Hard Candy Eyeshadow Primer

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/28/2015 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Makes eyeshadow color really pop. Makes the eyshadow look more vibrant for a longer period of time, but it could last longer. It starts out greasy but turns into a silky feeling.

on 2/15/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It has a silicone texture, like a face primer, and with its subtle peachy-beige tint, kind of reminds me of BeneFit's Porefessional. However, this lid primer did nothing but cause my shadows to crease (or look crepey at the inner corners), and therefore, it's going back to the store for a refund!

on 2/11/2015 1:57:00 PM

I can't believe why HC dont sell this separately! It came with an eyeshadow palette bought from allcosmeticswarehouse.com for $0.99! I hated the UDPP and Smashbox Photofinish primer because it ends uo making my eyelids look dry and crepey. This one is ultra rich and moist. I have normal comb skin but when I use eyeshadow, my eyes seems to need a little more hydration perhaps. I also like that it is clear! So far I had no fallout or smudging. Pretty sad that they dont sell it separately...

on 2/10/2015 1:47:00 PM

This has a watery feel to it. I don't feel that it was effective. in fact, I think it made eyeshadow and eyeliner harder to apply.

on 12/26/2014 2:43:00 AM

This came with a palette. I really wanted to try it, as I am still on the hunt for a primer that will truly make my shadows stay fresh and not crease. This is not it. I was surprised at how little time passed before my shadow creased. I do have very oily lids, but that's the point, that's why I need primer. Still looking for one that works really well. So far, Wet 'n Wild Fergie primer is best, but I am hoping to someday find the perfect primer.

on 10/26/2014 9:14:00 AM

I love this. I'm on my second tube now. It's not as long wearing as the essence I love stage, but it really makes the eyeshadow pop and it makes them last for MOST of the day. You need to make it wait to dry. People say theirs came with palettes... I got mine for 1$ each at Walmart without a palette. It was in a sort of bowl with little mascaras, eyeliners and eyeshadows as well as face primers. Love these minis!

on 2/26/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Upside: Works better than Urban Decay in my opinion. Urban decay's are all colored, and this gel helped my eyeshadow not crease and stay on. Clear, and doesn't dry to a cake if you don't smear it immediately like Urban Decay's.

Semi-Downside: It seems like you can only buy this eyeshadow primer with "In The Shadows" eyeshadow pallette. So now I have like 10 extra palettes, becuase I use primer a lot faster than eyeshadow, which lasts years. But I would have paid the price for the palette and primer for the primer alone, so it's not a real downside.

I love this primer! It is white, has a gel-like consistency and dries clear. The very best thing about this product is how it makes the colours of the shadows so vibrant. There is minimal fallout and it is not drying- the opposite, really- to my already dry eyelids. It does crease after time when used by itself as an eye primer, but I've started using it under UDPP and my shadows stick like glue and look great all day long. I think this is definitely good for us dry-eyelid folks!

My biggest complaint is that they don't sell it by itself or in a full-size!

on 7/30/2013 1:18:00 PM

This primer is a no go!! It goes onto your lid like a clear liquid and doesn't really dry and is sticky in texture. Your eyeshadows don't apply evenly at all and stick like glue. I am not a fan at all. Ill stick to the primer I love best, NYX and ELF...

on 12/23/2012 11:02:00 PM

This eye primer is terrible. I have super oily lids, and this didn't work for me. I love UD and Elf eye primers, I will save my $$ and buy one of those two primers in the future.