October 22, 2014 | 994 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Repair & Protect

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

soo my crazy lets try every shampoo in the world obsession i have has led me to once again give another try to pantene! i know pantene isnt something my hair likes.. its packed with silicone and sulfates and ugh but at this point ive tried them all and honestly get nature fusion if you must use pantene its the only sorta decent ingredient one they make!!! anyways this is so drying and made my hair into a nest and the conditioner didn't help at all! please avoid this product it kills your hair and has no good ingredients! pantene draws me in with their smell i love the scent but ughhhh its junk yet again.... one day ill learn my lesson

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by xXPreciousXx

When I first opened the shampoo I really liked the smell of it, a very nice scent. It was my first time using a Pantene product and I liked it after awhile.
The first time I used this product I like how it made my hair soft while I was in the shower it usually takes a lot of conditioner to do that, I really didn't see much of a difference after my hair was dryed just my dry dead hair, but the second use actually worked quite well for me. My hair actually feels healthy and soft!
I love it! I will definetly be buying this product again I have been using it for a month now and I really can't see myself going back to another shampoo :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by kristynad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this shampoo.
It made my hair feeling very nice and soft even without conditioner and it also gave body to my hair, which was quite surprising. I was using it for a really long time and everything was just fine, would really recommend this shampoo to anyone.

But there“s one thing I have to say. Pantene, I“ll never forgive you for changing the smell for all your products in Europe. I loved the smell of this one so much, it reminded me shampoo my mum used to use when I was a child and now all of that is gone, replaced with a really weird and usual citrusy smell which I hate and because of that I no longer use this one and wouldn“t buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by JMayes

This shampoo killed my hair. A hairdresser explained to me that products like this deposit a wax film over hair to give it a 'healthy' appearance. I started using this and thought my hair looked great. And it all went down hill. My hair was greasy in the roots within hours, I had tiny pieces of wax coming out into my brush and I believe that the wax has been interfering with my hair coloring. Needless to say I will NEVER buy this or any Pantene again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by KCLADYZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Felt extremely drying in the shower yet i still was able to comb without tangles. Hair looked better and repaired and thicker and stronger BUT also stiff, dry, heavy. i really disliked the harsh feeling in the shower. Shampoo should feel creamy in the shower not like harsh soap

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by phoebeclaire

A pretty good shampoo. I have damaged, color treated hair, but I need to wash it every day or it gets oily. It has a nice,perfumey smell that doesn't really stay in your hair. Along with the matching conditioner, and my Kiehl's Straightening Cream, which i always use, my hair was left very soft, silky, and pretty shiny. Didn't irritate my scalp like a lot of shampoos I've used tend to do. It does contain sulfates and it lathers a LOT, which I really don't mind. I'll probably finish this, and I might go back but it's not amazing enough to make it my usual shampoo.

EDIT: DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. It fooled me the first few days, but after that, it wrecked my hair. It looked dirty and dull. Took several days with a different shampoo for my hair to get back to normal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Genuinely the worst shampoo I've ever used. I was recommended this by a friend as we were both trying to grow our hair out despite having damaged ends - she told me her hair was softer and felt in amazing condition, damaged ends and all, after only a few uses. Naturally I had to buy myself a bottle as well as the matching conditioner, costing only £4.49 at Tesco for a big 500ml bottle of the shampoo - it's on offer a lot, currently only £6 for 2x 500ml.
The first time I used it I was impressed with how suddenly sleek and soft my hair felt, the dried damaged ends appearing as if they'd been magically sealed up. Naturally I was ecstatic.
However after a few weeks I noticed my hair looked and felt greasy all the time, even just a few hours after washing it. It looked dirty and disgusting in photos with dry ragged ends, like it hadn't been washed in a week despite shampooing the night before. I then realised it had only been happening since I'd been using Pantene Repair & Protect, leaving a horrible greasy film over my hair. I immediately switched back to Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo and my hair gradually returned back to normal again. Thank goodness. I noticed my friend stopped using hers too.
I sometimes use silicone products on my hair but I'm not sure what ingredient in this particular formula made such a mess of mine. If you want affordable products for looking after dry damaged hair, Aussie's Miracle Moist range is ideal. If you're willing to spend more, a sulphate-free shampoo and Fekkai's Protein RX mask do wonders for soothing damaged hair. I've since relegated the Pantene shampoo & conditioner to the brush soap/shaving cream bin (ideal for shampoos and conditioners you hate!) and you couldn't even pay me to use this nightmare product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pantene hasn't got the best reputation, but I still really like it. It actually allows me to get a brush through my hair, which is no easy task! I haven't has issues with buildup so I can't comment on that. Repair & Protect simply leaves my hair soft, clean and manageable, which is all I want from a shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The "repair & protect" line is very popular over here (in Europe). It promises to get rid of damaged hair (in some bottles you can even read "change your hair within only 15 days"- yeah, right!... loool). So I decided to give this a try since my hair was somewhat dry in the ends and also a little damaged. I used this along with the deep treatment (masque), wish I intend to review later.

This has the same exact smell of the classic Pantene shampoo and is basic the same but with a heavier feeling. It felt ok at first but I soon started to notice it caused me dandruff and itchy scalp! Outch! Besides that, it leaves hair so limp and with a weird residue... And althought hair seems smother and more hydrated, the next day it feels straw like. I am disapointed with Pantene. I havent't tried a single product from this Brand that worked for me and I'm not the worst costumer with world! I mean, wavy fine hair is not that hard to manage.... I was forced to toss it and it took me ages to get rid of the dandruff (wich I usually don't have)..... A waste of money....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by redeemed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great shmapoo for dry and damaged hair.It brings moisture and leaves hair very soft.I found by using the whole Repair n Protect line my hair was left very soft.