Burt's Bees Garden Complextion - Carrot Soap Bar [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/24/2010 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For years I have had major issues with very dry skin on my legs and shaving. No matter what I used, I broke out in very, VERY BAD razor burn. It almost looked and felt like hives. It got to the point where I would go months without shaving. My legs itched so badly. I would claw at them and not notice, to where my legs were -raw- and it hurt to wear clothing. It was torture! I bought expensive razors, every shaving product you could think of, and nothing helped. I bought this just to try it to replace another bar of soap I had depleted. I originally wanted the Tomato version, but it has Carmine in it. I was in the shower in a hurry, and used it to shave really quick because I had nothing else. [Oh, Swimming Season!] I immediately noticed how nice it was. I have not had a really bad razor burn breakout with this since I started using it!!! THAT IS HUGE! I'm on my third bar now and I have no bad words. My second bar did get stuck to my bathtub. That is easily fixed with a soap tray.
This is also great as a face and body wash. It's very effective in getting my makeup off at night. It's so moisturizing and it smells great. It smells like a fresh, spicy, herb-aly carrot. When I open a new one, I just want to eat it. I'm really glad that this is a local company for me too. [I live in Durham, NC] I don't know how available Burt's Bees is to everyone else, but it's been pretty easy for us to find, no matter where we're at! Huge plus!

Edit: Nubian Heritage bar soaps have my heart.