April 16, 2014 | 1482 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Her Own Devices

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite the fact that it's a BP, I like to use this as a blush. It is sheer, so I use a coarser brush (the ones from Benefit's boxed powders work well) to pick up more colour.
BTW, it lasts 4 hours as a blush before it fades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

if i recall, in australia i paid 52 dollars for this. better money spent on a normal blush i would say. i prefer the mineralize blushes by mac.
this colour didnt really show up on my skin tone...i think cause im too dark. during the time i purchased it, i was an nc44, the colour just didnt show up unless i caked it on.
when i did put it on, it looked like a deeper meauve bronzer on me, i had to layer it on to get some sort of colour, this was the only way it would stay on my face all day. if i put a normal amount, it was like i wasnt flushed at all. i should have gotten the oh so fair, it would have been prettier on me.
im a fan of mac beauty powders, but i just chose the wrong colour :( i gave it to my girlfriend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I love this powder! At first I wasn't sure, but once I applied and buffed, I fell. It's a very natural mauvy pink. On my NC20-25 skin it looks fabulous. I'm not sure how well this will work with a tan, but I imagine it could make a beautiful rosy glow if built up. Only a little is needed at a time, which is nice since this is LE. I wouldn't chase it down for tons of money, but if you can find it reasonably priced, pick it up. It's a nice blush to own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is beautiful on my NC20 yellow undertoned skin. A soft nude pink colour....light enough to not look garish on my pale skin, but pigmented enough not to have to pack it on with my brush. I use it on the apples of my cheeks and it gives me a subtle flush. A shame it was LE.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Elemyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on a trek for a perfect blush. Honestly, I have had a fear of blushes...but I overcame it with this one! Ironically, it has a picture of my least favorite villain...come on now, she hurts puppies!

Her Own Devices is not too pinky, reddy, or orangey! It's great! It's also very buildable, which is rare to find in a blush!

I deducted a lipstick because it is kind of expensive (which is to be expected of Mac)...but more importantly, it was LE! :( What am I going to do when I run out?? I bought two because hopefully I'll find a replacement by the time I run out of both.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ellebel

I bought this only yesterday, but I really love it! I'm a NW20, and it'ts just the perfect color to give me a natural, daytime glow. Especially now when my tan is fading, it's just perfect to keep me skin healthy looking. Would buy it again, but infortunately it's a LE. At first I did not really like the packaging, thinking it looks cheap, but now I see the charm of it :D The cheapness makes is actually kinda fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 10 MAC products which I use as blushes (a variety of sheertone shimmer blush, mineralize skinfinishes, high-light powder, mineralize blushes, beauty powder blush, and beauty powders).
Although I have only had it for close to three weeks, Her Own Devices has become my favourite product to use as a blush.
MAC describes it as a "Cool nude" and on me it shows as a neutral, natural flush.

EDIT: Bought a back up from eBay =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Butterfly008

This product equals love.
It's just sooo pretty and natural-looking unlike most blushers on my NC15 skintone.

I love it so much I'm going to use it at my wedding day this month. Really can't go wrong with this. I'm gonna pair it with MAC's Angel lipstick and I'm all set. The SA told me this powder looks especially beautiful in photographs so that is a major plus as well.
Oh, and the packaging is sooo cute, LOL.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like it, I don't love this. This was the only thing I bought from the VV collection as I love nude blushes/powders. It shows up VERY well on my NW30-35, cool, medium skin tone. However it is pretty similar to my NARS Douceur , which I love. It's less pink the the NARS, but similar enough (and less "pretty" on me) to where I wouldn't purchase this one again even if it wasn't LE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I cannot believe the ratings are so low! I'm in love with this beauty powder - on my NC42 skin it's such a natural, gorgeous flush of colour. It's actually pretty close to the colour that I naturally blush. MAC describes it as a 'cool nude' and I think that's a pretty accurate description...the best I can describe it in my own words is a matte soft pink nude colour. I actually find it pretty pigmented - I apply with my 109 brush and only need one layer. The lasting power is pretty good aswell, & the packaging includes a mirror which is an added bonus. It's pricey but definately worth it, it's my HG blush as of now.