October 1, 2014 | 1314 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Badger - Everyday Body Moisturizer - Creamy Cocoa

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by username2468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My cuticles and elbows are always dry. I've tried everything from foot cream for lip balm on them, and nothing seemed to work. I got the Nutmeg-Shea moisturizer for Christmas, and, after about five uses, my cuticles and elbows are softer than they've been in years.

The smell is pure nutmeg, which I like, since a lot of "nutmeg" scented things smell more like artificial gingerbread. It has a soft, Shea-like consistency, and it comes in an adorable tin with a painting of a badger on it..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I became pregnant, I quickly discovered that my stretching belly needed to be moisturized twice daily to keep it comfortable. I'd heard that cocoa butter was supposed to reduce the likelihood of developing stretch marks, and although I'm not convinced that any topically applied product can really do that, I figured that while I was searching for a good moisturizer for my belly, I might as well try to find one with cocoa butter. However, to make the search more complicated, I have sensitive skin that reacts both to many fragrances as well as to shea butter, which is often found with cocoa butter in rich body moisturizers.

Finally, I came across Badger Everyday Body Moisturizer in Creamy Cocoa. It seemed to be exactly what I was looking for, so I ordered it. When it arrived, however, I discovered that the name "moisturizer" was misleading; it's really a balm with a greasy, sticky, slightly waxy texture. My husband complained about it repeatedly when he touched my belly. But I'd bought it, so I used it faithfully, hoping the cocoa butter would live up to its claims. Alas, although it worked well at keeping my belly comfortable, I still developed stretch marks in the third trimester. If I were doing it over again, I'd just use my regular Earth Science body moisturizer.

However, if you like body balms, this is a nice one with a pleasant, natural cocoa scent that comes in a cute tin. But I won't repurchase.

Ingredients: *Fair Trade Certified Cocoa Butter, *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Beeswax, *Coconut Oil, *Castor Oil, *Jojoba Oil, CO2 Extracts of *Rosemary, *Seabuckthorn Berry, *Rosehip, *Calendula. *=Certified Organic continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No