April 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun face powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by JasminBodine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm 16 and I always have a horrible time with finding the right powder that doesn't come off easily or breaks my skin out. But this is the only brand I can use that doesn't mess with my skin, only makes it look and feel smoother and doesn't make my acne worse. The other good thing about this powder is, I have ALWAYS had a hard time finding the right color powder because I am so pale, but so far this powder is the only powder that matches my skin perfectly and doesn't make me look orange like the others. It lasts almost all day too. I put it on around 5 in the morning before school and around 1 in the afternoon I have to do a little touch up around my nose. But other than a bit of touch ups, it lasts all day.
It's light weight, feels great, and it has a baby powder smell (very strong smell but still smells good). I have been using this powder for about 2-3 years now and I love it. I wouldn't ever use any other powder. I recommend this to my friends all the time and they love it too. Also, use your own powder brush, the one they put in it does not work well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by lady931

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The fragrance is horrible--like an old lady in the worst way (and I'm 62!). I can't stand to be associated with a cloying, creepy scent like that. The whole bathroom smells of it though I was careful to use only a touch on my face. And the awful scent lingers in my nose. A nightmare. I threw it out immediately for two reasons: 1) the old "lady scent" is intolerable, and 2), it's made in China, a country whose manufacturing standards I don't trust--especially not on my face!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the translucent extra coverage version. It does an excellent job of controlling oil and excess shine. It doesn't leave a cakey appearance, but it does have a strong scent. Luckily it is tolerable for me. I found mine at Walmart for about $5.99. One con I can say that it has is the packaging. It comes with a powder puff that doesn't distribuet the powder well onto my face. The holes also release too much powder. I took the advice of others and left the clear sticker on and poked my own holes that way not too much powder is wasted or spilt. It worked like a charm. I also recommend using your own favorite face powder brush. So far, it hasn't broke me out or clogged my pores. Crossing my fingers on this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- oil control
- amount of product
- matte finish
- adds coverage

CONS

- scent

COMMENTS: I have the original in translucent extra coverage. The smell is definitely...strong, but very reminiscent of my mother's old makeup (very nostalgic). That being said, it's a great powder if you have oily skin. It adds some coverage and gives a lovely matte finish. There's a lot of product in the container, so it'll last you a while. It's a great, cheap buy for sure - just make sure you poke a few holes before removing the plastic covering to prevent too much powder from coming out of it or apply tape to the areas you want covered. You'll have more control when using this (and this applies to any loose powder).

Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by vivthai

I really don't care too much fir the packaging. The puff is like a big flat cotton ball. Feels very much like a cotton ball and is flat. The smell really doesn't bother b/c the product is great! However the color is bad. Ithink most of the colors are way paler for alot of girls so If your fair skin then this is prob perfect. My opinion is this is a good powder to set for oil or in general to set... But it has good coverage to look very flawless WITHOUT LOOKING CAKEY so over all my only problem is the color I just which there would be shades warmer or darker not pink toned. I find this product to be a rare find but if u see it buy it! I have rosy beige and it is pale and pink toned for my warm toned asian medium skin color so it doesn't work well if you don't have the correct shade

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by WormEatsBird

This powder was really really nice, it made me look flawless, but the smell was so strong I got a headache shortly after using it! That never happens to me and I'm not scent sensitive. I did use this while I was sick so maybe that's why I had a headache, I will try it again and update if I have better experience regarding the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this product!!!!!! This is by far the best loose powder on the market and once I discovered it I never went back to any other brand of loose powder!!! In a word this product is amazing!!!!

This is by far the best powder for setting your foundation and making it last all day! it repels moisture, humidity, sweat and all the things that can make your makeup look gross throughout the day. The texture of this powder is also super amazing it is AIRSPUN which means it is milled very, very fine and then is spun in the air which gives it the texture of silk!!!! It glides on and it doesn't have that coarse grainy texture that so many other loose powders have. Also this powder is truly translucent and blends beautifully with my light skin without giving me an artificial or orangey look which is a huge plus! This product also makes my face look gloriously matte without a hint of shine which is the whole reason I wear loose powder in the first place. The smell is a little grandma like but it's not unpleasant and actually doesn't bother me.....this is definitely my HG loose powder!!!!!

For those of you that prefer a matte finish to your face and want to keep that look going all day without any problems then I highly recommend Coty Airspun Loose Powder it is the best loose powder you will ever use!!!!!! Better then any high end product on the planet!!!! Get yourself over to CVS or Walgreens and get yourself some!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by tsc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love it. I wear the translucent powder over a light coverage BB cream, it's a very fresh look and stays on all day. My face doesn't get oily, I like the smell, both my grandma and my mom have used this powder at some point in their lives, so it's very nostalgic!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by vsuzanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Best powder ever!! It makes my skin glow and look flawless without a cakey look. It keeps my skin from getting oily throughout the day and minimizes my pores. The smell doesn't bother me....you can only smell it for about 10 seconds anyway. I used to be able to find it in stores but just recently I had to order online. I'm so afraid it's going to get discontinued all together. Let's all write the company and beg them not to! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read rly good reviews about this powder and Youtube beauty gurus raving about this product and how it was being discontinued. So I took the plunge and purchased this powder and hoped for the best. I was very skeptical I tried several face powders from MAC and disliked them all. But when I tried this it literally changed my life. My skin is very very oily and this powder keeps my face matte all day and like others said your face looks absolutely flawless and perfect. My makeup stays put and looks so beautiful. My new holy grail face powder!!! Highly recommend! Get your hands on this powder its absolutely amazing! The only con is I didn't try this sooner! Obsessed with this product. HOLY GRAIL POWDER!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No