Crest Pro Health Clinical Gum Protection

2.4

on 6/4/2014 8:01:00 AM

It does not matter how beneficial this toothpaste is... the taste is just awful! I think they put waaaayyy too much flavoring in it. I can no longer use this as it makes me want to brush my teeth twice. It also irritates my gums more than soothes them. I will not repurchase this product.

on 9/12/2012 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After a couple weeks the inside front of my mouth has a grainy feel when I ran my tongue acrossed it. After another week I had sores all around my mouth just behind my lips on the inside of my mouth. So sore I had to keep drinking cold beverages. Very painful and now have to make a trip to dentist to see if he can help. I thought the sensitivity would go away, but it only got much worse.

on 1/8/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this toothpaste almost without interruption for about a year now. When I first saw the commercial for this, I was drawn to the claim that it reverses gingivitis. I suffer from gingivitis and gum bleeding (due to gingivitis). I used to be very conscious in public, fearing to gum bleeding. But after using this product for a year now, I almost never have gum bleeding. My gum don't even swell up that much anymore. I have seen some improvement in the progression of my gingivitis, much slower progression (its still there though, under my gum, but is reducing). If a toothpaste can do this, then it's amazing! The whitening claim of this product is not that strong, the 3D toothpaste is much better on that account. Like many others here, I too had the peeling and the white film problem. But after a month or so of using this product, I don't have that problem anymore. I guess my body got used to it, just hope my gingivitis does not! I wish it had the smaller cap instead of the big round one. I understand that with this bigger flat cap it is easier to make it stand up on its own, but a lot of toothpaste gets collected underneath the cap. That's why I took a lippe off. I would've wanted to give it a 4.5 but can't. I would definitely be buying another tube as soon as I'm finished with my current one. And as long as no other toothpaste comes along claiming to reverse gingivitis, I'll be sticking with this one.

on 1/23/2011 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

this is a medicore toothpaste. I didnt have any problems with the gummy film but i dont think this protected my mouth of bad breath so im going back to my original crest complete.

on 1/9/2011 6:42:00 PM

This review is for the Crest Pro-Health Clinical toothpaste in Clean Mint. I liked the flavor and have had minimal problems with a residual film; I've had it more with some other toothpastes in the past but neglected to make a list of them. I've had no adverse reactions to this toothpaste and again, I like the flavor, and plan on repurchasing.

on 12/18/2010 12:27:00 AM

This product made the inside of my mouth peel. I know it sounds crazy (and I thought I was the only person this happened to, until I saw the other reviews on here) but it's true. Crest makes some great toothpastes, but avoid this one unless you want to wipe film from the inside of your mouth. Gross! This tube went straight into the trash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I love this toothpaste. It didn't cause any peeling inside my mouth as the other 2 reviewers stated. But I have had that experience with colgate total. Usually it's your body's reaction to an ingredient in the toothpaste that causes the peeling. I switched to this a week ago and love the way it leaves a fresh minty feeling in my mouth for several hours.

on 9/22/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had the same experience as the reviewer below.

on 9/22/2010 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Although I have no complaints about the consistency or taste of this toothpaste, every time after I use it the inside of my mouth and lips peels and I end up with a gummy film that I have to wipe away. It's actually pretty disgusting and I have no idea why that is. On another note, I have also not seen any drastic improvements in the health of my teeth, gums and mouth, any more so than other toothpastes I've tried.

Popular Other Products