July 28, 2014 | 1378 users online

Sunscreen - Kanebo - Kanebo Allie Precious Barrier Sunscreen Water Touch SPF50+

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Actually, I think this is a 3.5 for me. And maybe I'd buy it again...if I hadn't found anything better!
The sunscreen is very effective- no burning, no extra colour. It has a good finish on me- it makes my skin look slightly paler and glowy, although that diminishes after a while. It also fills in some of my deeper open pores! Makeup goes on well after I've applied it. I've used it in winter and summer, and it coped OK with both seasons. It did not irritate my eyes (unlike Anessa Perfect Essence).
However, I find the feel a bit thick and silicon-y and it can make me break out. I am not sure whether that's because of the sunscreen itself, or whether it's because I didn't realise, initially, how thorough I had to be with cleansing when I wore this sunscreen. This stuff is not coming off without a struggle!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Decadence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY SKIN: combo/dry (winter); combo/oily t-zone (summer); prone to clogged pores and surface dehydration

TEXTURE: liquidy, light, milky fluid, almost watery, thinner than Shiseido USP Lotions SPF 55 and 60, LRP Anthelios XL SPF 50, and Sofina Lucent

EFFECT: dries quickly due to high alcohol content; makes my skin flake (both hands and face) even if I put on a moisturizing toner and a moisturizer underneath; matte, smooth, primer-like finish; does not dry with a white-cast on me, but this probably depends on one's skin-tone...; will still dry to matte finish over heavier moisturizers, but does take a little longer to dry

WEARABILITY: this dried the heck out of my skin! (you can smell the alcohol content much more compared to Sofina's sunscreen); by the end of the day I'd have small flakes around my nose and mouth; lasts during 1hr+ sweaty workouts; foundation did apply smoothly over this (as opposed to Shiseido USP Creme SPF 55 and Bioderma sunscreens), but makeup still looked better when applied over Sofina Lucent sunscreen (both are comparable but I prefer the smoother look I could achieve with the Sofina sunscreen)

CONCLUSION: if you have really oily skin or live in a humid environment, this will probably work great since it'll act as a sun barrier as well as a primer; for those with sensitive or dry skin, skin barrier or surface dehydration issues, this is definitely not the product for you.