September 19, 2014 | 1830 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

I really wanted to like this, but I will be returning because of two reasons. Translucent is not translucent at all. It's pink-toned and i'm very picky with foundations/powders that add the slightest pink to my makeup. And also, i just couldn't get past the smell. If you don't mind the color or the smell, i'd definitely recommend this powder. It's very finely milled and inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

The hype for this product is so warranted. It is absolutely my favorite face powder. I put it on with the puff and use a powder brush to sweep off any excess. It looks natural and matte and doesn't enlarge pores or look streaky like so many other powders can. My foundation looks flawless all day, I can go at least 8 hours without having to touch up. The scent is very strong and "old lady-like" is indeed an appropriate descriptor, but I honestly don't mind it. Bottom line, this product is super affordable and to me, a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am oily/combo and always need to set whatever foundation I am wearing with a powder. Coty is one of the better powders I've used. First of all, you get a massive amount of product for only like $6 or $7. Second, it's very finely milled and doesn't give you that very cakey, powdery look that many powders give, no matter how much you put on. I just buff it around my whole face with a RT powder brush and I am good to go. Sure, my nose does get a little shiny throughout the day but it does that even when I'm not wearing makeup but it's not an oil slick, and the rest of my face stays matte. This powder works well with any foundation I use.

Yes, the powder does have a very perfumey smell but I don't mind it. It wears off quite quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best setting powder in the world. I get it in translucent, but accidentally bought the other lightest shade, and it was cakier. There is zero color, but it turns my face to perfection over foundation. There is no better setting powder for concealer (tried that one Bobby Brown concealer with its own powder. Gross), no better mattifying powder (everything else I have ever tried cakes. This doesn't). It's so absurdly cheap that I have two more, so they will all last me for another 8 years or so. There is nothing better out there. Nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by MysteriousMagicalMUAer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the shade ''naturally neutral.'' I have NW10-15ish skin & the coloring of this powder is perfect for me. It's the perfect powder for my oily skin, doesn't break me out, doesn't oxidize, & doesn't cake up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by XalisaheartsmakeupX

Love this stuff!! Been looking for a powder that actually covers but doesn't look cakey and this is the one! I have it in translucent extra coverage. I don't mind the smell at all and I can see why this powder has been around so long it's definitely my HG :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I bought this powder in translucent extra at my local Walmart. I checked online first to see if they had it at this Walmart and it is of a limited supply, but it's only around $6. Can't beat the price! I only saw a pretty tiny shelf supply of these, but I hope they they continue selling this! I read that translucent works on all skin tones and using a good powder would make skin look smooth and even. When I opened the adorable packaging, there was a sticker that blocked the holes, so there is no need to punch the powder yourself. The smell is a bit too strong for my liking, but you need to put a little powder on at a time so that it's not overwhelming. It does come with an adorable puff for a smooth application as well. I really liked how it looked on my skin and it is an excellent product. I wish the cap were a screw-on type cap, but it's not. I'd be careful if you were to travel with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As boasted 'Coty Airspun luminous translucent loose powder' truly has a buttery smooth feeling that I am ecstatic about. I'm not crazy over the plastic cover over it though It is really tough and hard to cut through. This is not the same vintage product that some fondly remember and even though it is fragrance free it has isopropyl palmitate as the third ingredient.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder is truly wonderful! It provides light coverage as others have stated, so don't purchase if you are expecting a foundation, although it'd be perfect if you have good skin. I have oily skin and it controls it quite well. It also makes the skin as smooth as velvet, more so than any other powder I have used.

I didn't find the scent offensive at all as some other reviews have said, I thought it was a charming vintage scent, like sweet baby powder. It faded after 10 minutes on me. I have it in the shade "Naturelle" which is a true ivory shade akin to Nars Chantilly, so don't get that one unless you have true ivory colored skin. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent Extra Coverage 070-41 for $6 or 7 from Kmart. This is a very fine powder that I both use as a foundation & to set my makeup on days I wear liquid/crème foundation. This powder essentially does provide coverage, but it's nothing extraordinary. I admit I didn't keep in mind that this is just a face powder; I was expecting literal coverage like a powder foundation—that's my fault. Naturally, the powder does cover more than most others, but it's not wow-worthy.

I mostly use this as a finishing powder, but as I mentioned, it can be worn alone if you have oily skin like I do & need to cut down on shine. Airspin doesn't particularly last long on my skin. To be fair, though, I do have seriously oily skin & the majority of powders don't stay on my face for an extended period of time. I have to reapply throughout the day & I don't like to do that because although the shade I got is translucent, it leaves a white cast on my face if I touch up too much or use a heavy hand applying. I simply use the puffy applicator provided.

My two complaints are the borderline bad smell & the fact that I can't take this out with me. It's messed up to say, but it DOES smell "like Grandma." The scent is very strong, but it does fade away. The packaging doesn't allow this powder to be carried around. The lid does not screw on/off or snap open/closed—it just lifts up & off the container. As I'm sure I don't have to tell say, you don't want to take the risk of it "exploding" inside your purse or cosmetic bag. Overall, this is a good everyday powder if you have oily skin.