October 22, 2014 | 2139 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Holiday 2010 LE Night Elf eyeshadow palette

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After searching high and low on ebay, I finally got my hands on this discontinued LE eyeshadow pallette. And I am glad I did. I love, love, love the MAC Club dupe (the greenish-red in the bottom left) and the true red shade. I find this palette is similar to Cover Girl's Drama Eyes Quad so if you don't have the Night Elf, pick up CG instead. Their red is more cranberry and they don't have a bronzy-gold shade or the MAC dupe but every other shade can make a similar smoky eye look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had the hardest time getting my hands on this palette, but I think it was worth it in the end. The shades are all so smooth and pretty, and it's really unique in the realm of affordable, drug store makeup. Way to go, Wet'n'Wild. Please make more products like this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by tbeighs

I was surprised to find this holiday palette (and the three others) in January 2011 at a Wallgreens in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We were stranded in 35 degree Florida (cold Florida, what?) because of a blizzard in NYC, so finding the holiday palettes wasa nice consolation prize. I bought them all, as the store was running 50% off all WnW products. They were $3.50 each.

I mainly bought this palette because of the hype -- about the duochrome and the red, even though I knew the red wasn't something I would wear.

I have focused on the left side colors (the creme, the taupe, and the duochrome) and I found they work really well together on me, sporting pale pale skin, brown hair, and hazel eyes. The lower left duochrome is a very unique color and I think a high end brand would charge $15-$30 for this shade by itself.

The shiny grey and sparkly black are very similar to colors in the Spoiled Brat Coloricon Trio and very similar to shadows I already have in my collection. The Coloricon Trio came out after the Holiday palette though -- I just happened to purchase them at the same time. I always love a sparkly black, but how many can you have? I was surprised this one wasn't that pigmented, but at $6.99 (or the $3.50 I spent) it's no big deal.

I think this palette would work really well on a darker tinted skin (and I have seen many people prove this on the web) and overall I think Wet 'n Wild is doing a fantastic job of delivering fabulous eyeshadows at dirt cheap prices. Kudos to Wet 'n' Wild. They have really stepped up their game.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The reason this palette caught my eye was because of the red. It's hard to find a nice red eye shadow that doesn't break the bank.
I used the silver, red & black to make a dramatic smokey eye. Love it.
I actually don't love the Mac club & TF label wh*re dupe because I don't look good in the color! The formulas nice, the color just doesn't work on me.
Overall, if you find this palette & like the colors get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by coolbeanz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Being only 17 years old without a job, finding great make-up for a great price is the best thing ever. I bought the Night Elf palette because I love creating dramatic, smokey looks, but the awesome thing about this palette is that you can create natural day-time looks as well. The pigmentation of the shadows is great, and I would have to say my favorite color is the one in the bottom left corner (the mahogany-ish color with the green duochrome). There are a few companies I can name off the top of my head who make a color exactly like it, but to get 5 more colors with it for only $4.99 is SWEET! However, as with all other wet 'n' wild products, the packaging is kind of ugly but I guess it's pretty sturdy and that's what matters. I highly recommend this palette, but you better get it quick because it's limited edition!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by rebeccad89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love Wet n Wild Color Icon palettes. The shadows are extremely pigmented and creamy. I was so impressed that I bought all 4 regular palettes and all 4 holiday palettes. they are a great deal and work amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to admit i was late discovering WnW for their eyeshadows., but alas - say LE to me and the hunt is ON! Lol., i managed to grab all four of the holiday palettes in a day at 8-10 different drug stores. Rite aid., cvs., walgeens.....the only place i found them was at walgreens. Now-on to the review.
I have to give WnW some major props for picking up their game with their eyeshadows. Well done! Any of these are just as good as any of my mac/ud/tarte/elauder...some are better.
The beown color in the bottom left swatched on my skin along with club., blue brown pigment and ud lounge- is an exact dupe of ud lounge. Club and its pigment counterpart have more of a brown base where ud lounge has a red-orange base. Exactly the same as the wnw night elf color. Dgmw., its gorgeous all the same and there Are no losers in this palette. If you see it GRAB IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are high quality shadows that can go toe-to-toe with any of the HE brands in a really ugly container.

I have found a great way to use the red shadow. I use it as a lip powder over balm and it gives a beautiful natural rosy YLBB look. It lasts a very long time with virtually no transfer. I wish I could find another palette just so I could have another one of these colors.

The MAC club dupe actually works much better for me. Club pulled red while this only has a hint of burgandy. It is a very wearable color that is quite unusual.

The white is great as an accent in the corner of the eyes and under the brow.

They all are easy to blend and have great staying power. Now if I could depot them into a nice container, I would be so happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by shamcd

I looked high and low for weeks on end to find this palette. When I finally did, I was so excited to finally try it out that I think I built myself up a bit too much about what to expect. Overall, the quality is on par with the rest of their palettes....buttery, creamy formula and pretty good pigmentation. On the other hand, the burnt golden color is a bit on the chalky side and transfers quite a bit lighter than it appears in the pan. The MAC Club dupe on the bottom left turned out surprisingly red on me, but it's still a lovely color. It's more of a red/brown duochrome on my skin. But the red shade is exactly what I'd hoped it would be: creamy, really pigmented, true to color, and very blendable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Wow!!!!!! I'm very happy that I decided to purchase this LE palette after all. I kept seeing it at my local grocery store and was on the fence about it for the longest time. The reason I decided to purchase it is because it's the most unique of all the WW color icon palettes out so far (even the regular collection). I swatched all the colors and they are so creamy (except the black glitter). All of them have some sparkles to them, none are matte. The red color is really nice, but not as pigmented as the rest of the colors. You'll probably have to use a base for the red. The only color I probably won't wear much is the black glitter color. It has chunky glitter that will probably end up all over my face. The eyeliner it came with is okay but it has sparkles so I'm not too keen on it. This is a fabulous find for such a low price. Great for doing a festive look for an evening out. The only reason I wouldn't purchase again is because it's LE and because these colors will last me a long time.