July 28, 2014 | 1099 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by MysteriousMagicalMUAer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the shade ''naturally neutral.'' I have NW10-15ish skin & the coloring of this powder is perfect for me. It's the perfect powder for my oily skin, doesn't break me out, doesn't oxidize, & doesn't cake up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by XalisaheartsmakeupX

Love this stuff!! Been looking for a powder that actually covers but doesn't look cakey and this is the one! I have it in translucent extra coverage. I don't mind the smell at all and I can see why this powder has been around so long it's definitely my HG :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I bought this powder in translucent extra at my local Walmart. I checked online first to see if they had it at this Walmart and it is of a limited supply, but it's only around $6. Can't beat the price! I only saw a pretty tiny shelf supply of these, but I hope they they continue selling this! I read that translucent works on all skin tones and using a good powder would make skin look smooth and even. When I opened the adorable packaging, there was a sticker that blocked the holes, so there is no need to punch the powder yourself. The smell is a bit too strong for my liking, but you need to put a little powder on at a time so that it's not overwhelming. It does come with an adorable puff for a smooth application as well. I really liked how it looked on my skin and it is an excellent product. I wish the cap were a screw-on type cap, but it's not. I'd be careful if you were to travel with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As boasted 'Coty Airspun luminous translucent' loose powder truly has a buttery smooth feeling that I am ecstatic about. I'm not crazy over the plastic cover over it . It is really tough and hard to cut through. This is not the same vintage product that some fondly remember and even though it is fragrance free it has isopropyl palmitate as the third ingredient.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder is truly wonderful! It provides light coverage as others have stated, so don't purchase if you are expecting a foundation, although it'd be perfect if you have good skin. I have oily skin and it controls it quite well. It also makes the skin as smooth as velvet, more so than any other powder I have used.

I didn't find the scent offensive at all as some other reviews have said, I thought it was a charming vintage scent, like sweet baby powder. It faded after 10 minutes on me. I have it in the shade "Naturelle" which is a true ivory shade akin to Nars Chantilly, so don't get that one unless you have true ivory colored skin. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent Extra Coverage 070-41 for $6 or 7 from Kmart. This is a very fine powder that I both use as a foundation & to set my makeup on days I wear liquid/crème foundation. This powder essentially does provide coverage, but it's nothing extraordinary. I admit I didn't keep in mind that this is just a face powder; I was expecting literal coverage like a powder foundation—that's my fault. Naturally, the powder does cover more than most others, but it's not wow-worthy.

I mostly use this as a finishing powder, but as I mentioned, it can be worn alone if you have oily skin like I do & need to cut down on shine. Airspin doesn't particularly last long on my skin. To be fair, though, I do have seriously oily skin & the majority of powders don't stay on my face for an extended period of time. I have to reapply throughout the day & I don't like to do that because although the shade I got is translucent, it leaves a white cast on my face if I touch up too much or use a heavy hand applying. I simply use the puffy applicator provided.

My two complaints are the borderline bad smell & the fact that I can't take this out with me. It's messed up to say, but it DOES smell "like Grandma." The scent is very strong, but it does fade away. The packaging doesn't allow this powder to be carried around. The lid does not screw on/off or snap open/closed—it just lifts up & off the container. As I'm sure I don't have to tell say, you don't want to take the risk of it "exploding" inside your purse or cosmetic bag. Overall, this is a good everyday powder if you have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Well, I love this powder and it's "grandmother" scent! I use this in translucent. It's sets well with any foundation. Smooths out any imperfections and keeps any shine at bay. The affordable price is a plus! I wish the packaging was more convenient for on the go. Either way this will forever be a staple in my makeup collection :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by naturalbeaut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this powder! It sets any foundation perfectly! I have very fair skin and it is often hard to get a good match, so the light translucent powder looks perfect! Flawless, build-able coverage! I love the vintage, classic smell, even though it is admittedly a bit strong. It does fade however. The scent is very feminine and is part of what I love about the few vintage beauty products we still have today. A must for your vintage beauty routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Tokamohamed

a m a z i n g !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Lmartinez90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product when all the beauty gurus were raving about it. Overall it's a great setting powder. Also a good formula. It covers well without the cakiness. I would definitely buy again. Just love love it. The only con I found was the the smell. It's a very strong perfume smell but once it's on and what not I don't smell it. And I've notice a few people complaining about the cotton puff applicator. I do no use it. I wouldn't even consider it a con because I just use my MAC powder brush.