April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Sunscreen - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Protect SPF 40+ Natural Daily Sun Protection

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I felt really good about using this moisturizer as it sinks into my skin easily and does not leave any greasy feeling afterwards. The smell is sickly sweet but it goes away quickly. However, I wore this (with a liberal application) one day in the sun, and I got really red! So I think the sun protection of SPF 40 might be very exaggerated. So, for me this will be a moisturizer to wear on indoor and overcast days, but not for when doing a lot in the sun.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Chicon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this sunscreen! I have lupus, so I must use sunscreen indoors & out. Plus, the combo of lupus + meds gives me crazy sensitive skin. This sunscreen works wonders. Really. Other sunscreens have made me burn WORSE (I'm looking at you, Neutrogena). This sunscreen soothes my skin, and even reduces how often my butterfly rash makes an appearance. It is light enough to apply under makeup, but the sun protection is heavy-duty enough to use on arms, chest - all your frequent sun-exposure areas.

This sunscreen won't leave a greasy film on your skin (again, I'm looking at you, Dry Touch). You'll never find sunscreen prints on your wood furniture with this. And for those who don't like the smell, don't worry- it dissipates fairly quickly. You won't be smelling it for long.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

WOW, best physical face sunscreen I've used. So smooth and creamy. Hope they don't ever stop making it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I have been using this product for over a week now, and I love it! I can't stand thick sunscreens, or sunscreens that make you look like you have a white/gray mask on... yet I was looking for a quality sunscreen that actually protected my skin and moisturized (without breaking my combo skin out) So far this sunscreen is perfect for all those things. This one applies smoothly, absorbs quickly, and no weird whiteness. You don't feel that you have it on, and I have not noticed being oily at all during the day. I personally love the scent, it smells like a light scent of blueberries to me. I wish it was cheaper, but I will definitely re-purchase because its worth it to me to invest in the skin on my face! I would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nbusenius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good product. Very light.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I bought Josie Maran's Argan Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Lotion (2 oz.) with the intent to compare it to L'Occitane's Brightening Shield SPF 40, which is about more than three times the price per ounce.

I was not expecting such a lightweight product, since I figured the argan oil would feel heavy on my face during the day. Actually, it is quite lightweight and does not feel greasy when applied.

My biggest complaint about this product is the bottle. I cannot get a product to come out without shooting out. It gets everywhere and can be very messy.

Another thing that I do not like about the product is its sickeningly sweet smell. It smells like candy to me, which normally I do not mind, but for some reason this product's scent really bothers me. This is perhaps because the L'Occitane scent is more subtle and natural.

This moisturizer is a little bit greasier than L'Occitane's, but I do not think that affects the overall quality of the product.

Compared to L'Occitane's Brightening Shield, however, this product offers more complete protection with 9.5% titanium dioxide and 6% zinc oxide. This coupled with the more affordable price ($32 for 2 oz. vs. $58 for 1 oz.) make it a much more affordable alternative.

Update: Upon further review, I find this product just a bit too greasy when used in conjunction with makeup. For this I am removing one star.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love...my search for a face sunscreen is officially over. This is worth every penny!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product but this just doesn't work for me. It's not terrible, but it's also not everything I was hoping it to be. I can see myself maybe using this as a moisturizer when not wearing makeup but I'll stick to something lighter when I'm wearing makeup. There is a strong medicinal smell which may bother some people but I don't mind it and it doesn't seem to linger. If you're on the fence about trying this, try the small bottle first.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by freshtalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alright here this goes,

I LOVE THIS MOISTURIZER/SUNBLOCK. I use it as my moisturizer because I have combination skin. I don't usually write reviews (only on products that are HG or a huge miss) AND THIS IS A HG for me. The reason I give it a 4 is because I have to wait for it to sink into my skin for a while before I can put my makeup on, but I think that is only normal. Let's start with my skin type. I have reallyyyyyy sensitive skin due to my course of accutane 3 years ago. (yes still and probably for forever) I really wish I hadn't taken it because if I know what I know now about skin care, I would be better off taking care of my own skin naturally. But that is besides the point, this moisturizer saved my life! and best of all NO BREAKOUTS!! I first heard about this on Lauren Conrad's blog. She said she uses this every morning before her makeup because of the protection and argan oil.. Now I have tried sooooo many moisterizers from Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance to Clinique with only clogged pores, or flaky dry skin. I use two drops of jojoba oil to moisturize at night and sometimes olive oil (which I also use EVOO to take my makeup off) and I always wake up with glowing skin. But every time I wash my face and put on a non-organic moisturizer my sensitive skin hates it and reacts. So I recently started to play with argan oil and my skin also loved it so I gave this moisturizer with argan oil, jojoba, and apricot oil. We are basically trained to think oil is bad for our skin, but that is certain types of oil. Mainly in chemical products. 100% organic oils will not clog pores!! Trust me, my skin is probably teh most acne-prone skin in the world. I can just look at something and get a breakout lol. But my skin has finallyyyy calmed down and with this moisterizer (because of the argan oil) people always tell me that i'm glowing! haha. It's pretty awesome. I can say so much about the important oils in this product but that's a separate review. When you first pump out the product, it is a milky white texture with a strong fruity smell. But do not be alarmed, I was afraid too, but it is just the apricot oil. No breakouts. When you put it on it will feel a bit oily, but you HAVE TO LET IT SIT for about 5 min before you put your makeup on. This calms my skin so much. I followup with my tarte tinted moisturizer (MY HG FOR LIFE AS WELL) and the rest of my makeup for the day. I don't know what i'd do if they discontinued this product because I also love the spf 40. But I will probably learn to make my own because I know my skin loves zinc oxide and the natural oils. I hope I am making sense and not just rambling on haha. And if you read this far, Thank you lol. Trust me, you will love this product to all you sensitive , combination, acne-prone people. But you have to still take care of your skin (naturally) of course with clay masks and exfoliation to avoid clogged pores from the sunscreen. But I reassure you that natural oils are good for your skin! Don't be afraid. Give this a try if you think you have skin like mine :) Especially you accutane sufferers!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

great sunblock for everyday, easy to glide on, it is not too oily or greasy, high spf, good packaging , paraben free, natural sunscreen, although not an organic product, it is still pretty good. i wish it was unscented, it still smell of sunscreen which is not the best.