August 21, 2014 | 1735 users online

Polishes - Orly - It's Not Rocket Science

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by MadameWang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is definitely mine. Whenever I think about my favorite polish, I think of this bottle. I bought my other polishes from this collection on clearance, but this one I paid regular price for because I just loved it. Green is my favorite color when it comes to nail polish and this ugly-pretty green is just perfect. The formula is amazing. It goes opaque in two coats for me, though I have tried three to see if it makes a difference and I can't say I saw one. It is very sparkly and shimmery! Can't get enough and I definitely will need a back up bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by stillgorgeousdead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this at sally's in the clearance area for 3 bucks! I was so stoked this ugly like baby poop green is amazing. I dunno why but i love it to no end :] haha great for halloween.. heck i'd wear it when ever. You can deepen the color by just applying a black base or leave as is and get a nice bright kinda green. I love the sparkles it in! Such a pretty color. Pretty sure not many will like this due to it's baby poop/pea green color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

While green may not be everyone's favourite colour for their nails, if you do like green, this is beautiful. Plus staying power is fantastic, and it's almost impossible to apply badly. I did have to use 4 coats to get total opacity. I also said I wouldn't purchase again because green is not a colour I normally wear on my fingers (but for this I make an exception), so I won't need to repurchase. .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by courto

I purchase this color along with another from the cosmic FX colelction online for the full retail price of $10. It's a very fun, glittery polish that is perfect for Halloween. It took two coats to get the coverage I wanted. The color isn't exactly pretty however and will probably get tucked away until next year once fall is over. While I do love it, I think $10 is a bit much for this color, but others in the collection are definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by xaoey05

I wish Orly didn't feel the need to charge more for the "special pigments" in this polish, but I love it so much, I'd buy it again anyway. The formula and color are basically the same as CG Zombie Zest, so which you buy can depend more on bottle/brush preference than anything else. I got my bottle from Sally for $7.99 which wasn't that much more than the CG (and the bottle is bigger!) so that's that. Also comes with the famous Orly gripper handle, which is pretty sweet.

The color itself is so much fun! Very sparkly and lively, though Tyra would definitely classify it as "Ugly Pretty." I used two medium coats, and that's pretty good coverage, although my left hand looks somewhat streaky at certain angles. My husband doesn't like it at all, and thinks it looks like pee, so be prepared for that. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This polish is part of the Cosmix FX line that for some reason is priced almost twice as much as regular Orly polishes. I almost ordered them from H2T but they are ten bucks each there now, so I caved and bought them from Sally which sells them for $7.99 with their club card. Normally I don't spend that much on a single bottle of polish but I couldn't resist these colors. I've been lemming ChG's Zombie Zest but I can't find it anywhere but I found out this is a dupe color-wise, and the formula only requires two coats instead of ZZ's 3. Man, I cannot spot staring at my nails! This is a gorgeous sort of camoflage green with crazy shimmery glitter. It's so awesome. Definitely worth eight bucks.