September 17, 2014 | 1980 users online

Lipstick - Sonia Kashuk - Luxury Lip Color - Sheer Orchid

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by songy67

I feel that Sonia Kashuk may be one of the most underrated brands out there. Almost all of her products perform amazingly well and are reasonably priced and readily available at Target. Sheer Orchid is the perfect girly pink shade that goes with any look. It leans slightly warm and has perfectly sheer, buildable pigmentation. It reminds me a lot of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy. Plus, this lipstick smells faintly of delicious creme-brulee/ vanilla. The formula is non-drying and long-lasting. Easy to wear. Cheap & pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first SK lipstick (possibly first actual SK makeup item ever, in fact) and I like it quite a bit. For some reason, "Orchid" always makes me think of purple or lavender but thankfully this is neither. I picked it up for $2.98 on clearance, the last one so I figured it was a sign. I believe this shade was recommended in some magazine not too long ago as a good neutral pink for fair skintones, which it is. It's a great everyday no-brainer shade I can grab and apply without a mirror and doesn't require a liner. The square white tube with the color swatch on the top makes it easy to find in my cavern of a purse. Nice texture, smooth, not waxy or thick, and decently pigmented (especially for being called 'sheer'). It has a slightly shimmery finish without being metallic or frosty with a slight vanilla scent similar to MAC. Like most drugstore brands it's not terribly moisturizing but on the other hand is not really drying either. Either way, I tend to use a lipbalm underneath to offset this as my lips lean dry. The color stays true and although I can't say it's one I'd immediately pick out of a crowd it is surprisingly flattering and I'm glad I got it, sale or no. It seems to polish off my normal daytime look and make my lips look fuller which is a bonus :) The lasting power is as you'd expect, an hour or two depending on eating/drinking/etc. It's a somewhere between nude, pink and peach without leaning any way in particular which allows it to go well with almost everything. The shimmer is not a cool or silvery shimmer like some pinks seem to have (and which makes them unwearable on my warm skintone). If anything it's probably a gold shimmer, but so fine that you barely know it's there because all I see is shine, not "shimmer". I'd certainly pick up this shade again when I run out because I can see myself wearing this a lot. Granted, I don't think I have ever finished a whole lipstick but stranger things have happened!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

This is my first Sonia Kashuk Lipstick and I am impressed. It glides on easily and is moisturizing. It does not feel too waxy which is nice but it does seem to sit a bit on top of my lips. This color is great for my very fair skin. Not too pink which I get tired of but a lovely pink/mauve. On someone darker, it would just probably enhance their natural lip color slightly. I am not complaining about the price but it was $8.99 at Target and for some reason I thought it would be cheaper...oh, well a girl can dream.