October 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Polishes - New York Color - Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Plaza Plumberry 139

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this vampy color! So pretty, especially on fair skin. It lasts really long too, which I love. Totally recommend this if you like vampy nail colors; its VERY similar to OPI Lincoln Park after Dark since it has the same purple undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by KayBella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Because I am old as the hills, I can say this with a ton of veracity - this nail polish reminds me SO much of Chanel Rouge Noir. Way back in the day, I wore and loved Rouge Noir. Then I got married, had kids and had to spend my money on other things. I had almost forgotten about Rouge Noir. One day, while cruising the internet, I was on the website Nouveau Cheap, and read a review of this nail polish. I knew I had to try it, I like dark colors for winter. So, for $0.60 (60 cents!!) I picked up a bottle of this on the way home from work. I applied it, and fell in love, stirring up happy memories of my younger days. That was a week ago. Today, I touched up the polish for the first time. It looks fabulous, and will be nice for the holidays. Chanel Rouge Noir DID NOT last as long as this polish has! I love it, I would definitely repurchase. Lasting power is great, I do a base coat by CG, a top coat of Seche Vite, and two thick coats of polish to get enough opacity. Highly recommend!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by mg1013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

NYC has really hit-or-miss nail polish formulas, and I have definitely been burned by them before, but Plaza Plumberry is a really good find!

What really surprised me is that while Plaza Plumberry is very similar to Essie's Carry On when the two bottles are viewed side by side, it somehow has more depth and interest after 2 coats than Carry On does. Carry On gets muddy and turns almost black, whereas Plaza Plumberry stays, well, plum. Its consistency seems much thicker than that of other NYC polishes, which in this case is a very good thing, trust me! There's no streakiness here, unlike some of their other offerings. I don't get the near-eternal wear time that some other reviewers have reported, but hey, at 99, I could do much worse! Especially since its pigmentation is coming out ahead of an Essie polish.

At the end of the day, Plaza Plumberry is a really solid nail polish. If you're going to impulse-buy any NYC product on your way out of the store, make it Plaza Plumberry and not French White Tip.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

So, Plaza Plumberry been on my nails for almost a week. I'm just now starting to see tip wear IF I look closely. Granted, I wrap my tips and am careful with my manicured hands, but this is still pretty amazing. I love the color, too--a dark purple/brown/black with glossy finish. Kind of vampy, edgy, and pretty at the same time. (Even a classically feminine lady like myself can pull this off.) No shimmer.
To boot, I found the formula super easy to work with, and I so didn't have to do a lot of clean-up despite the dark color. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by coralred31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have got to say that I really love this nail polish product! The color is absolutely amazing, it is a very alluring color. To describe the color, I'd say it's a black with dark blood red undertone (Hope I didn't make it sound creepy) It is magnificently beautiful, very mysterious yet sexy. I bought this at Target with it being on clearance, from 94 cents down to 65 cents. And from that, it went down to 45 cents! Can you believe that price! And to include more positivity to this review, the coat lasted for two weeks, yes I repeat, two weeks! One coat did deliver a purple tone, but with two or three coats, I achieved that beautiful black red glossy color. Long lasting, beautifully colored nail polish. I solidly recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

This is a good fall/winter nail color, but I had higher hopes for it. In the bottle, it looks like the deepest blackberry shade you can imagine. When applying it to the nails, you really see the dark purple undertones. Once I had two coats on and it dried, it looked like a semi-glossy dark brown. All of those gorgeous undertones were nowhere to be found. It looked kind of mucky to be honest. I still think it's a great dark, cool weather color. It just looks different on the nail to me than what I expected. The price was great. I decided recently there was no good reason to spend $10 on one nail polish, more than double that for a Chanel one. After years of doing my own nails, I can tell you, there isn't really a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by seahorselove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best. Nail. Polish. Ever!!!! Hands down. It's super long-lasting! Seriously, it lasted 10 days without one chip! Looks shiny enough on it's own and the color is so pretty! It's a beautiful black alternative, a sort of deep blackberry color. looks perfect in only two coats. I can't say enough about this product. I bought it for 94 cents at Target (regular price!) I will definitely repurchase when I run out! Even my grandma told me how much she liked the color. It's perfect when you want to wear black, but feel like black is too common.