Lancome Hydra Zen Neurocalm Extreme Soothing Moisturising Cream-Gel

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have sensitive acne prone skin that is combination but more dry. I use retin a about 2-3 times a week. The nights and mornings I use Shiseido's Ibuki gentle cleanser, Boscia's acne treatment and alternate with Clarins Santal oil (all HGs for me purchased at least 4 times each). I find this moisturizer juuust right for my skin. I use it in the morning and evening. I haven't woken up with any new pimples, my face being greasy or sticky, it's almost like my skin has a little more glow. I've ordered the Hydra Zen Night Masque (it's been out of stock forever) so I'm excited to try more from this line!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this cream. I have oily skin so I was a bit reluctant to try this at first, as it's labeled "for all skin types", and in my experience this usually means "not for oily". BUT I was wrong, it's a great cream. It has a very smooth and light texture, it smells great and it leaves my face feeling very refreshed and silky smooth. I use it every day as part of my morning routine and it does a great job of moisturizing my skin without making it all oily and heavy. Definitely recommend.

Ok, let's start with the price: not a cheap moisterizer! As most of lancome products, you pay a fair amount of dollars for this moisterizing gel. I bought this product 1 year ago and I finished it a couple of days ago. So it will last you quite some time!
I'm quite happy about this gel. It does what it promises to so, nothing more nothing less. It left my skin (dry cheecks, oily t-zone) moisterizer and it felt really comfortable. However, I noticed that this product did not work sufficiently the last couple of weeks. During the summer, it was perfect: lightweight and moisterizing. But lately my skin still feels very dry after using it. I switched to a creme of the same branch: also hydra zen, but the creme form instead of the gel. (Used it twice, so it's too early to write something about this one).

As a lot of users have already mentioned: this product (as all lancome products by the way) have a strong floral scent. If you have sensitive skin, this may irritate it! I have sensitive skin too, and it hasn't broken me out. Just keep it in mind...

I would buy it again, but there are so many products undiscovered that I want to try something else next time. It's a good product, not great and I'm still in search of my holy grail moisterizer :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I hate that this is in a jar, but I can't deny that the texture is really good and it feels so nice on my skin. I like to put this in the fridge during the summer so when I apply it in the day, it has a nice cooling sensation. Try it!!

I've tried my fair share of moisturizers darphin, biotherm, korres, shiseido, Chanel, guerlain you name it I've probably tried it and hands down this moisturizer is still my favourite! It feel so nice on the skin, and i admit I do use more than I should so I go through a bottle quite fast but I love slathering on a thick layer on my face because my face quite dehydrated and I love the feeling of moisturizer on my face at night! When I have it on at night I feel like i have a layer of goodness sitting on my skin protecting it (like a mask) and by the morning it's all absorbed into my skin and i look healthier than ever (normally without the moisturizer my face is lifeless, pale, dull, looks like I've been out all night doing drugs when in reality all I've been doing is getting my 10hrs of rest. Yup my complexion is that lifeless )

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I managed to get a sample pot of this from the kind SA at Lancome. All the others did not have or flat out refused to provide samples, urgh!

Lucky I did manage to get a sample because it just did not work for me. I usually would not use hydrating ranges since I have oily skin, but recent winters dehydrates my skin (turning my skin type to combination skin). I managed to get 4 days of use from the small pot (which I used in conjunction with an Estee Lauder Night Repair Synchronised Complex II sample for 2 nights).

I noticed during the day when I use the Hydro Zen on it's own, my skin felt no difference - dehydrated, tight and rough. When I use it at night with the Estee Lauder serum, there is a slight improvement to the feel of my skin, however it did not last to the next day. The serum only lasted 2 nights, so when I used the Hydro Zen on it's own (day and night), I felt no improvement to my skin. Even though I used the gel, my T-Zone got quite oily (more than it should in winter) and it made me flare up with comedomes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love love love this product, it has done wonders for my skin as it has really cleared it up. this along with the lancome cleaser wow is all i can say. this is a must have product and would recommend it to young skin which can be acne and oil prone

I suffered from acne for years and took roaccutane to help clear it, my dermatologist at the time recomended this as it is oil-free and I have not stopped using it since! It's nourishing and moisturising without being heavy or oily, they only down side to it is the price! I use it twice a day and it lasts me 5-6 weeks as you only need a small amount to cover the face

This is my 3rd bottle of the hydra zen cream gel moisturizer.I have breakout on my cheeks area, I can see redness aon my cheeks as well, my skin feels uncomfortable n tight although I have combination/oily skin.i have been using this moist for almost few year I like it so much because is light weight absorb into skin very fast n it helps to relief redness n drynedd on my skin.it is a good base for foundation..the moist is expensive but this works very well on my stress n problematic skin..I not very sure whether lancome did change their fomular foe this range but I feel that this moist is somehow thicker than the previous bottles I purchase cuz I dont remember the packaging I this pink n tje texturw of the cream is alittle more heavier but I m still satisfied with what I am using now..

Unremarkable moisturizer. It did not de-stress my skin or do anything at all.