December 22, 2014 | 1851 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by rdwerth

I have combination/dry skin due to medications. I used to be super oily. I bought this powder from Walmart on a whim. I've never had much luck with pressed powder (when my skin was oily), so I wanted to try a loose powder. I was surprised by how hard this is to find... I found it in the polish section. (?)

I like this powder a lot. It gives the face an airbrushed appearance, and it keeps my makeup set ALL DAY LONG. However, you have to make sure you are well moisturized before using this. It sucks the oil out of my skin, which would be awesome if my skin were still oily. I don't mind as much since it does the job of keeping my makeup in place. I cannot get this on my undereye area. Every single fine line pops out if I do.

Overall this is a pretty great product that I will repurchase, if I ever get through the jar. I have a feeling I will still be using this same jar a year from now (extra bonus). If you have oily skin, I really recommend getting this. Just make sure you moisturize if you have combo/dry skin!!

I love the smell, btw. Very retro.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lizknowsbest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! !!! I used this to set my bb cream and I love it,it dosent look cakey but super natural and it leaves your face looking flawless soft and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder has been a staple in my make up arsenal since the 90's. My only gripe is that it's not portable to keep in my purse (so, MAC Studio Fix Powder/Beauticontrol BC Color Perfecting Wet/Dry Finish travel with me).

This stuff lasts forever. My last purchase lasted 4 years, and I just recently bought it in the "new to me" plastic container. Also with my last purchase, it came with a free applicator brush instead of the standard poof it comes with - I accidently threw it out when throwing out the empty powder - I could KICK MYSELF. It was awesome.

It's getting harder & harder to find in stores. I remember being able to walk into my local store and having a variety of shades offered. There used to be an Ivory, an Ivory Rose? (a pale porcelain with pink undertones - which I used and loved!!!!) and one called Naturelle, I think ... and a sparkly, luminous glowy one. I've also been able to find the unscented versions off and on over the years. The last 10 years or so, I've stuck with Transulcent. Now I am only able to find Transculent at one local store.

I quite enjoy the ritual of applying, though it can be time consuming when you're in a rush because you don't want to make a mess!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

NATURALLY NEUTRAL
I use this daily to set my foundation (Goss style: powder first, then foundation) and have had fantastic results. The texture is amazingly smooth and finely milled. The package has never cracked or fallen open on me. A decent amount of powder is released by upturning the product and the lid is so spacious that I can use just about any brush to pick up with. This is an amazing product for a shockingly affordable price.

Pros:
* smooth
* easy to pick up and apply
* package is wide enough to allow easy brush access
* simple product dispensing
* amazing price
* lasts forever

Cons:
* can get powdery if you don't buff excess away

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! Im sold its a great powder on my bobbi brown 4.5 foundation my skin looks nice i brought this in translucent extra coverage and so far it looks natural ill see how it looks in photos in the sun otherwise its just as good as my ben nye banana powder which i love also.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

I really wanted to like this, but I will be returning because of two reasons. Translucent is not translucent at all. It's pink-toned and i'm very picky with foundations/powders that add the slightest pink to my makeup. And also, i just couldn't get past the smell. If you don't mind the color or the smell, i'd definitely recommend this powder. It's very finely milled and inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

The hype for this product is so warranted. It is absolutely my favorite face powder. I put it on with the puff and use a powder brush to sweep off any excess. It looks natural and matte and doesn't enlarge pores or look streaky like so many other powders can. My foundation looks flawless all day, I can go at least 8 hours without having to touch up. The scent is very strong and "old lady-like" is indeed an appropriate descriptor, but I honestly don't mind it. Bottom line, this product is super affordable and to me, a must have!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am oily/combo and always need to set whatever foundation I am wearing with a powder. Coty is one of the better powders I've used. First of all, you get a massive amount of product for only like $6 or $7. Second, it's very finely milled and doesn't give you that very cakey, powdery look that many powders give, no matter how much you put on. I just buff it around my whole face with a RT powder brush and I am good to go. Sure, my nose does get a little shiny throughout the day but it does that even when I'm not wearing makeup but it's not an oil slick, and the rest of my face stays matte. This powder works well with any foundation I use.

Yes, the powder does have a very perfumey smell but I don't mind it. It wears off quite quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best setting powder in the world. I get it in translucent, but accidentally bought the other lightest shade, and it was cakier. There is zero color, but it turns my face to perfection over foundation. There is no better setting powder for concealer (tried that one Bobby Brown concealer with its own powder. Gross), no better mattifying powder (everything else I have ever tried cakes. This doesn't). It's so absurdly cheap that I have two more, so they will all last me for another 8 years or so. There is nothing better out there. Nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by MysteriousMagicalMUAer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the shade ''naturally neutral.'' I have NW10-15ish skin & the coloring of this powder is perfect for me. It's the perfect powder for my oily skin, doesn't break me out, doesn't oxidize, & doesn't cake up.