August 23, 2014 | 1787 users online

Body Scrubs - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Formula Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Shellziebellzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Slightly disappointed by this product, due to how much I absolutely adored the Palmer's Gentle Daily Cleanser. The scent is slightly more chemical and industrial than the cleanser, which smelt like a dream. The formula left a greasy film over my face after I washed it off with water the first time, so be sure to wash and wipe it off very thoroughly. Despite not being the best scrub I've used, it's decent, it gets the job done, and for its price, it's definitely a good buy. Sadly, this product will not be repurchased, as this did absolutely nothing for my acne-prone skin. Whilst there was no aggravation or extra breakouts, I would rather spend my money on something else that is more powerful at getting rid of my hideous spots. For those with dryer skin or do not suffer from the battle with acne, this product is recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I received this as a gift with purchase so can't really comment on the price. The fragrance is the same as for the rest of the Palmers face range. The texture is extremely creamy. My only problem is the particles - Finely milled my ass - they are large and fairly sharp. This reminds me of the old Aapri apricot scrub which could shred sensitive skin to shreds. I am surprised that Palmers are putting out such an old fashioned product in this day and age. Go for one of the St Ives scrubs instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Karis13

Been using this product for around 5 weeks and i honestly love it. Before I started using it my face was extremely dry and very spotty (due to an allergic reaction to a previous brand of skin care ild been using!) I use this 3 times a week and i defiantly can see a difference. I use this along with the entire skin are range by palmers and I've found my skin is in the best condition it's been in for the last few years. I have very dry, sensitive skin and this works wonders!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ALE515

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff has been amazing. I'm used to having to use a facial scrub twice a day everyday, but now I only use it once every morning. The beads are big, but they don't scratch or leave skin feeling irritated.

The only problem I foresee for people is the very strong fragrance this stuff has. I don't know why they need the added fragrance, but it lingers for a long time. I'm almost done with the tube and I'm still not used to the smell yet. I don't have a fragrance allergy, but if you do you might want to look into something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i hate to do this to a palmers product, because i love their range in general, but i can't give this scrub a thumbs up. for me, this stuff is in no way "gentle", and i found it really pretty rough against my skin. it just feels a bit too abrasive than what i'm normally looking for in an exfoliating formula.

i might be a little bit picky here; i've found that a lot of "gentle" scrubs are too harsh for me, so this may just be a taste thing. all i know is that my old beloved scrub is being discontinued and now all i see in my future is rubbing gravel all over my skin haha. the hunt continues.

ETA i'm slowing learning to love this product. i mix it with my cream cleanser and although the beads are larger than what i'm used to (which is what i think initially scared me) i think they're really effective - my skin is really nice and soft right now. the product is a little stiff when you squeeze it out of the tube but other than that, this works really well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by TrueBeauty15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made my face break out. I have acne-prone,uneven,and sensitive skin. My acne,before i used this was moderate. Then when i used this my forehead broke out really bad. When is stopped using it,the break outs wasnt so bad afterward. Another downside is that the beans are big and it was hard for me to wash it off. My mom paid about $7-$8 at walmart for it. I used Palmer's products before and they werent really bad. Honestly i think it was the White Lily that was messing with my skin.
Remeber:I may not have worked for me but that doesnt mean it wont work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by filthyhotmess

LOVE this scrub! I'm pretty impressed with all the Palmers face products i've tried so far. The tiny cocoa bean particle things exfoliate gently and leave my skin feeling so soft and smooth. My make-up just glides on after using it.
It makes me look more glowy and awake. Definitely a good one to use if your skin is looking dull and tired.
I've been using it for 2 weeks now and it hasn't broken me out at all. It also doesn't make my skin all dry and tight afterwards like a lot of scrubs do.
The only downside is what some of the other reviewers have mentioned. It is soooo hard to get out of the tube! I've found holding it under hot water for a little bit helps though. Mine also doesn't come out in a liquidy form, it's more of an almost solid worm shape (? lol). At least it stops it from going down the drain when i'm using both hands to squeeze it out.
But as that's the only con i'll definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff works! I have dry sensitive skin. Sometimes i do a good job washing my face before i go to bed. Sometimes i don't. On the days i don't wash my face, my skin pays for it. It's dirty, dry and in need of exfoliation. That's when this gem comes in. I use this stuff and i get clean, exfoliated skin. It doesn't leave my skin over dry or with red spots. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by merryhell

This is really great for sensitive skin. Brought out a couple of faint pimples the first time I used it, but after a few days I've noticed my skin is in better condition. Leaves that nice polished look without making the skin feel taut, and I find it seems to moisturise more than other scrubs I've used in the past. I found it for $7 in my local supermarket, so it's very cheap too. The only slightly irritating thing is getting it out of the bottle; as the other reviewer mentioned, it's incredibly thick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually a very good scrub - except for a couple of major flaws.
First, the good points - very gentle, not scratchy even though it has some larger pieces of what look like crushed cocoa nib in it. Very creamy, skin feels moisturized and velvety after use. Rinses off easily (I've only used it in the shower though, haven't tried splashing it off in a basin) and doesn't leave a gunky residue if it gets in your hairline. I do intend to buy this again because it is one of the better scrubs I've ever used but it does frustrate me for two reasons.
The smell - really, really strong. White lily fragrance it says on the tube, but mixed with cocoa butter it smells like flowery chocolate. Or chocolate flowers. Either way, it isn't good, it is really overpowering. I have 2 other Palmers facial products in this line, the Night Cream and Eye Cream and these say they are also scented with white lily but they don't pong half as bad as this! I'm struggling to decide if it is the smell itself or just the intensity of it but it reeks pretty bad. The other thing that annoys me is trying to get the stuff out of the damn tube! The first few times I used it, it had separated a bit (looked a bit oily) but a good shake later it is nice and firm and darn near impossible to squeeze out! The tube is quite wide and flat so it is difficult to squeeze easily or effectively and the nozzle is quite narrow, so it just kind of poots out slowly in a stiff line, instead of a nice creamy blob. The scrub itself doesn't really "stick" to wet skin until you mush it all up so trying to juggle the flip cap shut and the tube back into the shower caddy requires the use of one hand, or it might just slide off.
Excellent product and I would recommend it, if you are prepared to put up with two major issues. I am.