Ulta ULTA Extreme Wear Gel Liner in Primetime (Black)

2.9

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Hate this!!!! Does not stay on and is extremely greasy and smudges. Even after i applied i closed my eyes for like 3 minutes so it wouldnt transfer and no luck. Waste if $4.32 the essence brand one is much better

on 11/11/2012 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this because I ran out of my gel liner and the closest MAC store is an hour away but we have do have an Ulta and this was on sale two for one. So I got this and Perfection, I like that one a lot more than this one. This has a weird consistency for gel liner it's I guess grainy? There's not much color pay off at lest compared to black track from MAC and it's really glittery. However it has great staying power.

on 7/21/2012 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Today was my first time using this eyeliner and I wore it on a day when I would be outside in the Texas heat to really give it a run for it's money. :)

I applied it with the ELF angled eyeliner brush and it went on smooth and perfectly BLACK. It was easy to apply it just where I wanted it and really filled in my upper lashline.

In terms of wearability - it was hands down fantastic! I have the oiliest skin ever and on tap of that I was outside in 95 degree heat all day at a party and this liner never budged! It didn't melt, smear, transfer...NOTHING. It is truly amazing!

on 7/27/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It stays on, but the glitter gets everywhere. I bought it because it was on sale and needed eyeliner.

on 12/29/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought the artist shadow play kit available during the holidays and this was one of the shadows inside. The color is not all that bad but the liner itself is very greasy. I had to set it with shadow. I will use what I have but i will not be repurchasing, I will stick with WNW creme liner.

on 9/26/2010 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Weird texture not very eyeliner like. Has little sparkles. It lasts pretty well though.

on 9/17/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try the new Ulta Extreme Wear Gel Liners when they had a GWP promotion going on, and I did not like them at all. When I tried Primetime (Black), I used a very thin liner brush to apply a line along my top eyelashes, and I immediately noticed that the color was uneven...there were clumps of color transferring onto my skin, sort of blotchy...it's hard to describe, but it wasn't going on evenly at all, so I had to apply about three thin lines of this, with a light stroke, to get a true black. I waited and waited, but this stuff never dried down. I naturally had to blink, and there was a line left on my eyelid from the liner. I also thought I would try a thin layer of this from my lid to my crease to see if it could be used as a base for shadow, but it felt greasy and immediately creased. When you look at these in Ulta, they will not be shrink-wrapped or boxed. They are sat on the shelf with no protection whatesoever between the product inside the jar and somebody's fingers. That's why I gave it a 2 for packaging quality. The retail price is $9, which wouldn't be bad if the product were worth the try, but it definitely wasn't. This was smudgy, greasy, and I went to the trouble to go back to Ulta and return it.