October 21, 2014 | 1328 users online

Blush - Laura Geller - Blush-n-Brighten in Tropic Hues

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

When I bought this from Amazon, I wasn't aware that it had a bronzer on one side and a blush on the other (I actually think the seller had the wrong photo with the listing, and I was looking just for the Tropic Hues blush). But since I had been looking for a bronzer anyway I wasn't too disappointed.

The blush looks like a swirly dark berry pink with some coral swirls in it. The bronzer is very shimmery and a little too dark against my NC10-15 skin and can make me look a bit muddy. Both sides are very shimmery and so may not suit everyone. I personally don't like to look like I am sparkly all day every day, but this blush is nice for occasional use. I wouldn't buy again even though the color payoff is quite good (but then having pale skin, you can get almost any product to show up).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by nursedye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a pretty color. Gives my cheeks a beautiful natural glow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This is stunning! It looks incredible with a tan (or bronzer) and the matching lipstick. I use this blush as an eye shadow, an all-over brightener, and, of course, as blush. On me, the overall effect of the color is of a warm, glowy pink (probably close to what everyone-but-me gets from Nars Orgasm). I have to be careful not to put too much Tropics over the pores on my cheeks, because, over my Balance N Brighten, this can create a greasy, glittery effect. However, as long as I apply lightly over my pores, this blush is fantastic. The color scheme of the Tropics collection seems to be created for my coloring. It's so flattering, warming, and downright beautiful, I've "stocked" up on these products. I have warm olive skin that tans easily, and Tropics blush, on me, shows up as a vibrant, hibiscus pink. The lipstick, on my light red lips, is a rose-mauve-bronze. My mother has become hooked on the Tropics lipstick as well, but it looks very different on her cool, very pale fair skin. The lipstick looks more peachy-brown on her, but it's lovely. The Tropics blush does not work on her skin at all...it shows up as a bright, fake orange, that looks nothing like the actual product, or the lipstick. Bizarre. So Tropics is one of those products it's best to try before buying. If this does work for you, I'll bet you will fall head over heels for it. This is total "desert island" material for me. My Tropics blush definitely says "Made in Italy", and it lists the Netherlands as the European distributor of this New York-based brand. My blush is a full-sized product, with slightly less blush than has been contained in other Geller blushes, but this LE blush costs nearly $10.00 less than the "regular" line as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Songbird1967

Lovely warm and delicious swirls in this blush. It is not made in Italy but the Netherlands and is quite beautiful. Small size but great for travel and I think would look great on med complexions but not for very fair skin. NICE!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, this product is smaller, but put into the same larger blush size packaging. It is a mix of corals, but mostly cool pinks. There is so much fine shimmer it makes my skin look very dry. Her baked blush that is Sugar-Free Boysenberry (no shimmer) makes my skin look dewy & great. I also have her Sunswept and that does have shimmer but not so much it seems. It just makes me look like corpse skin & am returning it. Update: I have since received this in a spilt pan with Tahitian Glow bronzer on the other side. This new one has a lot less shimmer and I like this mix of colors more. It just depends which mix you get and they can vary quite a bit. This one has more of pink and even a little light red or deep warm pink this, but no other shades. It makes a good pair with the bronzer to add a touch where the sun would start to give that burn, however I am happy with it now mostly for the bronzer, because I now own seven Laura Geller blush shades ans this one does not look good so I only apply it faintly. I had considered taking a blade to the pan and cutting it out, but just use it lighter when I use the bronzer now.