October 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Strawberry Tinted Lipcare SPF 4

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I always catch my boyfriend using this, and I have to laugh at him every time, because this is a balm that definitely delivers a hint of color. Think lip smackers dr. Pepper, but a bit redder--and on my nw20 skintone, much more flattering. A hint, mind you, still...the mental image alone of my SO using it is enough to make me giggle.

Keep this one for your back pockets, ladies...if your man uses it, it's totally obvious!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by VanellopeVonSplenda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I totally love this lip balm! I'm a little crazy for tinted lip balms and have quite a few, and out of my collection this is one of my favorites. This is a great all around balm in tint, moisturizing effect, SPF protection, and flavor. The color is sheer that you can build up and it has a little bit of shimmer in it as well. In comparison to Maybelline's Baby Lips in cherry, the color is not as dark and opaque. My favorite part about this balm is the flavor! It smells and tastes like strawberry Mentos. I just love this balm and will absolutely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. It is super moisturizing and gives a sheer tint of red. When I want to do a treatment, I use a homemade coconut oil and granulated sugar mixture to exfoliate and then follow with this product. Heals my lips and makes them look kissable! I like the strawberry is good but I prefer the Cherry.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by M1RACLE

I got this for a dollar at Walmart recently. I love the smell of it! It's smells like real strawberries. I agree with the previous comments in that it is a touch oily but it still provides some moisturization. I just really like the tint on my lips because it brightens up my face. For a buck there's really not much to complain about and I keep this with me in my bag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

In comparison to the Nivea Cherry Lipbalm, this one worked out much better for me. The color is still quite bright for a lipbalm, but the berry tint is a bit easier for me to pull off, and the color doesn't wear off and leave a ring around the edge of my lips. The application is also much smoother (the balm feels very slippery and oily, not waxy at all). As for hydration, it does seem to moisturize my lips for about 3 hours before the effect wears off, which isn't bad. I wouldn't call the strawberry scent realistic, but it is quite nice, just more in a "candyish" sort of way. It's not love for me, but it is a marked improvement over the Cherry version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this after falling in love with the classic Nivea lip balm in the dark blue tube. This one is ok, but I like the classic one much better. There's something about the scent of the strawberry that's not quite right to me. I think it might be the sunscreen in it that's affecting the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by 057Yasminh

I purchased this hoping it would give me a small boost in color for when I go for a natural look and add a layer of clear lip gloss to go with it. It did the right thing. It's Hydrating, coloring, and protecting my lips really well so I hope to purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a decent lip balm, not my fave but decent enough to moisturize my lips and giving it a hint of color. First off, in terms of formulation, i prefer a lip balm that has a creamy formulation with a hint of color. This doesnt have the formulation that I like. It's moisturizing yes, but not in a creamy-moisturizing way more like oily-moisturizing way.This is not waxy at all. In short,this feels like a lighter version of tinted vaseline on my lips. The wear is okay, lasted about 2 hours without food or drink intake, and gives off a slight hint of redness on your lips. Has a good spf 4. The price is really cheap. So, if you're just looking for a lip balm that will hydrate your lips and arent too picky with the formulation like me. Give this a try. Pretty darn good.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Bexicanna

To moisturize my lips, I have always used lipglosses but then I wanted to try something a little more 'natural' with a hint of color. So when I was at Walgreens, I saw Nivea's Tinted Strawberry lip balm with SPF and got it. The first thing I did when I opened the packaging was smell the lip balm. And I absolutely loved it! It reminded me of spring (for some reason). When I applied it on my lips, I loved the smooth consistency. It had a little shimmer (which didn't bother me), and the color it gave on my lips was amazing and flattering. <--Very pigmented. Although, because I am so used to having a lip product on my lips all the time, if I don't apply a gloss, balm, etc. my lips will become dry (literally like every 10 minutes I have to apply again). So when I applied this on, it wasn't the most moisturizing. Also, if I didn't use a lip scrub on my lips, this product would accentuate some of my dry patches. Plus, the bottom of the packaging fell off so I gave a 3/5 for that. Kinda dissappointing. I am very picky with what lip products I use and haven't found my dream lipgloss/balm yet but overall this lip product did an okay job.Of course, this is just my opinion, but it might work for you, and hey, what've you got to lose? It maybe your favorite lip product. But yes, I might repurchase again if I feel like I should give this another chance. Just a few tweaks here and there with the formula, and it just might have a shot at being my all time favorite lip product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by fofocool

I prefer the classic one better.. this one, even though it looks beautiful on the lips, it doesn't moisturize my lips that well!