July 23, 2014 | 1871 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lip Stain- Twilight

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by alleeyanah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Can I just say I'm absolutely obsessed with this!! I love Revlon's lip stains and this one did not disappoint! However as others have said this was kinda darker than it appeared to be but I don't mind I just put on a little and spread with my lips and voila! Not too dark :)
Although I was never a fan of the balm it came with as mine always seems to break for some reason, I just use my regular lip balm with it.
This is definitely my go-to lip stain for a subtle look on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by annakatedyer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ooooh, I love the colour! It stayed on my lips for hours, even through eating and drinking. Easy to carry around and touch up with. Not sure about the whole lip balm packaging idea though, it looks as though it would break off easily. A matte finish. Love. It.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

I feel this color would compliment most skin tones. Also, what a perfect name for this because it looks exactly like what bella and edward wear on twilight- especially in the breaking dawn 2. Anyways, you have exfoliate and hydrate your lips maybe an hour before using this - especially if its like winter and your lips or dry or you just have dry lips in general. The color is not what I would call "plummy". It's like a tawny medium to deep "salmon" (depending on how many layers or how pigmented your lips are). The healthier my lips are the better this goes on which is understandable. great color. great lasting power. and the balm helps to keep you hydrated. it can be dark so I apply quickly to my bottom lip and press my lips together to transfer to the top lip before it dries and it doesn't look as deep.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this (plus Instinct) -for buy one get one 50% off. This is REALLY dark. I mean I'm olive colored, and it looks dark on me! I guess after it wears out a little -which is a long time, it sat on my lips through a facial -it starts lightening up.
Also - this and the other color are very similar to eachother, even though they are very different on the outside.
Also - don't judge the color based on the outside of the tube -very off.
Also - uneven application.

Regardless, it is what it promises - a lip stain. So in that regard, its perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by nir15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm definitely into matte lip colors more than shimmery ones, and this product is perfect and definitely worth the money! This color is definitely my favorite. On my skin, it turned out a perfect crimson color and I love the red matte lips look this gives. The color stays the whole day, even when the balm wears off. The balm that comes with the product is very moisturizing and sometimes I just wear it by itself on days I don't want a strong lip.
As far as the packaging, I haven't had a problem although I will say that I like the packaging of these more than Tarte lipstains.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Twighlight ended up exactly as I pictured it BASED ON the DISPLAY swatch; but the outside case is completely misleading!

I was looking for a lipstain that is inexpensive and 'gothic' plummy and this suited the bill perfectly. I didn't have any problem applying, but the applicator does seem a little 'harsh' feeling. Also, the balm part broke as soon as I opened the cap; could have been an off tube, but I didn't see on first look if the balm could be extended???? If not, it's not alot of balm they give you. I pressed it back in, and it seemed ok but I'll probably be using a different balm/gloss over it. So lippy off for less than ideal packaging.

Based on my previous experience w/ lipstains, I only apply when my lips are not chapped, and it helps to give lips a light brush with your toothbrush before applying to give it a smooth even surface to 'stain' onto.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ejtrudell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite lip product by far when combined with a gloss. And I love the color. Some reviewers said it was dark, but I found it perfectly plum. I top it with a Korres lip butter or Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Fireberry. Now, I really dislike the balm that comes in the other end (it's not moisturizing and doesn't last), but I just don't use it. And since I've paid around $20 for other stains, it doesn't bother me to only use one side of the product. Note: I initially hesitated to buy this product because I'd tried some marker stains by Avon's Mark that dried out far too quickly. These really don't. I use mine all the time, and they last about 4 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by glasker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am new to lip stains but I love this one! Maybe I'm alone in having swatched the colour first before I bought it so the fact it's a lot darker than the outer packaging wasn't a huge surprise for me. It's relatively easy to apply (I use the side of the tip to sweep from side to side rather than using the top of the tip like a marker pen) and it stays put forever. Passes every single kiss test with flying colours! I'm not a huge lipstick fan so the light formulation suits me well and the balm though awkward to use (it doesn't retract so the little nubby bit you can see is all you get) is reasonably good at moisturising. The colour range isn't great but this one is a firm favourite.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this lipstain! the trick to getting even coverage is to use the balm before you do anything to your face, then do your whole makeup routine, THEN swipe it on. it would be much better than the covergirl one, if only because of the balm, but the color is so much better than theirs as well. also, the balm helps smooth out the color after its on your lips, kind of like an eraser. and it lasts for like, ever, ive had mine for over a year and im just now wondering if i should replace it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not impressed. Colour is too dark, as others have said. I also find this EXTREMELY difficult to apply. It goes on ridiculously unevenly in terms of colour density, and it's hard to even out. I was hoping for a lighter mauve-ish colour with this one, but it went on much darker than I had planned. The first of these stains I tried is the "Gothic" shade and I found that colour a bit better as far as colour density goes, but I think the formula of this stuff just sinks into any uneven skin on the lips and causes a very patchy look. Will not repurchase any other shades; can't recommend.

Oh. But it does at least have staying power.