wide" for me. I also forgot to say that this color applied very smooth with a little sheen, and then started to "set" as a few minutes go by. This color "set" to a matte finish.