September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Liquiline Blast - Brown Blaze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was suprised to see some of the negative reviews for this eyeliner. I was looking for a good drugstore brand that I could interchange with my more expensive higher end eyeliners. I wanted a dark brown, but not the brown/black ones that I found with UD, MUFE and Too-Faced.

I think this eyeliner has great staying power. I put it on and then set it with dark brown eyeshadow. I don't use the smudger tip. If I want to do any smudging, I have great brushes that can work very well. I also don't use this on my waterline. That's not to say that it can't be used on the waterline. It's just that I use the MAC Kohl Feline eye pencil for my waterline. This is like my every day top and bottom lid eyeliner that does its job.

I do wish that the pencil was bigger. It's a small eyeliner, so it won't last as long as full size eyeliners. That is my only complaint. I have only used the Brown Blaze shade and think it's the perfect dark brown color. I got tired of paying so much money for higher end eyeliner pencils. I do have MAC's Powerpoint eye pencil in Stubborn Brown. That was my go to eyeliner until I bought this one from Cover Girl. I like to interchange using both of these products. That way my MAC pencil lasts longer. Both eyeliners work well to give me the look that I want.

I would also like to add that I have had no problem with sharpening this product. I bought a very inexpensive little sharpener at Sephora that works beautifully to sharpen my eyeliner pencils. This Cover Girl liquiline eyeliner can be purchased at Target or Wal-Mart for just under $7. Even if it only lasts a few months, I feel that I have gotten my money's worth and honestly can't tell the difference between this one and the MAC pencil when I have it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The pigmentation of this eyeliner is great. It is also really creamy and smooth, and stays on all day without smudging, but I don't have problems with oily eyelids. I like the smudge side of the pencil, as I find it helps with "erasing" mistakes. The only downside is that the pencil is really soft so it is hard to sharpen, hence you run out of eyeliner pretty fast. It's also hard to get a precise line with this, since it's quite thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by thechain

This is the very drugstore eyeliner I've purchased in a while, and I'm very glad that I did. The colour is a dark brown, that is very complimentary to my blue eyes. However, I do not find that it lasts very long on its own. With a primer it will last for a typical work day, which is all I need it to do. If you're used to using liners with a smaller "point", you will need to use a little bit of caution when you first use this liner. It's easy to over-apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by truelily

Good product, I like the little "sponge" at the end to buff your make up, great for smoky eyes. Only problem is that the liner itself will last just a couple times before its finished... Because of that, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by annhf24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best drugstore eyeliner I have found. Lasts all day. I apply it with a light touch, and make sure it's sharpened, and I do not have problems with it being too thick. Perfect matte opaque brown colors. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a very decent shade in the Liquiline product. Some of these, such as the Plum color, are very hard to blend and tug at the eyelid upon application. However, this Brown shade applies smoothly and very opaque. It appear almost a rich dark chocolate brown, very true to the packaging. This liner did not fade on me after the work day, still was about 100% still there and about 90% as vibrant as in the morning, which is very good performance for a drug store eye liner. I recommend these as a quick and cheap basic brown liner.

I feel like it is very similar in creamyness and color to the Revlon Grow Luscious eyeliner in Espresso, which is only slightly (0.25") longer. Both pencils need to be sharpened often in order to maintain a point because of how creamy they are. Although the Revlon pencil seems to have slightly lower reviews? Maybe because of the expectation of lash growth.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kirium911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great pencil eyeliner that really does look like a liquid/gel eye liner. I have tried liquid liners, gel liners and this pencil eye liner comes really close to a great gel liner I've used (MAC). Great thing about this liner is that it's easy to apply, it's a creamy pencil that glides on smooth and it comes with a smudger on the other end if you want to create a smoky eye. i wear this as my everyday eye liner because it's quick and easy to apply and will last the whole day. The liner may smudge a little bit, but i don't apply a primer or anything and most of the time i don't even set it with a powder...and it still lasts the whole day with little to no fade in color. It's fairly inexpensive (about $7-$8), but I do find that it goes by fairly fast, I think i go through a pencil in about 3 months or so. Great eyeliner if you're looking for a liquid/gel like look, but with less of the hassle to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by surfplum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice drugstore eyeliner. It's super creamy and I like the fact that it comes with a smudge brush on the end. I actually prefer this liner over Revlon's colorstay, and I think I'm going to repurchase in a couple of other colors. I found that this liner is best on top of the lashes instead of the waterline and the smudger is nice for the bottom lashes. I wouldn't recommend this for the inner rims/waterline because it doesn't give a sharp, defining line. The formula is so creamy that I think it makes the inner rims a little messy, plus the pencil is thick so it's hard to get a nice line on that area. I def think that this liner is best for lining the outside and smudging the corners so it looks natural, and almost smoky. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by drack

I have been searching for a good eyeliner. I really like this one. I wish it was more like 4 bucks instead of 7 but oh well. i have the brown and it looks really good even on the waterline. it stays pretty well. a few hours later its not perfectly in the same place but its not gone or under your eyes. i also wear contacts and it doesnt dry out my eyes at all

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best brown eyeliner I've tried. I can't believe it's been under my nose all this time. The color is beautiful! It's so hard to find a brown liner that doesn't have any mica (shimmer) in it. This one is nice and flat brown. It's deep and sultry, yet warm and not too harsh.
It's pigmented and long lasting too, and it wears well on the waterline. Just might be my HG brown! Definitely going to repurchase :)