September 1, 2014 | 1575 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Kimber7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS is exactly what I hoped Hypnotic Poison would be. I have purchased Hypnotic Poison 3x and swapped it 3x! I just couldn't make it through the beginning notes of Hypnotic. Enter Eau Sensuelle is so smooth, it smells good immediately, unlike Hypnotic Poison which you have to wait for the beginning to settle down. Eau Sensuelle is soft, sexy yet still manages to be comforting. I can actually just spray and go! PERFECT :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Delicious fragrance. I can't stop smelling myself when I wear it. If you like vanilla, you should definitely try this out next time you're at the fragrance counter. Extremely sexy perfume!

I originally got this confused with the regular Hypnotic Poison (I had received a box of miniatures and didn't read the tiny print for the longest time.) This is better than the original imo, too bad it's trickier to find!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by alaras

I love this bottle. This is a smokey tobacco and chocolate mix but not too heavy. It doesn't have a great sillage so it stays close. I think it's a hybrid of Hypnotic Poison and Dior Addict. I don't find it sexy. It doesn't necessarily evoke sophistication either. It's ok. It also reminds me of Naomi Campbell perfume (the chocolate smelling one) a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by MacNW45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sooo, in the beginning this perfume was a big disappointment as I got the wrong bottle, I really wanted the original Hypnotic Poison for its bitter almond smell. Paired with vanilla it makes the most wonderful fragrance.
However, after a couple of uses I've found this perfume absolutely great! All the deep sweetness and warm femininity of it is cut by the subtility of leather and tobacco/Havana cigars. It's a very rich fragrance, I absolutely love it. The glass bottle is a piece of art!
There's not a single thing that I dislike about this fragrance.
Try to spray it on a denim jacket, it goes SO well with the natural smell of denim!
Will I buy it again? I don't know yet. I am not hesitating because I didn't like it but because I really want the bitter almond scent of the original perfume. But since these two versions are similar and both quite pricey, I would probably end up choosing the original version. Otherwise, in a perfect world of bunnies and rainbows, I would buy them both.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Deliten

Such a beautiful perfume, that is fit for both day and nighttime. It has such a wonderful creamy aroma, and is more of an exotic, floral vanilla than a gourmand one. It does project well, but it more lingers around you than suffocates and overwhelms. Lasting power is good, not great. I love it and my boyfriend does too!=)

If you want a dupe for this one that is a lot cheaper - go for TBS Madagascan Vanilla. That one is slightly sweeter and lacks the complexity of Eau Sensuelle, but it does have a similar scent. And since they don't offer a bodylotion or showergel with this scent (only with the original hypnotic one, which i dislike) I chose to buy the ones from TBS. Smells lovely layered!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Winglessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a long time user of the original version of this scent and was just gifted a bottle of this one. It is smoother and more subtle than the original Hypnotic Poison, with shades of Deep Red but longer lasting. I suspect this will become a favourite very quickly! Delicious and seductive, another CD hit in my opinion :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I have an intense dislike of the original hypnotic poison, so when I ordered a large decant of the eau sensuelle flanker, I wasn't expecting much. Boy was I pleasantly surprised when within the second day of testing this I found myself completely in love with it.

Like its namesake this perfume is built around a rich, deep vanilla. But unlike the original HP, this vanilla is not so sweet and gourmand, it is creamier, balanced nicely by sandalwood, musk and something woody. There is no licorice or root beer notes. Instead you get a medley of florals, orchid and tuberose and jasmine that deepens the complexity and sexiness of the vanilla. It's really just gorgeous.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by sabriel14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally bought myself a bottle of this today after wanting it for months. I think it is better than the original HP. The original has a burning rubber smell for about 15 minutes when first sprayed but settles into a yummy smoky vanilla. HPES is smoother, doesn't have that burning rubber smell but still has that wonderful smoky vanilla dry down.
It feels like this was made just for me. It's perfect. Lots of vanilla (without being sickly sweet), woodsy, florally (without too many flowers). Everything that let HP down has been tweaked in this for the better. This is everything HP should have been.
5 lippies all the way!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Perfumefan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle and to my surprise I prefer it over the original Hypnotic Poison. I like the original HP, but it's never been love, mainly because it doesn't develop on my skin: it smells exactly the same from the beginning to the end.

HP Eau Sensuelle opens with a beautiful bouquet of creamy, almost buttery white flowers, with an undercurrent of sweet vanilla and the distinct almond note from the original HP. Fresh orange blossom balances out the narcotic sweetness of ylang-ylang, tuberose and vanilla orchid.
After about an hour, the ylang-ylang really starts to bloom, projecting its anisy/licoricy spiciness into the vanilla and almond goodness that's still present.
About three hours later the vanilla has deepened. I still get whiffs of white flowers, and at times I can swear I smell white chocolate. There's also an ever so slightly 'dirty' salty amber note, that offsets the sweetness of the vanilla. It becomes more prominent in the ultimate drydown and I find it very sexy. Beneath all these layers there's the softest veil of musk and the tiniest touch of slightly soapy sandalwood. Beautiful, just beautiful.

In my humble opinion HP Eau Sensuelle is the best 'modern' perfume Dior has to offer. I don't know how Francois Demachy did it, but while so many flankers are watered down versions of the original, he managed to actually improve this perfume. The whole composition is so interesting from the beginning to the end, and so perfectly balanced. He left the exotic warm almondy/vanilla base of the original scent intact, amped up the complexity and softened it up a bit. The end result is a classy powdery comfort scent that develops in stages and melts into your skin, leaving a soft vanillic trail.
Staying power and sillage are excellent on me. One spray goes a looong way and lasts all day.

Now, is this worth buying if you already own the original Hypnotic Poison? I think it is, especially if HP is one of your favorites. While they share the gourmandy almondy/vanilla goodness, they are different enough to justify owning both. The Eau Sensuelle version is a bit easier to wear and therefore more versatile (office, etc.), while the original HP, to me, is more suited for winter evening wear, with its heavier wood and musk notes.

I have literally smelled thousands of perfumes (lol) and I can truly say that HP Eau Sensuelle, apart from the original HP, doesn't smell like any other perfume. Still, just for reference: if you love perfumes along the lines of Annick Goutal Songes, Coty Vanilla Fields, Rochas Tocade, Christian Dior Dolce Vita, or even Lancome Hypnose (EDT), I think you might like HP Eau Sensuelle. All totally different animals, but to my nose they do have some things in common.
Fragrance-guru Michael Edwards suggests HP Eau Sensuelle as an alternative for Givenchy Organza, Givenchy Ysatis, and Parfums de Nicolai Juste un RÍve.

The only drawback of HP Eau Sensuelle is the price. I bought it on vacation in Paris when it was just released in Europe, and the 3.4 oz (100 ml) bottle set me back 87 euros (115 USD). But since you need so little to smell wonderful all day, I do think it's worth it. Dior still hasn't released this in the US, but you can get it discounted online now, on Ebay, Fragrancenet, FragranceX, PerfumeEmporium and the likes.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by allred

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The opening floral notes are lovely, especially the orange flower which reminds me of sherbet... I even get a whiff of the original's almond note at first, though it's not listed. But then it becomes pure sandalwood on my skin, and I don't care much for it. Eventually that softens into a woody vanilla-musk which is good, but not great. Bummed that I paid so much for it. EDIT: I'm enjoying it more; I just don't sniff deeply during the sandalwood stage, but the vanilla drydown is enjoyable and lasts well. Still disappointed that the florals don't last a little longer.