Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa - Shea Cashmere and Silk Hand Cream

4.1

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Isododecane, Fragrance, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetaryl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Aloe Leaf Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wool, ...

on 6/12/2015 1:36:00 AM

With bath and body some of their lotions smell better in the tube but this one I love,it smells good on and I use it on my arms too if their dry. This scent is one of my favorites as well as the vanilla brown sugar. Most of the True blue spa products I've tried are great and this is no exception. It makes skin soft and smells so good.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For someone who paints her nails constantly, uses her hands constantly, and in general is always worried about her nails, I am awful at using hand cream. Luckily this stuff smells so nice that I actually want to use it! I'm biased because of the scent, but it also works really well at keeping my hands soft and my cuticles healthier. The scent is very much like B&BW (discontinued) body souffle in Almond and Honey, but slightly less pungent. I like that this is a heavier hand cream without making my hands slippery, and that it doubles as cuticle cream on days I'm in a hurry. Plus, with all the B&BW coupons and deals it's generally easy to get a good price on this, or even a mini one for free. I've given several of these and the mini foot cream as small gifts and they are always well received.

Pros: Yummy smell, keeps my hand soft, and helps soften my callouses from working out. The mini bottle is perfect for purses or anywhere you need a reminder to use it. Absorbs quickly with no greasy feel.

Cons: The full size sans coupon is too expensive, some may find the smell offensive or too strong for a hand cream (it still works as a foot cream then, too!). Not as moisturizing as some other Shea butter products.

on 10/29/2014 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I get tons of compliments when I wear it, it smells so good! It makes my hands feel silky smooth without it being greasy. Go try it for yourself in the store!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Much to my surprise, I love this product. I had been skipping sceneted lotions all together when I recieved this in my Christmas stocking and sticking with my Aveeno. However, good ole Aveeno ran out and in this Polar Vortex I needed a quick fix for my chapped hands. For me this did the trick, perhaps to some the vanilla smell is obnoxious but to me it brings pleasure. I enjoy the brief aroma of cupcakes. I find that the lotion soaks in well, and using it 4-5 times a day I see a difference. Obviously, you get less for what you pay compared to their standard collection but this formula is better, way better. I will repurchase when I run out (with a coupon!!)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I loathe fake sweet smells (vanilla, cupcake, sugar cookie, birthday cake). I prefer natural, earthy scents like patchouli, clove, sandlewood, and sage. However, I actually like this hand cream. This fragrance isn't as nauseating as the beige-packaged sister cream "Shea Cashmere.".
This line has little long term moisturizing effects that I can see, and I've been using this for years. I use it because I like the smooth, silky feeling I get within moments of rubbing it in. It absorbs very quickly with no residual.

on 6/23/2012 11:30:00 PM

It smells a lot like the Breathe Comfort tanning lotion Bath and Body Works used to sell, which i'm not too thrilled about. However, the feel is wonderful and very luxurious, it only last about half an hour and then you need to reply. my hands feel chalky after the soft feeling goes away, which doesn't happen with any other lotion and my hands are naturally pretty soft. i'm not entirely sure i'd buy it again because it's 10 dollars for a small bottle.

on 1/23/2012 8:42:00 PM

My packing is beige, so not sure if it is a bit different. But i love this hand cream. I love the smell, although is may be strong for some. Didn't give it 5 because it is not as moisturizing as other hand creams I have.

on 10/8/2010 12:13:00 PM

$10 for 2.5 oz, on sale for $6.

Texture is like the discontinued Purely Silk line except this is improved and doesn't ball up like the previous formula. Absolutely non-greasy, sinks in quickly, has more of a protective quality rather than a moisturizing one. I love this for the luxurious feel and bought it for the texture despite the cloying scent.

It smells something like almonds and vanilla. Not juvenile as lots of vanillas can be, but it's sort of a suffocating, lingering, heavy smell. When I eat after I've applied this lotion, the smell of it on my hands is strong enough to interfere with the smell of my food and I feel like I'm eating this lotion.

I ADORE this for the texture, it's average for moisturizing, and I sort of can't stand the scent.