October 20, 2014 | 1945 users online

Treatments (Face) - Oxy - Clinical--Acne Solutions Pack

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by bpavlakis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

trust me the dry skin goes away! when i first received this product my face would get so dry and tight it was horrible. but the acne went away so i kept using it and now it doesnt bother me anymore. slather on the hydrating treatment at frist, then use less and less until normal amount. trust me this stuff works! Happy cleaning

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by rocketqueen1141

The advanced face wash and the clearing treatment are both great. The hydrating therapy smells like mildew though. It works great at controlling oil but I just can't walk around smelling like I have mildew on my face. I had to wash it off halfway through my day because I couldn't handle it any longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by amberjo1986

I have used every name brand over the counter acne systems under the sun, Neutrogena, Aveeno, Proactiv, Clean and Clear, University-Medical, you name it. I picked this up because it was only $10 for the whole system, and I didn't have high hopes for it. It's been over a week and I have only had one pimple. My skin is a little dry, but it has overall been consistently clear, the first time in over ten years. Every system I've used usually made my skin too irritated and unbearable to use, but for acne medicine the Oxy clinical system is really gentle. I use all three products twice a day. For those of you that have had bad experiences with this product, I feel your pain because I've been in your shoes before. All I can say is be patient and keep experimenting until you find what works for your skin, everbody's skin reacts differently to different products.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by cherrykist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this "kit" as a sample. I should have read the reviews first. The first two days I used the face wash and the hydrating treatment. The face wash was nice. The treatment was heavily scented!!! I mean it was like a citrus smell, made me think of Jean Nate'. It did keep the oiliness at bay. By day three I had a pimple or two pop up and I spot treated using the acne treatment.I used it day 1 and day 2 skipped day 3. I woke up day four...my face was swollen and my skin felt sooo tight and sore. My cheeks were splotchy. I feel like I am feeling the effects of a bad sunburn days later. Tight, dry, very sensitive...I just want to douse my skin in moisturizer. Nothing is taking the tight feeling away... PLEASE do not use this product! Thank goodness it was just a sample and I didn't spend any $$ on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by DumbB1onde

I bought the BP Clearing Treatment separately, so I can't review the wash or the lotion, however, I love the clearing treatment.

I'm surprised so many people had problems. My skin does always thrive on benzoyl peroxide so I didn't expect any problems and I didn't get any. I use this as an all over face cream, morning and night, for over a month (not around the eyes, obviously). If there were going to be a reaction, I think it would have happened by now, so some skin types clearly tolerate the product well. My skin isn't even dry. I don't exactly have acne, but I get occasional hormonal breakouts and reactions to new products. Since beginning to use this product, I haven't had a single problem except on days I forget to wear it, which are rare.

There are some gritty bits in the treatment which make it a little bit annoying to apply, and it does smell like bleach. The grit problem is common with benzoyl peroxide creams in my experience so I don't really hold it against the product, though this is one thing that could be improved. I couldn't care less about the scent as fancy fragrances irritate my skin and the chemical smell is a very clean smell that dissipates on application.

The packing is a nice sanitary plastic squeeze tube. It looks a bit masculine in red and grey, which is annoying, but whatever. The rest of my counter looks girly enough. The bottle is smallish at 1.25 oz, but will last at least a month applied twice a day since it takes a very small amount to cover the face, less than a pea. It spreads nicely and contains skin conditioning ingredients that should somewhat counteract the drying effects of benzoyl peroxide even on sensitive skin. Mine, at least, hasn't gotten at all flaky and maintains a very nice texture on this. I plan to repurchase tomorrow.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by MlizK

The wash is nothing special and smells strong. The hydrating lotion is my favorite! It does hydrate, but is very light and doesn't dry my face. The acne treatment? Disappointing. Works better than most cheap products, but from Oxy, I was expecting better results. Their original is miles better. I'll buy the lotion, but no thanks to the others.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by boise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would give it a -100 if I could. I recieved a free trial pack from OXY. Now the first day it all seemed fine, but mother! The second day I woke up with an itchy, red, bumpy rash and my face was swollen! I went to buy some Benedryl, and praying and hoping for this whole thing to go away.
I then did some research on the internet and found that many people experienced the same type of problem that I did.
I advice everyone to do a 48 hour patch test, especially those with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by wylie1204

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really suprised about the negative feedback as well. I used Proactiv for a while, but it started to lose it's effectiveness for some reason. I read that it's better to battle acne with a combination of salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. The wash is really nice, smells good and leaves my skin super clean. The clarifying treatment is slightly on the strong side, so I limit my usage to every other day or spot treatments only. It has helped my cystic acne on my chin which is almost impossible without antibiotics. It's not an overnight miracle, but I did notice smooth skin in the morning with a lot less redness. I have a few small flakes on my nose and chin but I'd rather deal with that than a big painful cyst! The hydrating treatment is so lightweight and feels like silk on your skin. The ingredients are pretty cutting edge too. A great price for a product that will work. However, if you are sensitive to BP, I'd stay away from this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by kaitfitzpatrick

I have only been using this product for a day and a half and I can already see an improvement in my skin. I have extremely sensitive skin and I've been using Daniel Kerns Acne.org treatment system for around a year now, and my skin had become somehow super sensitive to the products and I had to find something new... So I picked this up. It seems promising!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by drpepper234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Warning do not buy this crap. I swear to you this stuff it bad news. If not for the bad smell from each product from the drying you out. I got the samples of this stuff and my face looks and feels like a snake shedding. This stuff made my face feel like it was on fire when I was using it. Avoid this stuff its bad news.