Anna Sui Forbidden Affair

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

If Only Anna Sui’s Forbidden Affair lived up to its’ name. This floral fruity perfume could have such promises. Black currant dominates, in other words, the infamous cat pee note, along with red currant (another cat pee note tempered with fruit), and lemon. Think about this. Not exactly pleasant. Along comes cedar and violets to give it an earthy dirt smell and there you have it. A Forbidden Affair with zombies. Enough said. Luckily it doesn’t last long.
Top Notes: Amalfi Lemon, Black Currant, Red Currant.
Middle Notes: Rose, Raspberry, Pomegranate.
Base Notes: Musk, Virginia Cedar, Violets, Vanilla.

on 3/4/2014 10:57:00 PM

I got this for $12 and oh my gosh it smells so good. Its like this weird sexy smell and good Lord. I really like this and would definitely repurchase it and recommend it

on 2/28/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this on sale and figured I'd give it a shot for $10. I INSTANTLY REGRETTED IT. The biggest problem I have with this scent is that it is heavy. It's extremely sweet and it doesn't work with body chemistry to create a unique scent, it masks any trace of having a scent and replaces it with a sickly sweet syrupy fragrance. My personal understanding is that it'd be ideal for young women, from 14 years old to very early 20s. But once you get out of college this sort of fragrance would be intensely immature and juvenile. I tried it once, gagged and before returning it gave it to my best friend, age 25, to try because she tends to have a spicy body chemistry (I have very sweet) to see if maybe it works better for her. I haven't heard back from her yet and she still prefers to wear her DKNY. So I don't suppose that's an encouraging sign.

Pros: Very affordable, some of the most interesting packaging and bottles you could find

Cons: It's like wearing koolaid as a fragrance, suitable only for very young women (who likely can't afford even it's low price of about $20/3oz), masks body chemistry rather than working with it, a larger bottle would get to smell tiring before you actually ran out

on 5/30/2012 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i had a choice to buy this or the lil starlet dolli girl. n since lil starlet is limited edition and it was the only one left so i got that.
but i still got the pefume paper thing with me and i actully quite like it. its like seductive and classy. when ive saved enough, id buy this :D
tho i have to say its the worse anna sui bottle

on 2/4/2012 7:32:00 PM

The bottle is not very appealing compare to the previous Anna Sui ones...

But the smell is pretty fresh n elegant; good for everyday wear! but if you want something that is really strong n sexy, this might not be the choice!

and I have juz finished a bottle, and planning to get a new one!

on 1/19/2012 3:05:00 AM

Definitely one of my favorite perfumes ever. I just came across a site and saw this then read the notes: Top notes of lemon, red currant and black currant, heart notes of raspberry, rose petal accord and pomegranate, base notes of violet, cedar wood and musk. It also has the Cyclodextrin Technology which claims to allow the immediate first fresh top note impression to “re-burst” over and over again for an ongoing sparkling fresh fragrance experience. Great isn't it?

I really fancy fruity-floral scents and this one is really the best for me. I was scared because I bought it online (at that time there's no Anna Sui near my place) but it was all worth it! I use this almost everyday and tried it out to some friends and they loved it too! Would definitely repurchase, worth it!

on 9/29/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've had an Anna Sui counter around my city for awhile, and it's not very updated at all (Unlike the ones in Japan and Asia).

Top notes of lemon, red currant and black currant
Heart notes of raspberry, rose petal accord and pomegranate
Base notes of violet, cedar wood and musk

I do smell fair notes of berries, sweet lemon, roses and flowers. It's very light, and I adore it a lot. I could wear this all day for this season at the moment (Fall/Winter).

With one spray, I can't even smell much with my chemistry. I do two spritzes, and it's a very subtle scent. (EDT)

Apparently, there's some "rebursting" technology. I can't tel, cause the scent is so faint.

But their packaging is extravagant, and I love this line so much.

The packaging is the sweetest thing I've ever seen other than the dolly girls as well!

For the 50ml, it's $65 Canadian. 75ml, $79.

Popular Fragrances