September 21, 2014 | 951 users online

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is currently my favorite mascara. It gives loads ands loads of volume without clumping. I am truly amazed because it has a very wet formula and I was scared of clumping. This mascara also makes my eyelashes appear longer than usual. Another great thing about this mascara is that it holds the curl a lot better than other mascaras, and if you have straight lashes like me, the curl is really important.
What I don't like is that it smudges a bit more than other mascaras I've used. If it wasn't for the smudging this would probably be the best mascara of all time. I'm a bit scared how bad the smudging is going to be now that summer is coming. Another little negative thing is the smell. It smells pretty strong and chemical when you apply it. But the smell goes away after a couple of minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by astrael_nyx

Overall, this is another great Lash Queen mascara from HR. I'm a devotee of the Lash Queen Waterproof (it's my HG mascara) and its ability to hold a curl all day, even with my short, stubby, stick-straight East Asian lashes and this is similar.

LQSB has endurance, similar to the LQWP, as well as volumizing and lengthening effects. It flakes very little. It does, like the LQWP, leave a a bit raccoon effect, but only after 10-12 hours of wear.The difference is that the LQSB is wetter than the LQWP, which then has the unfortunate effect of "gluing" lashes together (which require combing out) after a second coat. However, the combed out effect is more delicate than the LQWP and is less clumpy.

LQSB requires a bit more handiwork than LQWP for myself, but that might be chalked up to the different brush, which I'm still figuring out how to use properly (despite viewing the tutorial on the HR website).

The packaging is incredibly gorgeous. The floral lace applique on the matte gold-tone tube is immediately arresting. However, for me, packaging isn't all that important, so it's neither a pro nor a con for me.

I wouldn't buy this again, but only because LQWP is my HG and the application is so easy for me now and LQSB is a bit fussier.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mariangelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
1. Eye catching packaging!
2. The brush is pretty innovative with a nice curve in the middle
3. It gives both length(medium) and volume
Cons
Usually clumps my lashes. That's why I give 4 stars to this mascara because it doesn't always keep my lashes seperated.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Eleanorswanoyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! Gives volume and length, and makes my lashes fluttery. It might get a bit clumpy sometimes, but is easily fixed with an eyelash curler and tissues.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by amilia5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice product. Deserves a 4.5 out of 5. It's slightly better than Dior Extase (which i think is a superior product than all the other mascaras I have tried atm - What I have tried: Dior, Estee, YSL, Revlon, Clinique, MAC, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Prestige, Max Factor, Chanel. What I still want to try: Armani, Givenchy.)
The brush is a similar shape to the Extase brush, but the product consistency is less thick, so it's able to coat the lashes better.

My lashes are still recovering after years of eyelash extensions and false eyelashes (4 years of being ripped out). They are growing back a lot better than I thought they would be able, and this mascara compliments them well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by jadorelechoc

This is my HG mascara, gives me longer, separated and intensely black fluttery lashes, and that's all I ask for. It never bleeds or crumbles (and I have oily eyelids). I'm not sure if it's its curvy hourglass shaped brush or its formula, but I really love it.
It's as expensive as any other high end mascara but the result makes it worth it for me. Beats any Chanel one I've tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What is said about the product:

Inspired by lace, lingerie and sensual curves, LASH QUEEN SEXY BLACKS offers your eyes an indecent proposal.
Push-up lashes and devastating volume, your eyes look sexier than ever thanks to this mascara's 90-60-90 brush inspired by voluptuous, perfect feminine curves, and its volumizing formula.
An absolute must, LASH QUEEN SEXY BLACKS is resolutely feminine and takes on the most delicate of looks. Like lingerie, a black lace corset envelops the golden metallic tube in the way the finesse and soft-touch of lace adorn a woman's skin.
Sensual velvet feel to the touch, never seen before on a mascara.

Sexy blacks has been on my wishlist ever since I read the raving here on MA. Yes, the reviews were few, on MA and online in general, but I had faith! The only downside was the price: I thought it was expensive as f*ck, but picked it up at the Tax Free since it's much cheaper there. First I must say that the packaging is definitely one of the things that makes it so expensive. The tube itself is very luxurious and sturdy in a light gold color, adorned with black lace. It's classy and cute, but not tacky and overdone, which is rare in the cosmetic world. One of the few mascaras I would proudly leave to show on my bathroom counter.

So it looks like a million dollar mascara on the outside, but what about the content inside the pretty tube? Well, it pretty much rocked my world. The wand is in a feathery material clearly made for volumizing the lashes and has an unique shape, close to fairy drops scandal queen, but this looks less scary. The formulation of the mascara itself is just the right combination of not too wet, but not too dry, and it gives both volume and length and has a velvety feel to it while I comb it trough my lashes. It doesn't separate the lashes to an extreme extent, but that's to be expected since it's made for volume, and not purely length. I have medium length lashes, and this made them look fuller and longer. I just loved how I could build and build, even after it was dry and applied hours ago, and the result would still look ah-mazing. It kind of reminded me of Lancome's hypnose, but this was less wet and way easier to work with. And oh, it doesn't smear or budge thorough the day, even in the summer. How fantastic is that? The price is high, but so is the quality of this product, which totally justifies it in my opinion.

So Lancome, Cover Girl, Max Factor and every other mascara brand can just go cry themselves a river in my opinion. Because I never thought I would be able to say this, but I finally found it: My HG mascara :,) So my beauty must have, my sexy blacks, I'm sorry about the crap I used to smear on my lashes before I met you. I swear on my beauty stash that we will never part, no matter how expensive you are.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by annli123

Amazing mascara, I've tried the Dior Show Iconic and Chanel Inimitable before I bought this Helena Rubinstein one. I must say the best so far! Great for holding the curl and separation, I'm asian and my lashes are very stubborn, they don't like to hold curls even if I use my eyelash curler, so I'm always on the look out for a mascara that will give me curly lashes. This mascara is actually amazing! My lashes are curly and still looks natural, of course this depends on the amount of times you coat your lashes.
down sides come on nothings perfect, tacking packaging, which I can deal with.
It does contain parabens, which is not ideal.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I own the Feather version of this mascara, which I love. It doesn't get clogs on the lashes, gives a nice colour and makes my lashes look curved and long, the perfect mascara for me!