November 26, 2014 | 1005 users online

Sunscreen - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Protect SPF 40+ Natural Daily Sun Protection [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This is a pretty good sunscreen. The first time I used it, I used too much and it made my face pretty greasy. It's still a little shiny even when I use just a little but then I have pretty shiny skin in general. It's not too thick, absorbs easily, calms my sensitive skin and smells natural. It doesn't leave a white sheen even on my dark skin and it doesnt smell like most sunscreens. The bottle is handy too. I got it in the travel pack so it was good value.

If it was more matte, it would be my HG sunscreen but it's good enough. Considering there are so few sunscreens that work on my skin, I will keep using.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by candied

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with natural broad spectrum SPF 47 and SunBoost ATB.

I have sensitive skin prone to rashes when exposed to irritants, so I'm always on the lookout for physical sunscreens that won't irritate my skin. I tried this on a whim (straying from my HG eltaMD uv clear spf 46) and was attracted because 1) widely available at sephora and subject to its coupons/promotions, 2) cruelty free, and 3) organic ingredients. This product is fragranced (a very light, slightly fruity scent that quickly dissipates) however, true to their claim, it didn't irritate my fussy skin. I tried this ss for several days under my makeup and my skin didn't react (yay!) but, i found that overall it was just a bit too greasy/sticky feeling and made my face feel slightly oily. It did feel moisturizing, but on my normal-verging-on-slightly-dry skin, this ss left my skin feeling coated and slightly tacky to the touch. If I wasn't so used to the lightweight non-sticky texture of my eltaMD uv clear, it might have been tolerable... but this trial sent me running back to my eltaMD. I know that some have found this ss to be less sticky by applying less, but in my mind that seems to defeat the purpose of ss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I very much enjoy the revised formula, and I will continue to re-purchase if it remains the same.

I think there's a trick to making sure you don't use so much that it becomes sticky and doesn't work with makeup. I simply put one pump into my dry hands, slightly warm it up between them both and then gently but firmly press it all over my facial skin.

Then I repeat, but press my hands on my neck and decolletage.

This ensures that every area is covered evenly and that I don't get too much in one particular place on my face/neck.

Unlike other natural sunscreens that I've tried, this one is not thick and sticky and does not leave any cast.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I felt really good about using this moisturizer as it sinks into my skin easily and does not leave any greasy feeling afterwards. The smell is sickly sweet but it goes away quickly. However, I wore this (with a liberal application) one day in the sun, and I got really red! So I think the sun protection of SPF 40 might be very exaggerated. So, for me this will be a moisturizer to wear on indoor and overcast days, but not for when doing a lot in the sun.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Chicon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this sunscreen! I have lupus, so I must use sunscreen indoors & out. Plus, the combo of lupus + meds gives me crazy sensitive skin. This sunscreen works wonders. Really. Other sunscreens have made me burn WORSE (I'm looking at you, Neutrogena). This sunscreen soothes my skin, and even reduces how often my butterfly rash makes an appearance. It is light enough to apply under makeup, but the sun protection is heavy-duty enough to use on arms, chest - all your frequent sun-exposure areas.

This sunscreen won't leave a greasy film on your skin (again, I'm looking at you, Dry Touch). You'll never find sunscreen prints on your wood furniture with this. And for those who don't like the smell, don't worry- it dissipates fairly quickly. You won't be smelling it for long.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

WOW, best physical face sunscreen I've used. So smooth and creamy. Hope they don't ever stop making it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for over a week now, and I love it! I can't stand thick sunscreens, or sunscreens that make you look like you have a white/gray mask on... yet I was looking for a quality sunscreen that actually protected my skin and moisturized (without breaking my combo skin out) So far this sunscreen is perfect for all those things. This one applies smoothly, absorbs quickly, and no weird whiteness. You don't feel that you have it on, and I have not noticed being oily at all during the day. I personally love the scent, it smells like a light scent of blueberries to me. I wish it was cheaper, but I will definitely re-purchase because its worth it to me to invest in the skin on my face! I would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nbusenius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good product. Very light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I bought Josie Maran's Argan Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Lotion (2 oz.) with the intent to compare it to L'Occitane's Brightening Shield SPF 40, which is about more than three times the price per ounce.

I was not expecting such a lightweight product, since I figured the argan oil would feel heavy on my face during the day. Actually, it is quite lightweight and does not feel greasy when applied.

My biggest complaint about this product is the bottle. I cannot get a product to come out without shooting out. It gets everywhere and can be very messy.

Another thing that I do not like about the product is its sickeningly sweet smell. It smells like candy to me, which normally I do not mind, but for some reason this product's scent really bothers me. This is perhaps because the L'Occitane scent is more subtle and natural.

This moisturizer is a little bit greasier than L'Occitane's, but I do not think that affects the overall quality of the product.

Compared to L'Occitane's Brightening Shield, however, this product offers more complete protection with 9.5% titanium dioxide and 6% zinc oxide. This coupled with the more affordable price ($32 for 2 oz. vs. $58 for 1 oz.) make it a much more affordable alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love...my search for a face sunscreen is officially over. This is worth every penny!