October 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Healing Oil Treatment

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by jessicarwx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first ever oil I've used for my hair and I actually really do like it. I was skeptical at first about putting oil into my hair seeing as I already kind of have oily hair. I put a little bit in my hands and concentrate more so on the ends of my hair while it's still damp and it make it shiny and soft! A little goes a long way. The only thing I would change is the packaging. The bottle I have doesn't have a pump like this picture shows. It's just a twisty cap and I have to pour it into my hand. The pump would make this much easier and efficient when dispensing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by jillfoshizzle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This seemed to be a good quality oil but I found I do NOT like macadamia nut oil, it is very heavy, sticky and greasy feeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had very high expectations for this oil but it turned out to be of mediocre quality.Its too heavy and greasy to be used by itself so I just add a few drops of it in masks.The quality doesnt match the price.I wouldnt buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used moroccanoil for almost a year and wanted to try out some other oils. I purchased a small 50ml bottle of the Macadamia Natural Oil since the mask of this brand was a disappointment for me, but luckily the oil turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The texture is thick which put me off at first since my hair is fine, but I found it to absorb quickly and smoothly into the hair, not leaving any oily residue. My hair felt instantly softer, smoother, easier to comb (though I think Moroccanoil is slightly better at that). It looked shinier and healthier and I've received compliments on how soft my hair was which is quite surprising since my hair is bleached, damaged and therefore coarse. It made a very noticeable difference and I think it's the best hair oil I've used. I'm now back to Moroccanoil which I like as well just because that's the one that was more available, but I prefer the Macadamia Natural Oil which is also cheaper. My next experience will probably be Kerastase but I won't be surprised if I still prefer the Macadamia natural oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Austinvargo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS SPRAY. I have only used it once but my hair was noticeably softer and less frizzy after just the one use. I am seriously so obsessed with this product. Get the small bottle to try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by olivetantrums

My story-For the most part I've been blessed with fine but soft and manageable hair. So soft that I never really needed to comb them-my fingers were enough to sort out any tangles. THEN A few months ago-I went against my better judgement and decided to lighten my hair with hydrogen peroxide. A couple of months later-I found myself with hair that was making me miserable. There were knots that would come undone no matter how hard I tried. I'm pretty sure there were dreadlocks beginning to form(I still hadn't realised that I now needed to spend time combing my hair) and when I did manage to sort the best on my head out, it was brittle and I could see split ends poking out everywhere. Using the product- I picked this up because the store owner recommended it highly -above all other prod it's from the same brand and because it was on sale. The first time I used it-I used some 5 pumps all over and then I sat down to detangle my hair. It made the task relatively easy but I hadn't really made up my mind. That quantity of any serum would help the same amount. I followed the routine preferred by other MUA members and added a dollop of the oil to damp hair and massaged it through. The actual review-I LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! It has rescued my hair- and I had come so close to chopping it all off into a bob( which is something I would have regretted after a month because I NEED my hair in a bun or a pony when I work or study-I also LOVE my hair when it's long) it's smooth it's shiny it's manageable-it's HAPPY-it doesn't feel dry anymore. I am back in hair heaven!!! I do still need to comb it when it gets mussed but that's on me. Additional stuff-like other members said-use it on the hair shaft and that too mid-lower shaft coz it can weigh your hair down. My hair just about covers my bra(that's the length) and I would ideally need a little less than a pump. The bottle does NOT travel well. Also-(and this is just advice) I have been oiling my hair with regular coconut/olive/almond oil(roots and ends) before I sleep-plaiting it and then washing it the next morning. So if you are in the middle of a hair tragedy like I was, that is something you should really consider adding to your routine. Hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by settex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this macadamia oil treatment, it definitely works wonders!
I have really dry coarse hair from all the dying, colouring and toning. That is why I do not use heat tools as often as I want to because my hair is supperrrr dry.
It has this straw-like texture and it has became one of my insecurities. However, this product as well as the other products in the campaigns range have almost fully restored its natural strand's cuticles. My hair needs further hydration as well as good therapy thus, by using this particular oil has given me some sort of barrier to help moisturise and maintain its shape with an extra conditioning. I have dyed my hair from black to blonde and If you do have a very dark base colour then obviously, you would know what it feels like If you want to go blonde. I have some photos in my profile in which you can view how it is quite dry once I dyed it to blonde. A really fantastic product and range! Absolute recommend for people who are looking for good quality product like this especially with people who have experienced what I am going through.

Love, Sette V.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by clasp

I love this oil. It makes my hair so oft and silky!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Sophasaurus93

HG product for sure. I use about one pump of the oil in wet hair before blow drying, then after straightening I use about half a pump. This oil makes my hair feel light, and it's super shiny and feels SO soft. I use this in conjunction with the Deep Repair masque however this product is amazing on it's own also. It's lasted me a good 12 months and smells amazing also. It's a bit pricey but like I said, it lasts extremely well! Highly recommend this product not only for damaged hair but also for styling. Nothing else has ever made my hair this soft and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this product once a week in conjunction with my deep conditioner. It really helps moisturize the ends of my hair and leaves the hair feeling smooth and soft afterward. I think it is a little overpriced for the amount you get but a little bit goes a long way so that makes me feel a little bit better about the price. Overall, I like the results it gives me. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is maybe just to experiment with other hair oils.