AG Hair Cosmetics Xtramoist Moisturizing Shampoo

on 2/10/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this has to be one of the most moisturizing shampoos I have tried so far. It smells so freaking good too, like creamsicles. I love this stuff and its not harsh nor does it pull my color.

My scalp has also been much happier since I started using this in the dead of winter. Gret shampoo and worth the money imo. I have long, thick, wavy hair that is pretty picky and unruly.

on 6/14/2014 12:39:00 AM

Where is that moisture? I don`t know. Truly, this is not enough moisture for my dry hair. The smell is like candy heaven, and the color is a pretty pink color, but about the moisture part, it is a no-no. I am kinda realizing now that on my hair nothing works better than Pureology (hydra line) or Aveda (new dry remedy sh). I think those are the best...

on 7/24/2013 6:48:00 PM

This sounded exactly like what I needed- a super moisturizing shampoo! It smells heavenly (hence the two lippies).
I have fine, but lots of it, hair that goes past my shoulders and the part starting around my jaw is SO dry that I need a S+C that is super moisturizing and heavy. Sadly, this weighed my hair down like no other shampoo or conditioner ever has. I returned it and bought the Fast Food sulfate free shampoo and pair that up with the ultramoist conditioner and it works way better!

on 10/12/2011 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My favorite shampoo was discontinued recently and I bought Xtramoist after someone raved about it on a forum for folks with curly hair. This shampoo cleaned my hair really well, left it very soft and shiny and did a nice job on my curls, but I had a ridiculous amount of breakage a few days after I started using it. Something as simple as running my hand through my hair would cause the ends of my hair to break off. My fine hair is prone to split ends, so I switched to another shampoo out of fear that my hair would become a frizzy mess. As soon as I stopped using Xtramoist, the breakage stopped. This might be okay for someone with thick hair, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with fine hair.

on 8/17/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this along with fastfood leave-in conditioner. Frankly I'm not sure whether this product is any better or worse than other moisturizing shampoos; it doesn't leave my hair feeling particularly moisturized, but it seems to work well with the conditioner so I'm giving it a 4. I am not a fan of the smell, I find it a bit sickly, but it dissipates quickly.

on 9/24/2010 10:34:00 PM

This is my HG moisturizing shampoo, it adds the perfect amount of moisture without weighing down my fine, highlighted hair. I alternate it with a protein and clarifying shampoo as well, but it always delivers a good hair day! I've also started trying out some new moisturizing shampoos to see if I'm missing out on anything better, but so far this is one of the best.