Freeman Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (Lemon), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract (Peppermint), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Montmorillionite, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 7/30/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm quite new to masks so I have nothing to compare this product to, but it's been doing amazing things to my skin so far. I have pretty oily/acne-prone skin and an allergy to certain dyes/perfumes (I assume, but I've never actually tested), so I'm always hesitant to try new products. I bought this mask because it was cheap at Wal-Mart, but the results have been phenomenal.

I usually use it two times a week, or whenever my skin feels extra oily. I just put a thin layer on at night, let it dry (usually for 5-10 minutes depending on how much time I have), and then wipe it off. I've been using this product for about a month now and every time I use it, my skin feels tingly and tight (in a good, clean sort of way).

PROS:
-You get a lot for what you pay for (about $4 CND). I bought my bottle last month and I'm still not finished it despite the fact that I use it multiple times a week
-Good colour and smell (I love mint and lemon)
-Nice, spreadable consistency
-Makes skin feel soft and tight after immediate use
-My zits are less red the next day
-Definitely dries out my oily areas
-Dries relatively quickly depending on how much you apply (you don't need that much, but I usually put more around my nose and forehead because that's where it's the oiliest)

CONS:
-It's a clay mask, so you need to wipe it off with a damp paper towel and throw it in the garbage. If you continue to wash it off in the sink, it will block your pipes (this will occur over time; it's knowledge gained from being a former art student)
-Sometimes you have to scrub your face with a damp washcloth to get all of the extra bits (around your eyes and nose) off--or else it will clog your pores--and that can irritate the skin and make it look redder

on 7/16/2015 4:29:00 AM

This mask really makes your skin feel fresh and smooth. It felt really cool on my face, which was really nice, and I liked the smell of it. I wouldn't say it had any lasting effects, or that it hugely improved my skin, really, but it lasted me a long time, and was super cheap, and felt nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my go- to clay mask! It lessens breakouts, controls oils, and makes my skin smooth!
The consistency is a little drier than the Dead Sea Minerals and Avocado masks, which is fine, but it dries faster so I can't really get comfy when I wear this, but whatever, it's not a deal breaker.

The deal breaker for some people would be the stinging you could get in your eyes. That's the only problem I have with this mask. I read the ingredients after and realized first of all, that there was mint (duh) but also menthol, which can be an eye irritant and skin irritant. It might not break you out (for sensitive skin, it might), but it can make your skin a little itchy if you leave it on for too long.

Otherwise this is a good clay mask and I would recommend for oily, acne- prone skin, but proceed with caution.

on 6/30/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

To be honest, after years of trying face mask after face mask that did pretty much nothing for my oily and very sensitive skin, this one came to save the day.
Just need a little bit to cover my entire face, i love the feeling of the product hardening on my skin and when I wash it off, I can feel my face cleaner, my pores unclogged and my skin smoother. I use it once a week to keep breakout under control. It definitely helps!

on 6/8/2015 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

God sent product. Clears up not only your acne but acne scars because of the lemon! Hope it never get discontinued!

on 4/28/2015 3:03:00 AM

oh, this is really good product! at first you feel cold in your skin. but it feel comfortable. when I wash mask my skin soft.

on 4/10/2015 3:27:00 PM

just an over all really great mask! takes out the oils in my pores and plus i notice that if I have some acne it does help calm it
however every time i apply it, the lemon scent is so overpowering it stings my eyes...cry everytime i use it unless i close my eyes until the scent fades

on 4/6/2015 12:29:00 PM

Pros:
- feels cooling and refreshing on the face
- not a very thick consistency

Cons:
- does not really help with my acne? sort of feels useless

Overall, average product. Anyone who's looking for an affordable mask for acne should definitely check out the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask! Will probably check out the Freeman Charcoal Mask next instead

on 3/1/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Ordered this Freeman Lemon Mint mask from well.ca since I could not find it anywhere freeman masks are sold in my area.. Mask is a nice smooth constituency and feels nice and fresh on my face. Not a fan on the smell though..Sad to say I am not seeing big improvements from this mask after these first 3 uses. Maybe its because I've been blown away by the Freeman Charcoal and Brown Sugar mask which has left my skin in beautiful (this is how healthy skin is suppose to look like) condition. Not about to toss this lemon one though until its got a fair run...my teenage daughter is trying this as well..no rave reviews from her either ..

on 2/8/2015 11:48:00 AM

I give this product a 4 simply because the first few times using it my face had turned red, I didn't have a reaction to it so I used it a couple more times and after about the third my face stopped turning red. This product is amazing, not only for the smell of it but I find after using it weekly for a month that my face feels nicer, it dries up the oily parts on my skin and I just put a little moisturizer when needed on my dry parts, which was rarely (damn combination skin!). The price is amazing and the packaging is perfect because it's resealable. Go get yours!

Popular Masks