Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo

3.1

Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Cetyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Glycol Distearate, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Laurdimonium Hyddroxypropyl Hydrolysed Wheat Proteion, Glycereth-2 Cocoate, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Sea Salt, Aminomethyl Propanol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Limonene, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI42090), Red 4 (CI 14700).

on 7/18/2015 4:08:00 PM

I purchased this a while back, from a salon. It is pricey, but so are any shampoos you buy from a salon (at least in my city).

It had a pump which I liked, and a nice scent. Mine did not lather at all, so I'm not sure if the formula has been changed since I see some reviews saying it lathers. That was a huge problem for me. I don't like SLS, but I need a little lather, and have used shampoos without SLS that lather.

I didn't feel like it moisturized my hair, but it didn't leave it feeling stripped.

I won't be repurchasing anytime soon. A ex friend of mine swears by this though, and that's how I came across it.

on 7/18/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

As a 23 year old that suffers from scalp psoriasis, it's quite a struggle to find a shampoo that doesn't upset my scalp, 90% of the shampoos on the market tend to do so. I try to go for sulfate free shampoos but often the problem I find is that they don't lather up and it feels like they don't get my hair as clean. Being that it's summer the salt water and chlorine from swimming the past few months was starting to really mess with my scalp and hair. Was about to give up, but I am a HUGE fan of the macadamia line, especially their deep repair mask and I have had a 6 year long love affair. I decided to give this shampoo a go, it smelled nice and the ingredients wasn't a list full of scary chemicals and sulfates. Took it home and I have been using it for about a month and my conclusion is that this is my new holy grail shampoo. It's unlike any other sulfate free shampoo I have ever tried. All I use is a nickel sized amount (I have very thick, long hair) and it lathers up great, the scent is too die for, it's a very creamy textured shampoo. It doesn't dry out my hair (which is naturally on the dry side to start) it's very moisturizing and rejuvenating. Also the biggest points go for the fact that it doesn't set off my scalp psoriasis at all. My scalp has now been able to heal and the hair fallout has stopped. The only draw back is the price, it's 22 dollars. However, I'd rather spend more money and have less scalp issues than to spend 4 bucks at the store on a shampoo that's gonna make my scalp itch and peel. One thing I need to mention is that at ULTA the macadamia products seem to be repackaged and the smell is very different. I don't know if Macadamia is reformulating and repackaging their products and slowly releasing them to stores but I hope if they do they don't change anything about their masks and shampoos because so far they are the only brand that really works for me. I found the old packaging and formula products at Target and they work just fine. All in all, this is a great shampoo if you are scalp sensitive or if you're just trying to avoid heavy chemical filled products in general. I can't live without this shampoo. It's great.

TLDR:
-price: 22 dollars
-found at: cvs, target, ulta (however at ulta the packaging has changed and the smell? not sure if brand is reformulating and repackaging their products)
-lathers nicely, nickel sized amount is sufficient, cleans hair without stripping or over-drying.
-great smell.
-paraben, sulfate and cruelty free
-goes great with the macadamia deep repair mask
-very moisturizing and rejuvenating.
-great for people with scalp issues.

on 6/2/2015 10:27:00 AM

Today it is rainy and windy an otherwise terrible hair day. But, I used this shampoo along with the Nourishing Leave-In Cream(which I mostly rinsed out), and my hair was transformed. Thank you to the other reviewers who left their feedback! My hair problems include frizz, broken hair, and dryness. I have a lot of very fine, colored and highlighted hair cut into a bob. Maybe it will work for you if you have a similar hair type.

The shampoo itself has a mild, natural smell. I don't know how to explain it. It lathers well and you don't need a lot. Also it is sulfate and paraben free. The price is steep but much cheaper on Amazon. I will try alternating this shampoo with another and still using the leave in cream and see if the results are still as amazing. I will update.

on 5/9/2015 4:46:00 PM

It's been a while since I've written a review. This great product made me write another one. I have difficult hair...it's fine, thinner and has a tendency to break though the texture is soft and I work hard to keep it healthy. I guess sometimes it's on the dry side, but usually normal. I've always found it hard to find a good basic s/c that doesn't leave my hair feeling too dry or too coated. Decided to try this line originally because the pretty packaging caught my eye at TJ Maxx plus I've heard really good things about the Macadamia line on Mua boards. I bought the Rejuvenating Shampoo and also the conditioning Rinse. I was ecstatic to see that it's sulfate free because my hair has single process color and I'm trying to get it to last longer. Bottom line, I love this line!! It's gentle, moisturizing, and doesn't weigh my hair down or coat it. The conditioning Rinse is light but still leaves my hair manageable and soft! The shampoo is thick and smells nice. I'll be using these two for as long as I can get it cheaply at TJ Maxx haha. My other s/c preferences are Kiehls Olive Fruit Oil Shampoo and Conditioner, and their Amino Acid Shampoo too, but they're pretty expensive.

on 3/17/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really don't understand the negative reviews for this product. I have natural dark blonde hair with highlights, previously damaged by blonde foils and hot ironing that has now been repaired, but has a tendency to get dry and lacklustre.

I originally bought the mask in this range and proceeded to purchase the shampoo, conditioner, leave in treatment and oils spray due to the high quality of the mask, and I am glad that I did. However, this review is for the shampoo only.

This shampoo has a thick consistency and provides a beautiful lather for a sulphate free shampoo, which is not always the case with other brands. I like my hair to feel clean after shampooing. My hair felt squeaky clean and the scent was very fresh. I followed with the moisturising rinse (conditioner) which also did a superb job.

After blow-drying my hair and flat ironing, my blonde hair was EXTREMELY shiny and looked very healthy. It was very soft and I received compliments from others during the night about the condition of my hair (and before the use of this shampoo, it was nothing to rave about).

If you want a moisturising shampoo that's going to repair your hair, make it more manageable (soft) and provide a high shine after heat styling. I would definitely recommend this shampoo and conditioner combo.

Don't be afraid of this range even if you have fine hair. My hair is normal to fine (but lots of it) and it did not weigh down my hair at all. In fact, it's probably one of the only "oil" ranges that I have found to be light but moisturising.

Will be buying again once I run out.

This shampoo is awesome, for my hair type anyway. I have long, wavy, medium/thick hair that has a tendency to get very dry/split at the ends and oily at the roots. This shampoo (in combination with the macadamia oil conditioner) has really improved the texture of my hair. It's so soft and shiny now. The only downside is the price, it's pretty expensive. I can usually find it at Marshalls or TJ Maxx for about half price, so that makes me feel less guilty for buying it. This shampoo is ,however, very thick and moisturizing so I could see how it may not work for people with fine/thin hair, it may weigh it down. But for hair types like mine, it's nothing short of a miracle worker.

on 12/22/2014 1:26:00 AM

I recently switched to Macadamia products. I have had problems in the past with shampoo/ conditioner making my already greasy hair MORE greasy. Luckily with Macadamia that doesn't happen. Within the first use of this product I could tell a difference. My hair is silky and shiny but not greasy. Besides the high price, I love everything about this product.

on 10/23/2014 10:37:00 PM

I bought the $6 travel sized bottle along with the sample of the hair mask because I wanted to try it first because I had seen so many Youtube beauty gurus rave about them, so I wanted to see if they were any good or not. The shampoo was great, it works especially well with the hair mask! I love that it is sulfate & paraben free. My hair is super curly & thick, so it's pretty damaged from straightening almost daily. I will definitely purchase the bigger size bottle of the shampoo when I run out of my other shampoo! Definite thumbs up on this product :) I just wish it wasn't so expensive, but I love it regardless.

on 10/22/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Obviously from some of the reviews this product isn't for everyone. I can only speak from my experience and its has been a wonderful one. I selected this line after an exhausting search for a good protein *hair hates it*, sulfate and paraben free product. Again, did I mention the word wonderful?! It made my natural hair soft and more manageable - especially the deep conditioner. A friend came over one day and she loved it too! Now the only thing that I don't love is the price. Its quite pricey but I honestly can't use another deep conditioner on my hair after using this. I have now used the last of the conditioner so I now must break down and pay for more but its totally worth it.

on 10/17/2014 11:07:00 PM

I bought this because I thought it will help my hair...how wrong I was!!!!...I used it and within a day my scalp broke out in a horrible lumpy itchy rash...I went to the doctors and they said I had a really bad reaction to the shampoo...I still have the rash a month later...I will never buy anything from this company ever again!!!!