MAC Oh So Fair (Venomous Villains)

4.6

on 9/18/2012 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This may possibly be my favourite blush of all time, I got this at a CCO and I love it, I think it looks great on pale skin, I wish mac ould bring it back so I would stock up on it. Its very light in color BTW.

on 9/17/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very pretty baby pink blush. I had no problem with this giving me a light pink blush (I'm NC20-25). The powder is soft and buttery - very nice to apply. The only reason I took off 1 lippie is because it faded after about 6 hours. I wouldn't repurchase only because I could instead purchase something like an Illamasqua Katie or Tarte Dollface (or even MAC Dame/Well Dressed) and be certain that I would not have to reapply where as with Oh So Fair I know I would have lost the color to my cheeks after 6 hours.

on 1/26/2012 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got Oh So Fair in the "Hark the Heraldry" (Tartan Tales) trio of blushes. I knew this was a highly rated and much beloved product but, for the life of me, I have NO idea what to do with this. I'm quite fair but this doesn't seem to work on me as a blush and I have issues with dusting pink powder all over my face. I wonder if the quality of the products in Tartan Tales is just second rate compared to their other releases (this was the case for me with Dame in this same set and I also noticed it with Bows and Curtsies in Tartan Tales compared to the one released in Fashion Flower). Certainly, MAC should be able to manage some sort of "quality control" with their products in repromotes and special editions. I'm going to read through the reviews here to see if I can get some ideas about what to do with this "beauty powder" (which is the biggest of the 3 pans in the palette). If I can get some ideas that work for me, I'll be back to change my rating entirely.

on 7/13/2011 3:49:00 PM

LOVE this! i had to search like crazy until i finally got this in a swap. i'm so glad i did. this is the perfect pink glowy blush for my pale skin. and, the compact is adorable! and even better, there's a lot of product, so no worry about running out for quite some time :) if i ever run out i will swap an arm and a leg for this!

on 6/10/2011 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh So Fair is a lovely, very subtle pink, which is perfect for my very fair skin (NW5-10; NARS Siberia) -- it imparts a barely-there soft glow. To me, it is neutral-toned, possibly even leaning warm -- but definitely not cool. It is not heavily pigmented, though, so if your complexion is darker than some variation of "fair," I can imagine that it may not show up very well.

on 5/14/2011 12:39:00 AM

Great sheer blush! Perfect for very very fair skin (NC 15). Smooth silky texture. Love this stuff! Color is not to blue or orange. Great neutral pink tone. It's also not super bright. Soft looking color on the skin.

New note: Bobbi Browns Antiqua Bronzer is literally identical to Oh so Fair. Oh so Fair was LE, so If you need a replacement product check Bobbi Brown, they look identical on the skin, even the texture and finish is the same.

on 4/15/2011 1:54:00 AM

Lovely, natural effect on my pale skin, with or without foundation. I use this everyday. Will repurchase, even though I hate the price.

on 3/17/2011 1:01:00 PM

LOVED the product in the pan, I could swap it on MUA. Loved it at first glance but too bad it didn't show up on my NC30 skin. Such a bummer.

on 3/17/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I almost paid 40 something dollars for this on ebay I wanted it so bad. Luckily I got it from a lovely swapper..thanks MUA for saving me on that one. I REALLY wanted to know how it compared to well dressed and wished someone had taken a picture of the two together. Im probably the only one who wondered but if theres others like me out there...Oh so fair is darker, more red toned pink while well dressed is a lighter, blue toned pink. Both beautiful. Not extremely different on the face. I think well dressed makes me look more young/innocent while oh so fair looks more sophisticated.

on 2/25/2011 2:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As I was walking out of MAC with all the things I had gotten from the Venomous Villains collection, I was sure that this was going to be the one thing I would be returning. I wasn't ready to dish out $30 for a blush, especially for something that looked liked like an average pink blush. I thought it was going to be a non-shimmery version of my La Vie en Rose from Too Faced. How wrong I was. For the past few months, this has been the blush I used 95% of the time. It creates a very pretty and healthy rosy glow on my NC15/20 skin that is perfect for any occasion. For a light pink color, it is surprisingly well pigmented and lasts all day. It is also very easy to blend because (maybe it's just my imagination) it seems to be creamier than MAC's other blushes, though admittedly I haven't tried a whole lot of them. After trying it out with a series of brushes (including my MAC 188), I find that I like it best with my Bobbi Brown blush brush. Since it is a LE item, I am hunting for a similar product but have yet to be successful. :( I have already purchased more as backup.

Popular Blush Products