Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting SERUM

3.4

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, NIACINAMIDE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, DIMENTHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, POLYETHYLENE, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CARNOSINE, ALLANTOIN, DIMETHICONOL, POLYACRYLAMIDE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, LAURETH-4, LAURETH-7, CITRIC ACID, PEG-100 STEARATE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, BHT, DISODIUM EDTA, TIN OXIDE, FRAGRANCE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA

on 3/20/2015 8:13:00 AM

First of all, I tried the fragrance free Micro - Sculpting Cream (comes in a jar). Around two-thirds down the jar, this moisturizer stopped working in regards to evening my skin tone and exfoliating. It became just a plain moisturizer. I supposed the vital ingredients that make it do what it's supposed to do simply break down after being exposed to air. This is a disappointment because the jar is $26.

I went out and bought the Micro-sculpting serum for $22 because it has the same ingredients as the cream but it's in an air tight pump. After two days of morning and evening application, I am very happy with the results. Just two days! Upon waking up, my skin is plumped, dewy, even toned, and generally speaking, well rested. I am excited to continue using this and hope that the antioxidants in the serum will maintain its freshness since its in a pump.

on 2/12/2015 4:02:00 PM

I have dry sensitive acne prone skin. I used the Olay Regenerist Microsculpting cream for about a month and loved it. I then decided to add the serum to my skin care routine since I got excellent hydrating and firming results from the cream.

I would cleanse with Cerave hydrating cleanser, tone with Paula's choice skin recovery calming toner, moisturize with Olay serum and Olay cream; for about two months my face was glowing;

I however started to notice one or two bumpy pimples, on my face every now and then. Then eventually the Olay serum started to irritate my skin and sting very bad.
I did not react badly to the cream, the serum was the problem.

I had to take the serum out of my routine as it doesn't work well for my sensitive skin

on 1/14/2015 2:29:00 PM

I think this is a decent serum. The result didn't wow me but comparing to some other mediocre serum that's more expensive, this is definitely better. Skin feels smooth and rejuvenated after using it.

on 11/5/2014 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Background: I am 26 with medium brown bi racial skin tone. combination to very dry in the winter and lately VERY sensitive skin. I live in Florida, so one day is dry, the next not so much.

So at first I was using the clinique turnaround concentrate. Although my skin is sensitive in general it is realitively clear with my biggest problems being dullness/even skin tone. Within the first week I saw excellent results but after that, dispite the compliments from others and my fresh look, I couldnt tell a huge difference but knew my skin was better than without. I then heard that olay regenerist line was very similiar and much more budget friendly.
I LOVED this serum...for the first few days. I went from needing a very heavy night cream to no pm moisturizer at all If I used this before bed. BUT THEN my husband started telling me my face looked swollen and broken out. I blamed it on a halloween makeup. A few days later more breakouts in places I have never had a problem before. Next day a co worker tells me my face looks like somethings wrong and my cheeks look big.. After about 2 weeks my skin feels very moisturized, but at the expense of puffy cheeks, a diminish in tone compared to the clinique serum and several...probably a dozen spots on my face from 3 huge under the skin pimples to several dark purple smaller spots and very congested pores in my nose which tend to be larger anyway but seemed to be "cleared out" before.

This is my first review but I wanted to be detailed because I feel I was beginning to get at a good place with my skin when I tried to save money and now it is worse then I can ever remember. Mind you, I am aware that with any new product you may have a sort of get used to it period for the skin, but as I stated this was not irritation, this is bad.

I should've known better because I had a problem years ago with a daycream as far as irritation goes. A very helpful manager at Ulta told me that althogh ingredients may be similar there are some extras in one, and the amount of the ingredient is also a big thing.
My husband, as well as his family all do WONDERFULLY on any Olay product but this was not for me. I would say its probably great if your skin isnt on the sensitive side but go for the fragrance free anyway. As for myself. I have switched back to my first attempt, in addition to a vitamin C serum for pm. I gave this 2 stars because it was very moisturizing for me. But I can not give my with my probably rare, but bad experience. Until it runs out I am using on my hands, and that is going fine. Good luck!

on 10/24/2014 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Nothing but cons for me, after years of reasonably clear skin after only three days of using this my face was literally COVERED IN PIMPLES!!!!

on 10/24/2014 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after reading good things about it on Beautypedia. I use it every morning underneath my Olay regenerist wrinkle relaxing complex. I love the packaging, the pump bottle makes it both hygienic and easy to apply. It has a slight scent (nothing too offensive), absorbs easily and leaves my face looking slightly pearly/shimmery. I would definitely repurchase it if it wasn't for the fact that I can't really see any difference in my skin after using almost the whole bottle. It feels great and works well under makeup, but that's about it. I'm sure there are other serums out there which will feel great and also improve my skin. I will keep looking.

on 10/17/2014 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was not terrible as I thought it would be.
I did see the slightest firming effect.
Nothing too noticeable. I am almost done with my bottle and if anything changes I will update my rating but so far nothing to write home about.
It feels like a nice primer on the skin and can easily be worn day and night. Surprisingly it was not greasy at all even on my very oily skin.
My skin did still get oily, just saying it did not in anyway increase it.

Cons
I did have some deep long lasting breakouts with this especially in areas that I was concentrating usage on. The kind that never come to the surface and pop and are very deep, huge bump sticking out so everyone can see... yeah that kind.
I also got all over tiny hard bumps under the skin.

on 8/28/2014 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this as Paula's Choice gave it a good review, praising it's skincare ingredients for the price. I'm still young but I still wanted to upgrade my skincare products and try products that are more beneficial for the skin and until now I have focused entirely on hydration - still a big focus as I have very dry skin, but I do want to keep my skin looking young and plump for as long as I can, and to try and ensure it stays in good condition when I am older.

Price is a little high, but still way more affordable than brands such as Clinique, Estee Lauder etc. I do like that you get 50ml and that the pump packaging works well. It has a bit of fragrance, but thankfully it didn't irritate my skin. The serum is slightly creamy and looks pearlescent. It also spreads smoothly and you can make a little go a long way. I know you can't always observe the effects these products have but using this my skin didn't appear to get any worse or any better. I know sometimes the best you can hope for and want is a reliable product, which addresses your skin's needs. I'm thinking that for myself, it may not be the best choice available.

I have recently purchased a new serum which hydrates my skin a lot better than this one. So I think I will be switching to that. I use multiple products in my skincare routine and they complemented the insufficient hydration I was receiving from the serum. While I never felt dry using it for that reason, I still much prefer the hydration boost I get with my newer serum, My de-hydration/fine? lines are less visible now.

I think this is a nice light serum, which made my skin feel smooth and I experienced no adverse effects. I think this would be a really nice product to complement someone's skincare routine, someone who has maybe combination or normal skin. I am glad I tried it but I will not repurchase.

on 8/2/2014 3:59:00 AM

I have admittedly temperamental skin and i am a product junkie. so i try all kinds of products to find what suits me. I've spent on dermatologists and skii and pretty much everything else in between... but i have never had a product that i couldnt even wear for a full day because i can literally see red angry bumps forming within the first 20 mins of putting it on. Im an idiot and i tried it on 3 days just because i cannot believe how my skin can react so badly to a product!!!! ok... so i stop using it on my face and dont want to throw the new product away... and used it as moisturiser for my elbows, knee caps and the tough skin on the bottom of my feet. they got tingly and then they got RED... which is why i feel the need to tell everyone. ive used bad products on those areas to finish up the products i cant use on my face and this is the first time a product has cause this kind of reaction. BEWARE!!!

on 7/15/2014 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I found this to be a really good serum at an affordable price point. I am not really into drugstore brands when it comes to face lotions or serums but after reading the rave reviews it got from cosmetics guru Paula Begun I was intrigued.

This product has everything one could wish to find in a serum - many cell-communicating ingredients, peptides, antioxidants,and a plethora of other anti-aging ingredients. It also contains something called skin-identical glycerin - I have no idea what that is but it sounds fancy and good for the skin. I also really like that it has mineral pigments which give off a glowy and radiant appearance which I find to be similar (albeit more subtle) to MAC's Strobe Cream. I purchased the fragrance free version, which sounds like its a newer release based on a lot of negative reviews about the scent.

This is pricey for a drugstore item, but really affordable as far as serums go. I have purchased a lot of high priced serums in my time and most of them were a waste of money. Actually none of them had an ingredient list like Olay's, so spending $29 on this stuff really is an excellent deal.

Popular Treatments (Face)