November 25, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Rose Caprice #475

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Angie59

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

State of the art colour..... gorgeous texture and very good lasting power 4-5 hours after coffee and a muffin...beautiful cool undertone pink with a very subtle pearl finish.. not matte but not sparkly or glittery either.. Amazing.. hydrates the lips also.. Love and will always repurchase..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Sparkled

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Girls, please don't allow the review below to sway you from at least trying this color yourselves! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I find the reviewer's comments not a little insulting. Pink Caprice 475 (aka Rose Caprice 475) is a beautiful lilac-pink that comes in a creamy, luxurious, moisturizing formula that lasts for hours. Maybe this color could be described as "tacky" if you piled on five layers or wore it to an arraignment, but it's honestly a very feminine, refreshing shade that compliments a bevy of eyeshadow looks and skin tones.

The color of Pink Caprice does its name justice! Whim and whimsy, and a bit of impulsivity cleverly characterize this gorgeous jolt of eye-catching but incredibly girlish shade. It's hot pink and lavender tinged and cool blue all at once. With a touch of gloss, it's VERY wearable with a neutral eye and some flushed cheeks. If you're feeling bold, pair Pink Caprice with a smoky purple eye and some glowing skin skin. I promise you, this is a shade you WILL get compliments on; it lights up your skin, brightens your teeth, and draws attention to your face in the best possible way. It isn't theatrical, and if you're scared, wear it as a stain to start.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I couldn't disagree more with the other 2 reviews.
This is the reformulated Pink Preview #475. Let me just say that I reviewed Pink Preview many years ago & it has been my go-to lipstick forever, for all of the reasons listed on my review. I always have a tube of it in my purse & I always have backups in my vanity. Always.

This new creation - Rose Caprice #475 - is an EPIC FAIL, imho. It is an in-your-face, look-at-me shade of (tacky) fluorescent pink w/purple luminescence. There is nothing remotely subtle, sophisticated or glamorous about it. Looks like something a MAC SA would wear, and I do *not* mean that as a slam - not at all. MAC SAs are supposed to look OTT & theatrical, and that describes this new lipstick perfectly.

I will hold on tightly to my 3 backups of Pink Preview & enjoy them even more than before. I am stunned that Dior has made this remarkable faux pas . . . discontinuing one of the most perfect lipsticks of life. Stunned.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by makeup1alleycat

Thank you Dior for re-formulating!!! I would have switched to another lipstick if you hadn't. I LOVE this color and I loved the color before the re-formulation. It is a stand-out pink but, amazingly, it is not harsh on the skin. This is what I want (and found) in a lipstick
- a bright pink that brings out my eyes
- a smooth, creamy feel
- a smooth, glossy look
I used to wear Lancome's Champgne but it was too dark and failed to brighten my skin. However it is a beautiful color on some. My complaint for Pink Preview (475 pre- new formualtion) was that the semi-matte was incredibly drying and ruined the whole look. I can now call Rose Caprice my favorite lipstick! It is the SAME color as Pink Preview!!! It's worth the money :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I Love All Things Pink Light OR Dark....Especially Pink Lipsticks......Fast Forward To Today I Went To Sephora To Purchase Nars Schiap....But After Trying It Out I Found It Way Too Similiar To Other Hot Pink Lippies In My Stash....So I Browsed Sephora & Practically Tried On Many Pink Lippies From Reputable Brands & Was Not Content.....Till I Waltz Over @ The Dior Section & Chose This.....I Tried It On & My Aha Moment....Came To Life.......

This Is A Gorgeous Barbiesque Pink Lippie W/Lavendar Undertones....Love @ First Swipe Is An Understatement....Instantly My Face Came Alive & My Current Blush(which I was wearing) Screamed PURCHASE.....@ $30 It Was Well Worth It.....I Have Warm Undertones & Light Bronze Skin......& It Complements It Purrrrfectly......I Will So Repurchase!!!! Thank You Dior.....WOC Get This....Matter Of Fact All MUA Ladies Should Have This In Your Stash No Dupes Necessary.....& Its Lightweight Feels Great On The Lips Not Thick & Moisturizes Great.....Their Is A Slight Scent Once Applied But That Goes Away Once On & After A Few Seconds/Minutes!!!!!