August 31, 2014 | 1314 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Healing Oil Treatment

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Austinvargo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS SPRAY. I have only used it once but my hair was noticeably softer and less frizzy after just the one use. I am seriously so obsessed with this product. Get the small bottle to try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by olivetantrums

My story-For the most part I've been blessed with fine but soft and manageable hair. So soft that I never really needed to comb them-my fingers were enough to sort out any tangles. THEN A few months ago-I went against my better judgement and decided to lighten my hair with hydrogen peroxide. A couple of months later-I found myself with hair that was making me miserable. There were knots that would come undone no matter how hard I tried. I'm pretty sure there were dreadlocks beginning to form(I still hadn't realised that I now needed to spend time combing my hair) and when I did manage to sort the best on my head out, it was brittle and I could see split ends poking out everywhere. Using the product- I picked this up because the store owner recommended it highly -above all other prod it's from the same brand and because it was on sale. The first time I used it-I used some 5 pumps all over and then I sat down to detangle my hair. It made the task relatively easy but I hadn't really made up my mind. That quantity of any serum would help the same amount. I followed the routine preferred by other MUA members and added a dollop of the oil to damp hair and massaged it through. The actual review-I LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! It has rescued my hair- and I had come so close to chopping it all off into a bob( which is something I would have regretted after a month because I NEED my hair in a bun or a pony when I work or study-I also LOVE my hair when it's long) it's smooth it's shiny it's manageable-it's HAPPY-it doesn't feel dry anymore. I am back in hair heaven!!! I do still need to comb it when it gets mussed but that's on me. Additional stuff-like other members said-use it on the hair shaft and that too mid-lower shaft coz it can weigh your hair down. My hair just about covers my bra(that's the length) and I would ideally need a little less than a pump. The bottle does NOT travel well. Also-(and this is just advice) I have been oiling my hair with regular coconut/olive/almond oil(roots and ends) before I sleep-plaiting it and then washing it the next morning. So if you are in the middle of a hair tragedy like I was, that is something you should really consider adding to your routine. Hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by settex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this macadamia oil treatment, it definitely works wonders!
I have really dry coarse hair from all the dying, colouring and toning. That is why I do not use heat tools as often as I want to because my hair is supperrrr dry.
It has this straw-like texture and it has became one of my insecurities. However, this product as well as the other products in the campaigns range have almost fully restored its natural strand's cuticles. My hair needs further hydration as well as good therapy thus, by using this particular oil has given me some sort of barrier to help moisturise and maintain its shape with an extra conditioning. I have dyed my hair from black to blonde and If you do have a very dark base colour then obviously, you would know what it feels like If you want to go blonde. I have some photos in my profile in which you can view how it is quite dry once I dyed it to blonde. A really fantastic product and range! Absolute recommend for people who are looking for good quality product like this especially with people who have experienced what I am going through.

Love, Sette V.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by clasp

I love this oil. It makes my hair so oft and silky!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Sophasaurus93

HG product for sure. I use about one pump of the oil in wet hair before blow drying, then after straightening I use about half a pump. This oil makes my hair feel light, and it's super shiny and feels SO soft. I use this in conjunction with the Deep Repair masque however this product is amazing on it's own also. It's lasted me a good 12 months and smells amazing also. It's a bit pricey but like I said, it lasts extremely well! Highly recommend this product not only for damaged hair but also for styling. Nothing else has ever made my hair this soft and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this product once a week in conjunction with my deep conditioner. It really helps moisturize the ends of my hair and leaves the hair feeling smooth and soft afterward. I think it is a little overpriced for the amount you get but a little bit goes a long way so that makes me feel a little bit better about the price. Overall, I like the results it gives me. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is maybe just to experiment with other hair oils.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This is an okay silicone serum- adds manageability, tames frizz, provides heat protection. I use this by adding a small amount to my damp hair before blow-drying. But I find it leaves my hair sticky and weighed-down. It's a tad drying as well.
Not a horrible product, and I'm a fan of this brand. But now that my bottle is empty I've decided against repurchasing this one. I much prefer CHI Silk Infusion to this.
For reference I have thick wavy-texture color-treated hair that I heat-style regularly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LipstickLesbian27

While I do think that this product works well enough, I don't think it is at all worth the exorbitantly high price. I got a 1 oz tester sized bottle from my girlfriend (a diehard ipsy subscriber) and I have been using it for about a month and a half. My hair is waist-length right now and I am looking to grow it much longer; I don't have an especially dry, thick, or coarse hair type, but since my hair is getting long, the ends are drying out and need extra love. I use about a dime sized amount when I get out of the shower and my hair is damp, and I work it into my ends and down the length of my hair. I am benefitting from this product; my ends are soft and hydrated, and I LOVE the smell. So many ladies on here can't stand it and prefer fruitier smells, but I can't get enough of the nutty, musky scent, I would love it if it stayed in my hair all day. :) That being said, as I get older I am paying more attention to the ingredients in the products I use, and am trying to stay away from products that use sulphates, silicones, and other harmful/"filler" ingredients. And this oil is chock-full of those! The first two ingredients are silicones, and only two out of the 19 ingredients have anything to do with Macadamia oil. Considering that I haven't seen the full sized bottle on sale for less than $33 where I live, I feel that this oil is a huge rip-off, when there are so many hair oils on the market that are far cheaper and have similar ingredients. Heck, you can buy a bottle of pure, organic Macadamia nut oil from a health store/online for half the price and 3x the amount of product. There is even a page on this site where some very helpful ladies describe in detail all the uses and benefits of pure Macadamia nut oil, including the amazing results you get when you use it in your hair. With that in mind, I would never buy this product, because you pay way too much for really generic ingredients. I would rather skip the pretty packaging and spend (much less of) my money on the real thing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mellimaria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

After getting a sample of it, I just HAD to get it. I'm on my second bottle now and I don't think I'll be able to give it up.

Pros:
Makes a huge difference in the way your hair looks and feels (I usually apply in damp hair) - it becomes very shiny and healthy-looking. Quite lasting since you'll only need about one pump for your entire hair (beware-only use on tops to avoid greaseball-look!)

Cons:
Expensive. I also find the packaging quite a problem, there always seem to be a little coming out so it's almost impossible to take it anywhere with you. The 'closing' top on the bottle just doesn't seem to work either. Or is that just me?

I'm gonna give this oil 4 lippies and not 5 because of the packaging issues. Otherwise, great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandabackpack

I have used a number of oils and serums in the past and find Macadamia Oil (not to be confused with actual macadamia oil) to be competitive with other products on the market. I have my hair salon-dyed brown every eight weeks and blow-dry every other day. I find this oil blend to effectively protect my hair from all of that heat while keeping my color-treated ends looking healthy. I normally apply a small amount to the lower half of my towel-dried hair before combing it through and blow-drying, though I occasionally mix a bit with other products (paste, shine spray, etc.) and apply after blow-drying and heat styling, depending on the look I'm going for. It's probably not worth paying full price, but it's a good deal when it's on sale.