Hard Candy Super Shine Gloss- Sweetie

4.6

on 1/6/2010 8:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i was so excited to get this since i love the mini l/g in babydoll but i dont really like sweetie. its too...frosty. i have to really blend & sheer it out for it to be ok on me,also it looked horrible over l/s. guess ill just have to hord my babydoll & hope i can find it in the larger tube. shame because i bought 2 of these (gave used one to daughter,2nd one up for swap)

on 1/2/2005 9:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a great light beige gloss with high shine factor! It looks great over just about any lipstick and just adds that sexiness to it. It's frosted, so I wouldn't wear it alone otherwise it may look too opaque. I prefer it with a liner under and applied very sheer. I just love the smell of these ones and the little brush applicator.

on 4/4/2004 1:11:00 AM

I have no doubt that this would look better on pigmented lips, like my sister I think it'll look excellent on her. But for me it washes me out tremendously with its frosty, almost opaque colour. Wouldn't buy this again.

on 3/2/2004 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the previous review - this shade looks great on pigmented lips. The Hard Candy website describes it as a
frosted pink, but it looks more taupe to my eye.
On the lips it's a very sheer rosy nude but gives a polished yet subtle look.

me: *extremely* fair with cool undertones; grey eyes, dark blonde hair;
extremely dry, sensitive skin with random spots

www.hardcandy.com continued >>

on 2/23/2004 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Hard Candys glosses. They are slightly sticky (but not as bad as MAC). They are very long lasting and have some nice colors. Sweetie looks like a shimmery pale beige in the tube but goes on mostly clear with some shimmer/frost. Looks great on my pigmented lips. The only thing I don't like is that it has a brush and not a sponge tip. I don't really like glosses with a brush tip because sometimes the gloss goes on streaky looking, but this gloss goes on very nice even with the brush tip.

on 2/13/2004 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Amazing! one of my altime favorites. excellent alone of on top of lipstick. a gorgeous like pink shade. feels great on the lips and smells divine!

on 8/25/2003 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

i really like this color. I got a mini one in the 3-gloss set from sephora (this, pixie and pop) and it has become one of my staples. I'll definitely be buying a full-sizer of this! The HC lip glosses are my current favorite because they aren't TOO sticky but have very good staying power....and smell great!

on 6/10/2003 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product, has a wonderful smell, its basically a whitish gloss. but it looks great with a tan and the smell is scrumptous!!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I never thought this color would look good on a FFF like me. Most nude and frostly lip colors I tried seemed to disappear in my skin color. But this is an exception. It has a great smell (like cookie dough) and it goes great with smoky eyes. I even use it over lipsticks to give them a boost.

on 11/25/2002 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very pretty nude color that looks amazing with a tan. It smells just like cake batter and makes my lips look nice and shiny.