July 29, 2014 | 1196 users online

Polishes - OPI - I'm Suzi & I'm A Chocoholic

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Opaque rusty brick brown with a shiny finish. Not chocolate at all. Pulls so orange and unflattering on my very fair skin, makes my hands look extremely yellow and jaundiced. Co-ordinates perfectly with age spots, thus highlighting them and making hands also look aged. I can't see this color suiting many people. The formula is horrible, thick, gloopy and takes ages to dry. It does have good coverage though.

Oh and Opi costs $26 a bottle in stores here in New Zealand, not $13. I think the other reviewer must be purchasing cheap bottles from trademe which is like our version of ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryKisses23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At the moment I have on 'I'm Suzi and I'm a Chocoholic', Milani 'Gems' on ring fingers, INM 'Looks Wet' top coat. A warm, comforting, deep, reddish brown color perfect for Autumn/Winter. My manicure is glass-like and it looks as tho I have I have had my nails professionally done when in reality it took me 10 minutes!

Color - AMAZING
Application (2 coater) - STELLAR - Buttery Smooooth
Price - $13NZD Totally worth it
Overall - FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by turtlegirl82

This is my go-to color. It is not really a chocolate but a creme-y brick-red that intensifies on the brown or red depending on your complexion. I'm really pale so I thought it would be too overpowering at first but it looks great, especially on toes. Last time I got a pedicure with this color it lasted me for 3 whopping weeks with absolutely no chipping! I think she used two coats and a strengthening top coat. Also this color looks sophisticated with virtually any outfit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

The most flattering vampy warmtoned chocolately wine red cognac shide. Applies smooth and non-streaky. Does take a while to dry. Being super pale and very yellow toned it's hard to find reds that don't look garish on me and I usually opt for the vampy almost black wine shades and plums but everything usually leans too purple on me. I have noticed this is really nice but not perfect on me - the search for the perfect cognac colour continues!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by sayde

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is so good I may have to break the long standing moratorium on buying more polish. Tried this when getting a pedicure. Looks lighter in the bottle than applied. I love cream(no sparkle) burgundies and red browns and have many but this one is different from all of them and really nice. Not as orange as London Bridge is Falling Down, darker and warmer/less mauve than French Cognac. This fits into a color niche unlike any of the other OPI polishes I have seen. It is a subtle color - may-be it seems that way because it is compatible with my medium-light warm skin tone. Prior to this my favorite was Oh to be 25 again, which is more rose-burgundy, also lovely. If you like that but would like something a little more warm and red you may like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by MERP

Once upon a time in the '90s I was in love with OPI's "French Cognac", which has long since been discontinued. This is a reasonable replacement for it, and I am happy. A flattering red with brown tones. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Elegant red, brown with a wow factor. Love it on my toes. Not too dark. My new fav warm red.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

this colour is lovely!
you can either class this as a chocolate brown with a red tone, or as a dark red with a brown tone. the two are mixed wonderfully in my opinion, and this unusual colour caught my eye immediately.
this colour is also quite dark, and i love to see this on my nails in autumn and winter especially.
i feel that this is also a really nice reference to the traditional 'dark red nail' manicure, but with a lovely chocolatey twist!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shade is a red brown, and it's very similar to another color that was in the OPI line back in the late 1990's called French Cognac. It's a creme shade, and it's nice for fall. Since I wore this color almost 10+ years ago, I am not that fond of it ~ it's quite a boring shade for me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I'll start this review by saying that I find reds difficult to wear. This goes for lips and nails. I generally look best in brown-based reds, as opposed to those more blue or orange, but even so it is hard for me to find one that isn't too garish, or so deep that it simply looks brown/black until someone peers closely at it. It's very frustrating because I see beautiful red nail polish on other women all the time and it looks so elegant and sexy, but I never feel I can find one that looks the same on me.

With that said, this is my favorite red nail polish of all time. The shade is a dark warm red, almost a brick color. I would not call it brown, as I see other reviewers have. It's definitely red with a glossy creme finish, and has a pin-up girl/old Hollywood glamour to it, but isn't so loud that it would look inappropriate in a conservative business environment. I get compliments on it all the time (some no doubt from friends who are sick of seeing me play it safe with pinks and beiges all the time, ha ha) and I'm just sorry I didn't find this sooner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No