April 16, 2014 | 973 users online

Toners - Garnier - Pure Active Purifying Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by OhKitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this toner while I was in the process of rehabilitating my skin, had minor breakouts.

Overall this toner has done good to me. It works well in drying up my acne as I really believe in salicylic acid as an acne treatment. I have sensitive skin but it did not react to this toner although it feels a little harsh - strong smell (not a problem to me), painful stinging (for the first few seconds), and can be a teeny bit drying.

My acne overall dried up and subsided fast and it helped somewhat in oil control. I only use it once a day and pour a little amount on a cotton pad. For non-problem areas, a quick wipe will do because I fear it'll irritate my skin (bad experience with sudden skin rashes).

I do not like how the product is dispensed because I always spill more than I need, or maybe I'm just a klutz. And the cap is terribly hard to open, always a struggle. So 3 lippies for packaging.

Since my face is almost clear of active acne (save for one), I use this toner on my back for the occasional acne. It works wonders for acne skin. This product doesn't do anything for scars though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by hlillico

This toner reminds me of a bathroom cleaning product. It smelled awful, burned my skin extremely bad (I do not have very sensitive skin), and did not clear up acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by poochisuu

Despite reading a lot of negative feedbacks about this product, I still gave this product a try after having a massive pimple breakout. Thankfully, I tried this product!

At first, I used this product with vigilance to cautions mentioned in different reviews - it stings so avoid using it near the eye area and only use it on the problem areas. After few days, I saw the changes. My pimples (and acne) were solved. There was a significant reduction on my pimples.

After having my pimples reduced, I tried applying the toner on my whole face. For weeks, I didn't notice many pimple growing in my face. (My skin is oily, acne prone so i always had pimples popping in random places of my face).

It's been few weeks and I haven't been experiencing outbreaks.

However, this product still has its cons:
It stings, especially on the parts where the pimple grew.
Its smell is not really pleasing. It smells like a medicine.
I finished my first bottle in just three weeks (I wished It had a bigger package)

Lastly, this is for oily, acne-prone skin (I think).
It dries the skin, but because My skin is pretty much oily, I guess I didn't experience the dryness that others had.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Was very drying on my skin, smelled very strongly of alcohol, and i did not care for the packaging. I am willing to look past all of that if the product actually cleared up acne. Unfortunately, it did not help my acne, and made it somewhat worse.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Beverley

i have strong skin that isn't usually affected too much by a strong astringent toner, i find this one to be one that brings my skin out in a rash. that doesn't mean its not good however. used as a "dabber" on spots seems to give a result,

if you have fair skin, sensitive skin or dry skin i don't think this is a product for you. it will nip your skin.

all that said, the pores on my nose have diminished so it does have positives x

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by HatGirl89

I was REALLY scared of getting this due to the bad reviews here and the fact alcohol is it's second ingredient (I have extremely sensitive skin) But I was in desperate need of a cheap 2% salicylic acid toner. Due to it's alcohol content, I have been using this JUST on my red marks, pores across my nose/cheek and on any blemish. For this, so far, it's been amazing. My red marks are fading very quickly, if any blemish pops up it get blasted away much quicker and my pores are cleaner and smaller. So for what I'm using it for, I love it and will continue to buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by jozie14

I find that this is a pretty good Toner. I was using the "fresh" toner by garnier for a while but noticed that it really didnt do much for my skin, too bad because it smells great. I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone, and get pimples from time to time. this toner has helped with my oily skin, it also managed to get rid of a huge pimple that wouldnt go away for a few days. This toner is also pretty cheap compared to other brands.

overall, effective toner, but only drawback is, I HATE the smell!! maybe its because I was so used to the "Fresh" toner, but this stuff smells pretty awful!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ss2320

This product impressed me a lot initially but after using it for a few months I noticed it didn't hydrate my dry skin but slightly made it worse.Although it did what it promised: cleaned my skin perfectly. The effect didn't stay as long as I expected it to but atleast it did its job?
Overall, this is an average product for me. If you have an extremely oily skin, this will work magic!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Tsini

Removed dirt, even after I had seriously cleansed my face with facewash/exfoliant, which is great. Doesn't dry out the skin afterwards. I feel it is a slight waste of money because I haven't noticed any difference in texture/appearance on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by babochka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

An average product, Nothing special about it . I only like the smell of the toner but I rather go back to Loreal toner