August 2, 2014 | 1649 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Repair & Protect

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by xXPreciousXx

When I first opened the shampoo I really liked the smell of it, a very nice scent. It was my first time using a Pantene product and I liked it after awhile.
The first time I used this product I like how it made my hair soft while I was in the shower it usually takes a lot of conditioner to do that, I really didn't see much of a difference after my hair was dryed just my dry dead hair, but the second use actually worked quite well for me. My hair actually feels healthy and soft!
I love it! I will definetly be buying this product again I have been using it for a month now and I really can't see myself going back to another shampoo :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by kristynad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this shampoo.
It made my hair feeling very nice and soft even without conditioner and it also gave body to my hair, which was quite surprising. I was using it for a really long time and everything was just fine, would really recommend this shampoo to anyone.

But there“s one thing I have to say. Pantene, I“ll never forgive you for changing the smell for all your products in Europe. I loved the smell of this one so much, it reminded me shampoo my mum used to use when I was a child and now all of that is gone, replaced with a really weird and usual citrusy smell which I hate and because of that I no longer use this one and wouldn“t buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by JMayes

This shampoo killed my hair. A hairdresser explained to me that products like this deposit a wax film over hair to give it a 'healthy' appearance. I started using this and thought my hair looked great. And it all went down hill. My hair was greasy in the roots within hours, I had tiny pieces of wax coming out into my brush and I believe that the wax has been interfering with my hair coloring. Needless to say I will NEVER buy this or any Pantene again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by KCLADYZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Felt extremely drying in the shower yet i still was able to comb without tangles. Hair looked better and repaired and thicker and stronger BUT also stiff, dry, heavy. i really disliked the harsh feeling in the shower. Shampoo should feel creamy in the shower not like harsh soap

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by phoebeclaire

A pretty good shampoo. I have damaged, color treated hair, but I need to wash it every day or it gets oily. It has a nice,perfumey smell that doesn't really stay in your hair. Along with the matching conditioner, and my Kiehl's Straightening Cream, which i always use, my hair was left very soft, silky, and pretty shiny. Didn't irritate my scalp like a lot of shampoos I've used tend to do. It does contain sulfates and it lathers a LOT, which I really don't mind. I'll probably finish this, and I might go back but it's not amazing enough to make it my usual shampoo.

EDIT: DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. It fooled me the first few days, but after that, it wrecked my hair. It looked dirty and dull. Took several days with a different shampoo for my hair to get back to normal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Genuinely the worst shampoo I've ever used. I was recommended this by a friend as we were both trying to grow our hair out despite having damaged ends - she told me her hair was softer and felt in amazing condition, damaged ends and all, after only a few uses. Naturally I had to buy myself a bottle as well as the matching conditioner, costing only £4.49 at Tesco for a big 500ml bottle of the shampoo - it's on offer a lot, currently only £6 for 2x 500ml.
The first time I used it I was impressed with how suddenly sleek and soft my hair felt, the dried damaged ends appearing as if they'd been magically sealed up. Naturally I was ecstatic.
However after a few weeks I noticed my hair looked and felt greasy all the time, even just a few hours after washing it. It looked dirty and disgusting in photos with dry ragged ends, like it hadn't been washed in a week despite shampooing the night before. I then realised it had only been happening since I'd been using Pantene Repair & Protect, leaving a horrible greasy film over my hair. I immediately switched back to Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo and my hair gradually returned back to normal again. Thank goodness. I noticed my friend stopped using hers too.
I sometimes use silicone products on my hair but I'm not sure what ingredient in this particular formula made such a mess of mine. If you want affordable products for looking after dry damaged hair, Aussie's Miracle Moist range is ideal. If you're willing to spend more, a sulphate-free shampoo and Fekkai's Protein RX mask do wonders for soothing damaged hair. I've since relegated the Pantene shampoo & conditioner to the brush soap/shaving cream bin (ideal for shampoos and conditioners you hate!) and you couldn't even pay me to use this nightmare product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pantene hasn't got the best reputation, but I still really like it. It actually allows me to get a brush through my hair, which is no easy task! I haven't has issues with buildup so I can't comment on that. Repair & Protect simply leaves my hair soft, clean and manageable, which is all I want from a shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The "repair & protect" line is very popular over here (in Europe). It promises to get rid of damaged hair (in some bottles you can even read "change your hair within only 15 days"- yeah, right!... loool). So I decided to give this a try since my hair was somewhat dry in the ends and also a little damaged. I used this along with the deep treatment (masque), wish I intend to review later.

This has the same exact smell of the classic Pantene shampoo and is basic the same but with a heavier feeling. It felt ok at first but I soon started to notice it caused me dandruff and itchy scalp! Outch! Besides that, it leaves hair so limp and with a weird residue... And althought hair seems smother and more hydrated, the next day it feels straw like. I am disapointed with Pantene. I havent't tried a single product from this Brand that worked for me and I'm not the worst costumer with world! I mean, wavy fine hair is not that hard to manage.... I was forced to toss it and it took me ages to get rid of the dandruff (wich I usually don't have)..... A waste of money....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by redeemed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great shmapoo for dry and damaged hair.It brings moisture and leaves hair very soft.I found by using the whole Repair n Protect line my hair was left very soft.