Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

on 9/30/2015 7:24:00 PM

In spite of all the postive reviews, I'm not a fan of this powder. It looks great when I first put it on but just a few hours later it looks cakey under my eyes, and the oil from the blackheads on my nose very obviously seeps out (not cute). Sometimes even applying it will mess up the foundation underneath. I give it two lippies for the packaging (very pretty, but VERY hard to open) and a good price, so if this works well on you you're getting a great value.

on 9/17/2015 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this to set my Estee Lauder liquid foundation. I have tried other high end brands of setting powders and this by far is my holy grail and the price is amazing. I believe around $5. after using this as a setting powder it does control oil very well, If you are like me and you are not so fond of the very matt chalky look, I like more J-lo glow especially applying highlighters after, I just use the MAC prep prime fix spray after wards. It does have a smell to it but I do not mind personally. Some call it the "old lady smell" lol its not strong enough for it to bother me and it goes away when your natural oils set your makeup in. I personally somewhat feel more fresh and pampered with the fragrance. I am not to fond of the packaging, NOTE do not throw away the puffer or the sticker, a lot of product comes out so you want to control that by only cutting some of the sticker off so you have more control of how much product comes out. I hope you love it as much as I do.

on 8/31/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing so many youtubers using it. I bought the extra coverage translucent one. After I got it home I was surprised by the size, it was rreeeaaally big for only six or seven bucks at Walmart. I used it the next morning, my only cons are #1 it is a loose powder, which has less chemicals than pressed, but it's a little more messy. I turn my container upside down with the lid still on give it a few taps and take the lid off, you should have enough in there, with little mess, #2 the packaging is bulky, hard to store in my makeup drawer but it's also a lot of powder so you win and lose. Now onto the actual powder review. The powder is great for me, one of my new faves, no oil on my t-zone after hours of wearing it to school and for the day, even when I go to wash it off at night there's only a light, I mean liiigghhhtt sheen. So I really like that, the coverage is moderate, not the best, not the worst, I mainly count on my foundation and concealer to cover everything, so this is more of a setting powder for me. Also, a big problem most people have is smell. I don't mind it, but it can sometimes be overpowering. It does have a distinct smell, so if you have a sensitive nose you might want to get the unscented one. I sometimes catch a wift of it in the first hour, after that it fades so no worries. Overall this is an amazing powder, setting for me, and I will definitely continue using. The size, quality, and price is just right for me.

on 8/29/2015 11:34:00 PM

Wow this is a surprisingly good powder! It works better than some of the high end loose powders that I have tried for way less money, I only paid $6 at WalMart. What makes this an awesome product is it's unbeatable longevity on the skin, it lasted a good 6 hours with no shine on my combination skin, I didn't need a mid-day blot with powder and that's a first. This stuff also leaves your skin looking airbrushed and soft not dry and overly matte like some powders can. I am NW20 and this powder in shade " naturally neutral" complements my skin tone nicely. So glad I found a great product that saves me lots of money for other things that must have.

on 8/24/2015 12:21:00 AM

Hell ya I'd buy this again. Thinking I'll buy more just in case they become rare. I purchased two (transparent and naturally neutral) on eBay for about $8 US each. I always have shiny skin - goes oily greasy yucky within hours of leaving the house, defies the efforts of professional m/u artists to quell my shine during a video shoot.

Finding a product like this has been HG for me. I've had it only a few days but used it immediately and couldn't believe how well this worked for me (using the transparent one - haven't tried the neutral yet). It's hot, it's summer and i had a full day of different outdoor social gatherings to go to yesterday. Light SPF moisturizer, then I applied the powder before and after my Almay CC cream 35 SPF, and left the house at 10 am. Got home at 8 pm with no touch ups, no blotting, and my face still looked creamy and no ugly shine! Whaaa!? AND I got compliments all day long, people saying how good I bright sun and all ha I knew I had beat the battle of my most vexing beauty foe!

I will not speak about the scent or the packaging - with a product like this I couldn't care less if it smelled like Wild Growth Hair Oil and came in an old boot. This product rocks. I will comment on how reasonably priced it is (I immediately threw out all my old powders which didn't work anyway) how versatile it is (went out for a very early morning walk and just patted this on my morning face and left. My skin just looked great) and how much you get - it will last forever because you need so little - especially because you don't have to keep applying it. It tones down any redness in my skin, makes my pores disappear, smooths out my complexion to china doll perfection and looks natural all day. I'm stunned. And I feel beautiful and confident about my appearance again! This makes me feel polished and like a lady. (I had totally been craving for a retro powder and large puff "experience" after watching a bunch of movies from the early 40's and the woman and their huge powder puffs. Thank you MUA for helping me find this gem!

To travel with this I will dispense into a loadable retractable brush. The transparent is slightly light for tanned summer skin, but I can probably get away with it in winter. For now I just brush on a little Mystura powder, or bronzer, or do some light contouring, and blush as needed to.

Also if you use too much and look powdery, cakey and flat, buff it out and just spritz on Avene Eau thermale Thermal Spring Water in a can. Fresh, fresh, fresh!

on 8/23/2015 9:16:00 PM

First thing...something in here irritated my I can't keep using it. BUT wow this did give me flawless looking pinup girl skin! And the smell...I hate it on me. But it reminds me of my favorite teacher back in grade school in the early 80's. She was young, eager, very sweet & the prettiest lady I had ever seen up to that point. She smelled like this was a surreal flashback when I put it on. So if you don't have a reaction & don't mind the scent...try this! It is a cheap gem! I got mine at Walgreens.

on 8/18/2015 12:39:00 AM

Ok, so, oily (as in greasy-grimy-gopher-guts) girls, listen up. Buy this. Just do it.

Start with the Con. The smell sucks. It's like old lady perfumed, and pretty intense when you first apply it, but since I still use this and overlook such a tragic flaw, it must be worth it.

I am a greasy girl, always have been, and at 35 it seems I always will be. I've tried all the fancy powders and oil absorbing products. Meh.

The MUFE HD Powder was another expensive lie sold to me.

I've been fairly makeup free for several years as a stay at home mom, but this last month I picked up a part-time job at a certain red-themed retailer with giant red balls in the parking lot.

Standing, walking, lifting, and stocking is sweaty, grease-making business. The first few days I tried one of my various SAHM go-to foundations and powders, only to be left a disgusting, slimy mess that had 0 appearance of any makeup (not in a good way). I looked like a troll that crawled out of the muck at the end of even the shortest days.

After reading reviews here, I decided this one was worth a try. I can't tell you the last time I used a loose colored powder.

I applied using the Wayne Goss method (powder under foundation, then again to set) along with Bare Escentuals Bare Skin. I used the included pouf and left the sticker on the holes, just poking a few open with a needle.

Stinky as hell, very nice looking finish (I'm shocked!). Even better, I looked practically perfect after my 6 hour shift!!! I looked great after an 8 hour shift!! I could honestly go on a date with my after work face. I also didn't feel the need to rush home to bathe.

This is holy grail. I feel like I've wasted so many years and spent so much money on empty promises to control or remove the excess oil, when all along it was right there in this overlooked cotton covered box of powder.

Packaging has been updated to plastic, but the lid does not screw on, so beware when traveling. I wish it would come unscented, but it's a small price to pay (and it does wear off) for the results.

on 8/17/2015 4:18:00 AM

after hearing a lot of good things about it, i decided to give it a go. i purchased it at my local walmart for $6.98 in the shade translucent. tbe packaging is bulky but there is a lot of product. overall though, it gives m

on 7/25/2015 2:52:00 PM

I love using this to set my under eyes! When I use this my concealer never creases! Definitely recommend

on 7/18/2015 1:39:00 AM

First off, I can't believe they still make this. I remember my aunt using this back in the 70's, but that is cool..always nice to see products stand the test of time..

So, I was kind of thrilled when I saw Tati aka GlamLifeGuru rave about this, then another youtuber or two..I thought, wow!!--they still make this..?? Nostalgia and the raves by the youtubers made me make a mental note to keep an eye out for this..not madly looking for it, but if I came across it, I would buy it.

I got this in Translucent Extra. First off, the smell..ohh, does that take me back!! I remember smelling it in my aunt's bedroom after she applied her makeup. And admittedly I took the little puff a couple of times and played with!! lol..I still remembered that smell..(which back then I thought was sophisticated and grown up, now I just do not care for it, it bothers my nose..)

And yes, there is the mess factor. You can keep half of the sticker on the sifter, so not as much product comes out, or if you are like me and took the entire sticker off when opening it, you could of course place a couple pieces of tape over some of the sifter holes so not so much product comes out. I still am just not a fan of that kind of product that can make a mess. But I was totally willing to overlook that bc I had high hopes due to the reviewers and the nostalgia aspect..

Well sadly, it did nothing for me..:( No, actually it did do something for me, it made me look very made-up and cake-y, no matter how much blending I did, and it clung to my dry patches (I have very small, just a couple dry patches, but boy did this accent those dry patches!!!) Also, it made me look washed out, ghostly (which, imho, 'translucent' should not do that..?)......even applying the product sparingly and tapping the brush off a few times before applying. Just gave me an overly done-up, heavy-handed makeup look with dry patches. Not cute! :(

That all said, I will keep this product and not throw it away or return it..too many fond childhood memories associated with it. That aunt was my favorite aunt and she passed away a few years ago, so this has sentimental meaning.....weird, I know, least it serves that unique purpose!! :-)

Recommended for Normal Skin