August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Hydra Zen Neurocalm Extreme Soothing Moisturising Cream-Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

I managed to get a sample pot of this from the kind SA at Lancome. All the others did not have or flat out refused to provide samples, urgh!

Lucky I did manage to get a sample because it just did not work for me. I usually would not use hydrating ranges since I have oily skin, but recent winters dehydrates my skin (turning my skin type to combination skin). I managed to get 4 days of use from the small pot (which I used in conjunction with an Estee Lauder Night Repair Synchronised Complex II sample for 2 nights).

I noticed during the day when I use the Hydro Zen on it's own, my skin felt no difference - dehydrated, tight and rough. When I use it at night with the Estee Lauder serum, there is a slight improvement to the feel of my skin, however it did not last to the next day. The serum only lasted 2 nights, so when I used the Hydro Zen on it's own (day and night), I felt no improvement to my skin. Even though I used the gel, my T-Zone got quite oily (more than it should in winter) and it made me flare up with comedomes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Aimeeloulou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love love love this product, it has done wonders for my skin as it has really cleared it up. this along with the lancome cleaser wow is all i can say. this is a must have product and would recommend it to young skin which can be acne and oil prone

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Yamaha90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I suffered from acne for years and took roaccutane to help clear it, my dermatologist at the time recomended this as it is oil-free and I have not stopped using it since! It's nourishing and moisturising without being heavy or oily, they only down side to it is the price! I use it twice a day and it lasts me 5-6 weeks as you only need a small amount to cover the face

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my 3rd bottle of the hydra zen cream gel moisturizer.I have breakout on my cheeks area, I can see redness aon my cheeks as well, my skin feels uncomfortable n tight although I have combination/oily skin.i have been using this moist for almost few year I like it so much because is light weight absorb into skin very fast n it helps to relief redness n drynedd on my skin.it is a good base for foundation..the moist is expensive but this works very well on my stress n problematic skin..I not very sure whether lancome did change their fomular foe this range but I feel that this moist is somehow thicker than the previous bottles I purchase cuz I dont remember the packaging I this pink n tje texturw of the cream is alittle more heavier but I m still satisfied with what I am using now..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unremarkable moisturizer. It did not de-stress my skin or do anything at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by morphy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I layer this on as a mask and leave it overnight.The hydra zen line seems to improve my skin's condition and tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

Really great texture and a nice moisturiser, but it didn't do much for my skin! was advised this as an oil free alternative and initially loved the feel of it on my skin. I also liked how it was meant to be "extreme soothing" as my skin flares up sometimes (esp on my forehead and chin) so thought this would be good. it was a nice moisturiser but for the price, not worth it. it easily absorbed into my skin and kind of hydrated it, but didn't do much else. had no spf so there was no sun protection and i had bought it during the summer, had a heavy scent. only redeeming feature would be its great texture. would go for the chanel gel cream as it does it all!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

That's a really good moisturizer. It hydrates my skin, its texture is light and easy to apply and it doesn't get greasy for many hours. I think that its scent is a little bit heavy. Well, it is not my favourite moisturizer but it is really really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by vatel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have been using it for a while - GREAT under foundation, BUT ... offers LITTLE when it comes to ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by princessbeauty2

I bought this moisturiser a while ago now, and I stopped using it after a couple of months but recently started using it again.
The packaging is very pretty, and the product does last for a very long time as only a small amount is needed.
The woman on the Lancome stall told me that this moisturiser would be very hydrating but as it was a gel it wouldn't make my slightly more oily like some other moisturisers do, however after using it for a week now my skin is actually feeling less smooth and more dry than before, which is weird as I have combination oily skin. Because of this I am going to use it until it runs out just because I paid so much for it, then I will probably not purchase it again
It has also made me break out around my cheeks which is annoying as I had clear skin until I started using this product again.